Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  > Why do my non-stick pans still stick?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Belle Requin
Msg: 3
Why do my non-stick pans still stick?Page 1 of 1    
I have lagostina pots and a 2 fry pans. LOVE them. Virtually nothing sticks to them. Although the fry pan near the end has started to stick, and I threw out the third one this year- it was 5 years old. I bought a Tfal to replace it, and absolutely hate it. SO glad I didn't buy matching pots and pans. I've been debating new pots and pans, but can't choose between high qual stainless, and sticking to my non-stick. Even for cleaning- if I burn anything or leave food in a pot for a week, it will still come clean with a mere swipe of a rag.

For frying you need moisture. So if you're not adding oil, you have to at least be adding some water.

Bake ware, I use Wilton's. They're great and rarely anything sticks- although I don't do low fat baking (usually your non stick with work better if there's adequate fat in the recipe. If you're doing low fat baking, it may not work as well. Otherwise, just use parchment paper.
 daynadaze
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Why do my non-stick pans still stick?
Posted: 10/25/2010 6:32:22 PM
Make sure you are using the pans correctly, you can damage the surface and once that happens they are about useless, not to mention probably unsafe to use.
 Lint Spotter
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2010 6:13:28 AM

I have lagostina pots and a 2 fry pans. LOVE them. Virtually nothing sticks to them.
I swear by my DeLonghi set; bought them two and a half years ago and my sister-in-law has fallen in love with them as well after visiting a few times. They're not the non-stick kind either, I just use appropriate oil or sprays for cooking and have never had a problem.

With the chemicals released from non-stick cookware, I would be hesitant to use them.
 Belle Requin
Msg: 7
Posted: 10/27/2010 7:31:58 PM
^^My experience with silicone bakeware has been if the recipe doesn't have enough fat, the food sticks. I had an entire 2 dozen batch of cupcakes that became a trifle because they stuck to the cups. However, when I make crustless quiche with them, they just slide out beautifully.
 Molly Maude
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 11/4/2010 12:00:42 AM
I've noticed with my older "non-stick" cookware ... when the cookware becomes "tired" and it's starting to get a little sticky ... if I "season" it the way I used to season other skillets decades ago by heating it and wiping with oil ... that sort of rejuvinates the non-stick feature ...

also ... I think my cookware with the "non-stick" features never expected someone like me to put them in the dishwasher!

sort of off-shoot of this thread ... you all use Pam without making a horrendous mess? if I use those spray-on oils, the mess is so bad I've actually been tempted to toss the cookware! am I baking at too high a temperature maybe?
Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  > Why do my non-stick pans still stick?