Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  > Favourite pumpkin recipees!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 raxarsr
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Favourite pumpkin recipees!Page 1 of 1    
its that time of year again.....here are some of my faves.........all but moms pumpkin pie....which i simply cant duplicate

Pumpkin Cheese Bread

2 1/2 c. sugar
1 8 oz. pkg. softened cream cheese
1/2 c. margarine
4 eggs
1 16 oz. can pumpkin
3 1/2 c. flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
1 c. chopped nuts

Combine sugar, cream cheese and margarine, mixing at medium speed until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time mixing well after each one. Blend in pumpkin. Add combined dry ingredients, mixing just until moistened. Fold in nuts. Pour into two greased and floured 9 x 5 inch loaf pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until it tests done. Cool 5 minutes and remove from pans.

Pumpkin Marble Cheesecake

1 1/2 c. gingersnap crumbs (just smash the cookies)
1/2 c. finely chopped pecans
1/3 c. margarine, melted
2 8 oz. pkgs. cream cheese, softened
3/4 c. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
3 eggs
1 c. canned pumpkin
3/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
Combine gingersnap crumbs, pecans and margarine and press onto bottom and 1 1/2 inches up the sides of a 9 inch springform pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Combine cream cheese, 1/2 c. sugar and vanilla, mixing at medium speed until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each one. Reserve 1 cup of the batter. Add remaining sugar, pumpkin and spices to remaining batter, mix well. Alternately layer pumpkin and cream cheese batter over crust. Cut through batters with a knife several times for marble effect. Bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes. Loosen cake from rim of pan, cool before removing rim of pan. Chill.

Karrups Pie Mit Schnapps (Whisky Pumpkin Pie)

Pastry for a large, deep pie
2 c. cooked pumpkin
1 c. sugar
3 eggs, seperated
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/3 c. cream
1/2 c. butter, melted
1/2 c. whisky
1 Tbsp. cornstarch
To the pumpkin add the sugar, egg yolks and cinnamon and beat for several minutes. Quickly add the cream, butter and whisky, mix well. sprinkly the cornstarch over the stiffly beaten egg whites and fold into the first mixture. Pour into a pastry lined pan about 2 1/2 inches deep and bake for 1 hour in a 375 degree oven. Let it cool.

Pumpkin Roll Dessert

Pumpkin roll:

3 eggs, beaten
1 c. white sugar
2/3 c. cooked pumpkin
3/4 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. cinnamon
Filling:

1 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese
1 c. powdered sugar
4 Tbsp. butter
1/2 tsp. vanilla
To prepare roll, beat eggs for 5 minutes. Add sugar, pumpkin, flour, baking soda and cinnamon and mix well. Pour into greased and floured 10" x 15" jelly roll pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Turn baked roll out onto long length of paper towel or kitchen towel which has been sprinkled with powdered sugar. Roll the cake into the towel, beginning with the narrow end. Let cool about 1/2 hour. Meanwhile beat together all filling ingredients until smooth. Unroll cake and remove paper towel. Spread filling on cake roll and roll up again without towel. Refrigerate to chill. Slice and serve.

Sour Cream Pumpkin Pie

1 c. firmly packed brown sugar
1 Tbsp. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. ground ginger
1/2 tsp. of each: ground nutmeg, ground cloves & cinnamon
1 c. canned pumpkin
2 eggs, beaten
1 c. evaporated milk
1/2 c. sour cream
1/2 c. chopped walnuts
1 unbaked 9 inch pie shell
In a bowl, mix brown sugar, flour, salt, and spices. Add pumpkin, eggs, milk, sour cream and walnuts and mix well. Pour into crust. Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven 40-50 minutes or until a knife comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack
 curlygrl
Msg: 2
pumpkin time!
Posted: 10/26/2010 4:42:03 PM
Wow - these are awesome.

I am deffinately going to do the pumpkin bread this weekend.

Maybe even the sour cream pumpkin pie.

Wow. Thank you Raxarsr.

I am bookmarking this thread.

My message is too short so one more compliment- Man, you can Cook,
Sir- I have tried many of your recipes and I thank you.
 raxarsr
Msg: 3
view profile
History
pumpkin time!
Posted: 10/26/2010 5:16:41 PM
curlygrl?.....want to try something amazing with the pumpkin bread?.........use it to make french toast............top with apple butter
Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  > Favourite pumpkin recipees!