Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > So I walk into this Jack-in-the-Box... What should I have said...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 rainman12
Msg: 2
view profile
History
So I walk into this Jack-in-the-Box... What should I have said...Page 1 of 1    
....insert sourdough joke here....

Shouldn't have said anything. Should wrote your name and number on the paper sleeve the straw comes in and blown it at her. Classy.
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 3
So I walk into this Jack-in-the-Box... What should I have said...
Posted: 10/29/2010 8:57:43 PM
OP- I picked up my ex wife (when we first met) when she was with her mom and dad....

I was smitten at the time- so I went for it. but more "respectfully" so to speak. asked her out right there in front of them.

and I was just wanting to screw her.

which of course ... well... anyways.

I ran into her father about a month later at a Burger King....while eating breakfast.

maybe there is something here....burger king....jack in the box..????

ps- be sure to flatter the mother...once she's on your side....you're in like Flynn....

U make it entertaining
Msg: 4
Posted: 10/29/2010 9:53:26 PM
^^^^that is so true.

ps- be sure to flatter the mother...once she's on your side....you're in like Flynn....

When I broke up with my first husband my mother was on my case to stay with him. This continued on and on throughout the marriage. Too bad she couldn't date him.
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 5
Posted: 10/29/2010 10:17:44 PM

When I broke up with my first husband my mother was on my case to stay with him. This continued on and on throughout the marriage. Too bad she couldn't date him.

oh ya...her mom and I had a fine relationship. she was happy I took her daughter off her hands.

then when I gave her back to her...she didn't like it.

lol
 femaleconnection
Msg: 8
Posted: 10/30/2010 6:35:32 AM
The closest version to the truth is what you should have said.

"I saw you and your lovely friend (dont assume it was her mom, could be an older looking sister or something) enter and was compelled to turn around and enter as well, if you are single Id like to ask for your number for a coffee sometime'.

Say it on a straw, make a paper airplane or walk over and spit it out verbally...doesnt matter. What matters is acting on it, and being as honest about things as you can be without coming off as creepy.
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 9
Posted: 10/30/2010 6:55:23 AM

ps- be sure to flatter the mother...once she's on your side....you're in like Flynn...

With the Mother maybe..Does NOT work on hot girls .It's just creepy.IMO

when I say 'flatter' - I don't mean in any sort of sexual creepy way. I just mean come across as an intelligent, funny, respectful, interesting- non 'creep' kinda guy!!!

and ya- it DOES work on hot girls....
 Cool_November
Msg: 10
Posted: 10/30/2010 8:06:35 AM
You should have introduced yourself,stated your name and occupation,made some small talk that flattered them(ie,jeez,I thought yous two were sisters), then offered to pay for thier meal and asked them to politely join you at your table were you could proceed to enchant them with your charm and see if you two are compatable.EASY,......
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > So I walk into this Jack-in-the-Box... What should I have said...