Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > about 'connection' and men's sexual drive      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Walts
Msg: 4
about 'connection' and men's sexual drivePage 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Holy moly,,,,,,doing a lot of assuming with that "theory" of yours. Men can't attain a "connection"?????? Says whom????? And I know a few women here and there, that don't "need" that "connection" yet have no probs satisfying their sexual needs when the time arises. Or are you asking in basic generic terms here???? Ya know,,,that ALL men think with their pee pees???? Stuff that is constantly repeated as "truth"??????

Your reaching,,,,actually you are stretching it,,,,big time. Generic thoughts at best. Not so good if you are actually trying to get people to start "thinking" and replying "intelligently".
Helpful hint,,,for next time. A simple question requires nothing more than simple words,,,,if you want replies. If ya want ca ca,,,try baffling them with BS.
 Walts
Msg: 9
about 'connection' and men's sexual drive
Posted: 11/2/2010 5:42:26 PM

My post says men ARE capable of connecting with women, but are deprived of the means to do so by diversity of lifestyle/beliefs that make people at odds with each other

Much better,,,,,but in fact your theory is wrong,,,if for any reason BECAUSE of the diversity of lifestyle/beliefs out there. With that diversity,,,comes diversity in people (both male and female) which means that there are men that DO connect,,,and other's that DON'T. In fact,,,if ya throw in all the different types of religon, you can/will see that in some men and women can have amazing "equal" relationships. In others ,,,,not so much. That is just ONE example.
 Walts
Msg: 12
Posted: 11/2/2010 5:50:12 PM
I'm going with Message 11 as revilors basically stated what truely is "true". Like I said in my first post,,,you are assuming all men, and all women look for one thing,and one thing only,,,all the time. False.
 _TALL_IQ2_
Msg: 17
Posted: 11/2/2010 6:06:00 PM
I think people like you DESERVE damnation.

3/5 have voted to delete this thread, at least 7 delete votes out of 10 are needed to auto delete this thread

Let's make it 7 out of 10 sooner rather than later for this shallow redundant thread attempt about as deep as his troll profile...

I guess my deleting privileges have been revoked, I don't see a delete button anywhere, otherwise I would vote to delete

Sometimes you have to log in again to see those buttons, go ahead and try it..
 christ on a crutch
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 11/2/2010 6:36:06 PM
I think people like you DESERVE damnation.

i bestow preemptive salvation upon all of thee, my flock. go forth now and multiply.

amen.

ah, women.
 Delete_Me_Please
Msg: 24
Posted: 11/2/2010 7:00:05 PM

they clash...no connection...just sex on his mind...she's looking for connection.
You're talking like a horny twentysomething. Fortunately, as many men mature (which can happen when someone's 23 or 60), that important word "just" is removed. Sex is still on a guy's mind but he also realizes he wants a connection. The same goes for women whose desire of a connection is inclusive of sex rather than exclusive.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 27
Posted: 11/2/2010 7:17:19 PM

I need intellectual reply, by people concerned about this topic.

You hear all the time how women are looking for a connection,

Wow, 0 for 2. I guess I can't relate to any of that, so I can't honestly contribute.

I'm not concerned, nor am I a woman who actively "looks" for a connection.
 _TALL_IQ2_
Msg: 29
Posted: 11/2/2010 7:23:21 PM
praise human achievement anymore, as this is what humans have created. The "primitive tribal God of the hebrews"

Do we actually have to wait until tomorrow morning for the mods to wake up and Delete This Thread?

That boy obviously hasn't yet had a girlfriend, and is attention seeking in the worst way..

Let's hope he wises up before 30 and won't latch onto some guru that feeds him cool-aid..
 U make it entertaining
Msg: 34
Posted: 11/2/2010 7:51:48 PM
Wow ...

:shaking head in disbelief:

_TALL_IQ2_
Msg: 38
Posted: 11/2/2010 8:42:38 PM

I am willing to bet that you, the stud-muffin, CAN NOT get a woman to sleep with you if you were upfront and honest about who you are and what you want, as she'd be totally different than you in interests and lifestyle thanks to the diversity of society, and would not be able to connect with you enough to sleep with you

Little grasshopper, someday even you will find a "connection" with those "different species", the ladies..
Not this year, and especially not here with your projecting false idols/ideas onto others...
 Island home
Msg: 42
Posted: 11/2/2010 9:37:11 PM
Op if your desire is to deny reality and

wants people to be uniform in their beliefs and lifestyle, so men and women can connect? That is ALL I'm advocating.

It sounds like a recipe for an orgy to me

How does one differentiate 1 female or 1 male from the other?

Attraction to one would be attraction to all
 MsMicki
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 11/2/2010 10:20:56 PM

The whole old testament is dedicated to describing this society and how it was the only nation God called his people

Anytime I see someone spouting scripture from the Old Testament......it reminds
me of this awesome letter that was sent to Dr Laura after her ridiculous homosexuality rant.

Dear Dr. Laura:
Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God’s Law. I have learnt a great deal from your show and try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind them that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it is an abomination. End of debate.
I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some other elements of God’s Laws and how to follow them.
1. Leviticus 25:44 states that I may possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighbouring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies only to Mexicans but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can’t I own Canadians?
2. I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?
3. I know I’m not allowed contact with a woman during her period of menstrual uncleanliness – Lev.15: 19-24. The problem is how do I tell? I tried asking, but got biffed across the chops for my trouble.
4. When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odour for the Lord – Lev.1:9. The problem is my neighbours. The odour annoys the hell out of them. Should I smite them?
5. I have a neighbour who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2. clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself, or should I ask the police to do it?
6. A friend of mine feels that although eating shellfish is an abomination – Lev. 11:10, he feels it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don’t agree. Can you settle this? Are there ‘degrees’ of abomination?
7. Lev.21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?
8. Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev. 19:27. How should they die?
9. I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but can I still play football if I wear gloves?
10. My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev.19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? Lev.24:10-16. Couldn’t we just burn them to death at a private family affair, like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)
 Delete_Me_Please
Msg: 48
Posted: 11/3/2010 12:06:51 AM
^^Doesn't the Bible also say, "Thou shall not lie" as in, "Thou shall not profess to be non-religious on their profile when in truth they're a sanctimonious Bible-thumper?" The least you could do is enter your profession as "Troll."
 jamie9562
Msg: 49
Posted: 11/3/2010 12:11:29 AM

You are going to pay for your sins, if you don't believe that he paid for your's on the cross.

i never asked anyone to pay for my sins,,,if someone decided to take that upon himself,,that's his business...

but i insist you STOP GIVING ME A GUILT COMPLEX about it....

take responsibility for your own actions and stop waiting for me to bow before you just because your an idiot who decided getting strung up on a cross was somehow going to solve the worlds problems,,,,,

i am guilt free! but nice try,,now go back to your room and go flagellate youself..

lol
 christ on a crutch
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 11/3/2010 12:13:07 AM

A sick mind wants people to be uniform in their beliefs and lifestyle, so men and women can connect? That is ALL I'm advocating.

read: 'all the christian girls i know have slapped me, thrown drinks in my face or gotten restraining orders against me, so i need new recruits if i'm ever to get my d|ck wet.'
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 52
Posted: 11/3/2010 12:19:11 AM

someone with similiar views, outlooks, beliefs and interests,

OP- a connection has NOTHING to do with any of this.

a connection is a connection and it is nothing manufactured...nothing with boundaries or limits or anything else.

if you've ever had a serious connection with a woman- you'd know what I'm talking about.

to get a real connection- its about 2 people that come together and let the forces unknown and unseen by us that opens our eyes to things we've never thought or expected or whatever ....

I have a certain look that really makes me hot and these are the types of women tha I pursue.

but the best, most true...most real...hottest connection I ever had with a woman almost 100% does NOT fit into what I seek right now at least from a physical, beliefs , etc as you mention.

with that girl - it came from left field and I left a girl that was waaayyyy physically hotter, fit into my normal "belief" system, grew up with similar religious and demographics for this that woman.

because the 'connection' hit me like a runaway freight train.

oh to find something like that again.
 arwen52
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 11/3/2010 8:50:50 AM
society makes it hard for [men] to find someone with similiar views, outlooks, beliefs and interests,

Exactly how does it do that?

This diversity of lifestyle/beliefs is the culprit.

I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Will you elaborate on this?

Didn't Jesus say "narrow" is the way which leadeth to life?

I have no idea what this has to do with the question.

Perhaps that is why biblical society was so narrow and regimented?

Again, I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

The majority of people in the world live without any significant influence from The Bible. Christians and Jews comprise about 1/3 of the world's population. The rest are Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist, Chinese traditional, and indigenous and other various.

Please state your hypothesis a little more clearly and provide some basis for it if you want a thoughtful answer. And remember, asking for a thoughtful discussion here is . . . well, probably unrealistic.

Women like you disgust me, and you don't even want to know what God thinks of you.

Wow, that's not very nice. I think statements like that, rather than people, should be damned.
 arwen52
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 11/3/2010 9:10:18 AM

Is anyone NOT going to hell? Does hell even have enough room for us all?
I'll take my chances that hell will be too full when I show up, and I'll just be sent away.

Dour, narrow-minded, hateful Christians can keep their heaven. Why would any healthy person want to spend eternity with them. Now *there's* my idea of hell!
 DemonLeather
Msg: 64
Posted: 11/3/2010 9:43:04 AM
>sigh< that's what is actually WRONG with today,. everyone has their own "pet" theory Yours just happens to be religous.. and of course totally wrong..
Jesus (even if you're Mexican & pronounce it "Hey-Suse') Has nothing to do with it,.the bible, has nothing to do with it..ANY organized structured society has those "taboos" that SOMEONE decides is bad, and gets all the sheep in line to conform..It becomes a religion, or a Law, which requires some policing force to keep the law enforced or some structure religion who has their own police force (clergy) to tell you that "Iffin yew whack yore pee-pee yewer a-gowin tew Heil!"(Best Southern Evangelical accent) I don't buy it,.. I quit going to church @ 11 BECAUSE I couldn't buy it EVEN back then...I don't buy half the laws constricting My behavior, because most of the LAW MAKERS eventually show up in the papers Sexting boy interns, or Presidents shoving cigars up Girl interns behinds.. Comon Now,. And lets NOT even go looking into the priesthood... all I can say is I'm GLAD I was never a sacrificial alter boy...So.. You go ahead,. & put your hand in the hand of the man who stilled the water,.. I'll just go take a shower after this...
 ladyc4
Msg: 68
Posted: 11/3/2010 11:24:04 AM

"the FEAR of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom."

Indeed it is-but ,son, you have to progress forward from that point.

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad. If you are a deeply religious Old Testament footwashing Baptist holy roller bible thumper-in some of your posts you alsmost sound like a JW...anyway, you are a tomato trying to get into a fruit salad. You may lose even the beginnings of your wisdom and have to start all over again if you aren't careful.

Seek ye the Christian dating sites, the church singles groups, do faith-based volunteer work, join eHarmony-you will have MUCH better odds of finding both "connection" and sexual drive. Having a hissyfitmeltdown on the forums of a free secular dating website accomplishes nothing.
Sorry the girl got away. Of couse when this other guy gets done exercising his sexual drive on her, you'll regard her as damaged goods and won't be able to "connect" anymore.
Really, either you ARE a troll, OR, you are hopelessly out of your depth in the open class of Adventures in Modern Dating. Find sites and activities more in keeping with your beliefs.
Cindy O
 JP1111
Msg: 71
Posted: 11/3/2010 3:12:36 PM

You hear all the time how women are looking for a connection, and men seem to just think with their..you know

Right off the bat, your theory is flawed. The moment you say “you hear” tells me that this is simply a common thought that's passed around based with no fundamental facts and could simply be based on nothing. So could you develop a theory that's based on nothing factual?

By trying to correlate and include what Jesus said, is simply volunteering again good thoughts and good ideas but again is not based on facts. For instance, if I was to ask you where in the bible it says ["narrow" is the way which leadeth to life? , you probably wouldn;t know since again, it was said by one person, passed on by another and so on and so forth.

You are 100% correct here as the important word is “perhaps”. How can you find if it's true or real, or not? Bottom line is that you can't.
 Walts
Msg: 72
Posted: 11/3/2010 5:21:05 PM

I think what you are saying, is that if we had more similar backgrounds among daters, it would be easier to have enduring relationships.

No. Actually what he is saying is that if you don't "follow" like all the rest of the non-thinking sheeple, not only can you not "connect" but you're going to hell in a hand basket. It's a chicken shiat way of "scaring" people,,,,or as "they" say,,,putting the fear of God in ya.
Hell, as far as I can figure, the big bad "diversity" he says is out there could also include the colour of our skin, the type of "belief" we EACH have, how we cook our food,etc.
Can ya see what he is saying,,,,,yet?????? I finally got it, about a minute after my third post last night when the spewing started.
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 73
Posted: 11/3/2010 10:46:08 PM
Truth be told? I think what we have here is a nice guy thread written from the viewpoint of a sexed out bornagain Aspie.

verygreeneyez
Msg: 75
Posted: 11/4/2010 8:34:32 AM

I am wondering if: the connection just seems unattainable to men since society makes it hard for them to find someone with similiar views, outlooks, beliefs and interests, so they default to the next greatest pleasure communicated by a higher libido. Women are able to not lose hope on connection because they don't have the libido to replace the fantasy.

When did it become so wretchedly difficult for men to find women with similar views/outlooks/beliefs and interests as their own? Isn't that the first step in meeting/dating at least to a certain degree? (No need to answer, hypothetical.)

If I'm right, if it's difficult to achieve a connection with diversity of lifestyles/beliefs making people dissimilar, men wouldn't even conceptualize of a connection when he can achieve one through sexual means.

People with diverse backgrounds can still share a plethora of commonalities.

This diversity of lifestyle/beliefs is the culprit.

There is no culprit.

Didn't Jesus say "narrow" is the way which leadeth to life?

I have this urge to type a reallllly bad birth-canal joke here ~ but I digress.

Perhaps taking into account that the Bible is merely a collection of stories written by man and re-written by man many times over, it makes sense the "biblical society" is narrow in thought/written word. That's why some religions have a preferred book. So like-minds can have a universal ideology.

Go ahead and delete this post because it has religious overtones, or simply address it if it is incorrect so we can move forward with a better understanding.

Interesting. You blame diversity for the complications between men and women, yet it's really that you are side-lining that the real issue is religious diversity. Hmmmm.
 ladyc4
Msg: 78
Posted: 11/4/2010 2:14:50 PM
Men don't just think with their penis. They just like for their penis to not be ignored and as soon as women start realizing that,

I think most women would be more apt to acknowledge the penis early in the "getting to know each other" process, if it wasn't for the tendency to take acknowledgement as the cue to strive mightily to be the center of attention in a one-man show.

The women are offered everything in exchange

Huh? Sounds to me like a lot of guys using dating sites don't even want to buy the woman a cup of coffee! Free weiner rides aren't exactly "everything",kids. Not promoting gold-digging, simply questioning just where the hell are these men who are supposedly offering women "everything" in exchange for not ignoring his penis.
And what exactly constitutes "not ignored"? A smile and a friendly wave? A curtsey? Are we supposed to put our right hand over our hearts and pledge allegiance? Ending an email to a guy with "give my love to your folks, your dog,your penis..."?
As for connection and men's sexual drive, I wonder is the OP somehow seeking permission to drop all pretense of caring about what's between a womans' ears, and just go ahead and follow what may seem to be a common trend toward paying attention only to what's between her legs?
Ideally, both men and women connect on however many levels they find acceptable AND exercise their sex drive. Apparently our dear OP is having some sort of trouble wrapping his head around that and making it happen(it's NOT always easy!) so he has retreated to the Old Testament where SOME women were honored and respectd but mostly they were just chattel?
Cindy O
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > about 'connection' and men's sexual drive