Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  > Bill Phillips Transformation: The Mindset You Need. The Body You Want      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 VacationGuy234
Msg: 1
Bill Phillips Transformation: The Mindset You Need. The Body You Want...Page 1 of 1    
Has anyone out there read Bill Phillips new book, Transformation: The Mindset You Need. The Body You Want. The Life You Deserve? Do you have an opinion of it?

I enjoyed his first book, Body for Life and his Eating for Life book. I got good results from those plans and now do a similar routine without using the protein shakes. However, this book seems to go into more of a spirituality aspect of a healthy life and I'm a little concerned as to health being pushed by this angle. It seems to give it almost a cult like aura and, in fact, followers seem to be showing cult like responses to people who criticize the book so it has gotten me wondering. I know every angle on health pushes some agenda and in every good story there is fact and fiction, but his main health regime does work. I just wonder if he is starting to push a cult like agenda which would not be healthy as free thought should never be suppressed, everything should be questioned.
 FrankNStein902
Msg: 2
Bill Phillips Transformation: The Mindset You Need. The Body You Want...
Posted: 11/3/2010 2:14:27 PM

...However, this book seems to go into more of a spirituality aspect of a healthy life and I'm a little concerned as to health being pushed by this angle. It seems to give it almost a cult like aura and, in fact, followers seem to be showing cult like responses to people who criticize the book so it has gotten me wondering....

I have not read the book, but I will say that a healthy body is not possible without a healthy mindset.
 VacationGuy234
Msg: 3
Bill Phillips Transformation: The Mindset You Need. The Body You Want...
Posted: 11/3/2010 4:47:51 PM
After having read more about it, I definitely can't recommend it at this point. It seems like they want to lock you in to join this community which cost money per month and apparently once you get in you can never get out. Your profile is never deleted and they try to get you to confess, "sin" to some mentor or something.

It appears there are a lot of Body for Life people who disagree with it and a few who have joined and been disillusioned by it.

It's too bad. The first couple of health books he had were really good.
Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  > Bill Phillips Transformation: The Mindset You Need. The Body You Want...