Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  > 'Tis the season and all that rot... *hic*      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Lint Spotter
Msg: 1
view profile
History
'Tis the season and all that rot... *hic* Page 1 of 1    
I'll admit it, I like to drink. I like finding new and interesting drinks to make for company, as well as imbibing whilst watching television, reading a novel or pretty much anything. Lately in the evening after dinner, I've gotten in the habit of spiking my hot chocolate with banana Bacardi and topping with whipped cream and a little shaved chocolate... takes the chill off these northern nights.

Any other good drink recipes that anyone has to share?

Cheers!
 Molly Maude
Msg: 2
view profile
History
'Tis the season and all that rot... *hic*
Posted: 11/13/2010 12:22:46 PM
evenings, I enjoy spiking my decaf coffee with CHOCOLATE ... yum ... and peppermint schnapps! I love the taste of chocolate and peppermint ... the coffee is just there ... well, to hold it all together, I guess! adding whipped cream is a little too decadent for an evening alone ... maybe if a friend's over ... the chocolate curls would be a DELIGHTFUL touch ...

I usually serve my chocolate peppermint coffee with a peppermint candy cane for stirring ... while that's not much of a "recipe" ... ... yum!

Lint Spotter
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 11/14/2010 9:21:34 AM
Molly Maude, that sounds fantastic. I'm not sure if I would toss it into coffee since I normally prefer my coffee to be straight, but adding peppermint schnapps to cocoa sounds beyond delightful... I hadn't thought of that.

Sweetness... Yes, posting in this thread makes you a hooch-lover. No two ways about it. If I can't find that Nellie and Joe's Key West Lime Juice, I'll expect some as a Christmas gift.

Ruby... with the wonderful wines of your region, I'm surprised you drink anything else... pleasantly so! That drink sounds delightful. I'm going to make sure I have the stuff for our first snowstorm and warm up with that after shovelling. Oh, and I'm jealous - I have another good friend down there and she mentioned that she wore shorts the other day since summer is in the air. I snicker a little when she comes back here for a visit and can barely stand a cool breeze from the climate shock... hehehe

Sowrite... I'm presuming this is served chilled in a martini glass type thing? Sounds delightful as well.

I think I'll make one of my cocoa drinks now... I have a tea to go to this afternoon and I see no reason why I should sit through it completely sober...
 Lint Spotter
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 11/17/2010 3:14:33 AM

Well, God gave us two hands, didn't he?
That he did Ruby, that he did...

The cider and spiced rum sounds delightful, I believe I'll try that tonight after dinner.

I like strawberry pie... a lot! For that recipe I think I'll also get myself one of those bowls with a straw on the side. How often do I have to replace the mini wheats?
 MsMicki
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 11/18/2010 9:29:14 PM
Apple Pie

2 cups Apple Cider
1 can frozen Apple Concentrate
1/2 cup sugar
3 Cinnamon sticks

bring to a boil
add 1 cup Everclear
Remove cinnamon sticks and enjoy!

Warning: May cause you to dance naked in your living room to old 3 Dog Night albums!
Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  > 'Tis the season and all that rot... *hic*