Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Losing interest after telling them what I do for a living.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 4
Losing interest after telling them what I do for a living.Page 1 of 1    
OP- who knows what happened?

she seems to have pulled back for some reason.

could be because of your "profession"
could be because a million different things.

an ex could have come back into the picture.
a guy she was more interested could have panned out...

could be anything.

we don't know.

what we do know is- that you have called her and she has not returned your call.

call her again in a week.

leave a voice mail.

then never call her again.
 StarshipNarrator
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Losing interest after telling them what I do for a living.
Posted: 11/14/2010 4:48:30 PM
Did she abruptly leave with some random excuse as soon as you revealed your job? If so, stop caring and move along. If not, calm down but don't cling to the thought of her returning either.

Another thing to consider is if she kept pressing you on the subject of your job. It's one thing to innocently bring it up and another to try to figure out all your bank account information.
 VacationGuy234
Msg: 6
Posted: 11/14/2010 5:09:19 PM
Dude, your presentation is off, you can't hit them with the heavy stuff first. You need to rephrase, "I work in a storage facility and I also do some acting". This should elicit a question about the acting which you should expound on.

So much is lost in language, we can only hope that us mortals can recover from it..
 Worbug
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 11/15/2010 4:02:58 AM
Why worry about her reason, the end result is, she is not interested. What would you do if you actually knew? Change to appease her? Who cares.

Sometime knowing where NOT to look can be more important as where to look. Once you know where not to look, no more energy,time, emotion, etc is wasted.
 Wise_Monk
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 11/15/2010 8:42:15 AM
It's unfortunate that there are people like this, but it's a reality. It's hard to say if the woman of subject is this way, as a 2 day absence can be for any number of reasons. But if it's what you think it is, like others have said, you've dodged a bullet. It's better to know it now than for you to have invested a lot of your time and emotions into it.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Losing interest after telling them what I do for a living.