Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Creative/Writing  > Wonderfreakingful great quote      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 wayfarer4you
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Wonderfreakingful great quotePage 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
my grandfather told me this way back in the day " son you better get on with the live'n or just get on with the dieing cause you don't ever get out alive "
 junipermoon
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Wonderfreakingful great quote
Posted: 5/5/2011 5:54:54 PM
some minds are made of blotting-paper: you can write nothing on them distinctly. they swallow the ink, and you find a large spot. ~augustus william hare and julius charles hare, guesses at truth, by two brothers, 1827
 professorjjd
Msg: 9
Posted: 5/21/2011 5:33:45 AM
" Some minds are like concrete, all mixed up and permanently set" Hehe, thats me!
 professorjjd
Msg: 20
Posted: 9/4/2011 7:20:26 PM
Sometimes a majority vote simply means that all the fools are on the same side! By: ME!
 professorjjd
Msg: 21
Posted: 9/5/2011 5:30:36 PM
Sooner or later, the snake eats its own tail! This "democracy" WILL collapse, not by force, but by economics! Sooner or later, we will not be able to borrow more money, and the usa has stopped producing.. We are no longer a self generating society, but a society of consumers, comsuming, NOT producing! Collapse is inevitable!
 professorjjd
Msg: 22
Posted: 9/8/2011 1:48:48 AM
I am fully a believer in existentialism! As far as I know, the only thing I can be sure of is my own consciousness, thats it! I've never felt sympathy for other human beings for some reason. I'm generous, but ONLY to animals! You are right, we are pretty useless as a species. I wonder what the end result of mankind will actually be? Will we make ourselves obsolete with the advent of truly advanced technology? I wonder... The only thing I believe i'm "supposed" to do is be true to my own self! To enjoy the little moments while they are there to enjoy! A good roller coaster ride, great coffee, ice cream, a cheap call girl! The little pleasure are all there is to live for as far as I'm concerned! Thats the ONLY point of being here that I've figured out!
 professorjjd
Msg: 23
Posted: 9/8/2011 4:39:47 PM
Actually, tyler durden is NOT a writer, but a figment of edward nortons imagination in "fight club".. "Only when you lose everything, are you free to do anything"! Much better quote from tyler durden here..Good philosophy
 PosterChild4Ugly
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 3/24/2012 9:22:55 AM
Mans’ conjured malfeasance, can only take root when irrigated by impotent complacency – j. hogan clark
 PosterChild4Ugly
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 3/24/2012 9:23:55 AM
"Forgiveness is: The perfume a flower leaves on the shoe that crushed it" - unknown
Show ALL Forums  > Creative/Writing  > Wonderfreakingful great quote