Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > friend is just a weird dude, paranoid, asks questions      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 lostcause321
Msg: 1
view profile
History
friend is just a weird dude, paranoid, asks questionsPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
I have this 22 year old friend. He smokes alot of weed, and he is always questioning everything. Why do we do this, why do we do that, what is the point of everything? Some times it gets on my nerves, and I wonder if there is something wrong with him. I think he gets paranoid and sometimes he gets very irritated and angry and wants to be alone for long periods of time, then he comes out of it and calls me and acts like nothings wrong. I want to help him but I dont know how. Once in loss vegas he woke up after being very drunk and accused all of us (his friends) of RAPING HIM!!! And then he went home and said he thought he might have aids and he wont talk to anyone cuz he thinks we took advanatage of him, which is completely nuts. What is the deal, is he skitzo?
he seems really shy around woman,and seems to have strange ideas like woman dont really enjoy sex, and he loses all his friends, hes a good looking guhy but woman say they think hes werid. I dunno what to do for him.
 TravelingLight
Msg: 2
friend is just a weird dude, paranoid, asks questions
Posted: 11/19/2010 1:29:46 AM
Uhhm interesting subject but it's about a friend? And this is a relationships forum.

You should have put it in the 'off topic' forum. Or you run the risk of people voting your thread to be deleted (someone already started the process), or the mods moving it -or deleting it- themselves. Or if you're lucky, people will keep replying.
I didn't vote against your thread, FTR. Just telling you how it goes here...

He does seem weird by the way. Needs therapy quick, he's losing his mind a bit.
 ChillinChill
Msg: 3
Posted: 11/19/2010 3:15:09 AM
People have relationships with friends.

This man sounds to complex for you to try to understand or help. Sometimes we have to resign ourselves that although we are truly someones friend we are not capable of helping them.

My only suggestion would be to try to guide him to seek professional help.
 Walts
Msg: 4
Posted: 11/19/2010 4:19:29 AM
"Weird" to some,,,maybe "normal" to others.

Though, your "examples" of his actions are a little "different",doesn't mean a whole lot to anyone here,,,,even if we were doctors. If you are really worried about him, (and actually a close friend), try to use your words to get him to go see someone to talk to. But,,,,,I will warn ya. If you try and use the same tactics and wording that you used here,,,,,forget about it!!!! Throw your "judgements" out the window before you start your conversation with him. The mind,,,,especially an active one is not so easy for some to try and sort out. Sometimes those on the outside looking in,,,,are NOT suppose to understand.
 TDH49
Msg: 5
Posted: 11/19/2010 4:34:01 AM
"weird" to some,,, maybe " Normal" to others

Sounds like you friend might need to see a doctor, who will then direct him to a therapist of some kind. He may need medication to help him cope in certain situations.
 TerrieLynnC
Msg: 6
Posted: 11/19/2010 5:07:56 AM
Obviously this is in posted in the wrong forum!

DUDE your "friend"(if that is really the case) is smoking too much weed and it has irreversibly killed his brain cells. You can't help him unless he admits there is a problem and wants to get help for it.

Have you ever watched INTERVENTION on A&E?
Your best bet is to cut ties with this person until he gets the help he needs. I know this is your "friend" but you have to decide if you want to keep going through what your going through with this "friend"
 UglyFroggieCritter
Msg: 7
Posted: 11/19/2010 5:14:34 AM
Meh, he started the same thread in the Science/Philosophy forum as well.
 Blu_Angie
Msg: 8
Posted: 11/19/2010 9:21:05 AM
"Weed" can cause paranoia! It can also drastically change a person's perspectives, personality, and make them confused and forgetful.

I laugh at people who think "Weed" is harmless!
 scottey63
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 11/19/2010 10:19:49 AM
Please don't use words like "schizo" if you don't know how to spell them.
 RushLuv
Msg: 10
Posted: 11/19/2010 10:58:48 AM

He needs to slow down on the weed - it's (probably) the main reason for the paranoia

Yup. This is what weed did to me when I use to smoke it. One minute I was laughing, the next minute I was paranoid like a mutha.

OP,

How exactly are you trying to help your friend?
 scorpiomover
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 11/19/2010 11:37:43 AM
It could be that the weed is making him paranoid. Too much weed can do that. So it's a good idea for him to cut down on the weed.

But it also could be that he's got mental health problems, and he's using the weed to self-medicate. Lots of people who develop mental illness, generally start showing clear symptoms that makes them aware they have issues, in their early twenties. So he's about the right age. Also, lots of people who develop mental illness first start taking lots of drink or drugs to deal with their problems, before they know that what they are dealing with is mental illness. So he's exhibiting classic behaviour of mental illness. Finally, schizophrenia occurs in 1 in 200 people, and in a country like the USA, that works out to be 1.5 million people! Even depression hits 1 in 4 people, and that's 75 million Americans! So mental illness is a lot more common than people realise.

Given his weird ideas, and unreasonable paranoias, I'd suggest that you also suggest for him to see a counsellor, just to talk through his problems with a someone who will be confidential about them, so that if he does have mental illness, she'll be able to spot it, and help him get the help he needs.

He may not have mental illness, though. He may just be going through a weird time, as many people go through a weird time figuring themselves out in their twenties. Try to remember that.
 Walts
Msg: 12
Posted: 11/19/2010 3:30:56 PM

"Weed" can cause paranoia! It can also drastically change a person's perspectives, personality, and make them confused and forgetful.

I laugh at people who think "Weed" is harmless!

I laugh at people who don't know what the word "can" mean. Yes,,,using "weed"(giggling here cause I quit using that word when I was 18). Yes it's possible can change a person's "perspective, personality and make them confused and forgetful(short term). It's also "possible" none of this happens.

It's hard to tell what the OP's friend's "problem(s)" are,,,,cause not anywhere near enough info given. Like,,,,what does the OP define as "a lot". Cause there are a lot of differences in that definition. Think how people define drinkers and their consumption. A non drinker will say drinking a beer everyday is "a lot", when us good old Irish, think that one beer is a good start to the day. Ya see what I mean????

Okay gotta get,,,,it is Friday.
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 13
Posted: 11/19/2010 4:17:21 PM
If you can cut off his weed supply for 3 months
he'll get back to what's reasonably normal for him.

short of that just don't humor him.

If he acts weird, check him on it.
If he acts like a jerk, tell him.
If there's hope, he'll see the light and move towards it.
If not, atleast you don't have to put up with it.

good luck.
 HORSEFLY1234
Msg: 14
Posted: 11/19/2010 4:20:50 PM
People has relationships with weed. There's your answer!
 ***Tee***
Msg: 15
Posted: 11/19/2010 5:13:50 PM

Weed" can cause paranoia! It can also drastically change a person's perspectives, personality, and make them confused and forgetful.

Sometimes its the other way around....Some people escape their thoughts, visions or anxiety with drugs or alcohol.

My only suggestion would be to try to guide him to seek professional help.

Best advice.
 AintNoDeal
Msg: 16
Posted: 11/19/2010 11:25:12 PM
Your friend is justified in feeling paranoid. He asks a few questions, and his so-called friends let him drink until he passes out. They think he's nuts and want to change his behavior, perhaps even brainwash him into behaving differently.

His friends are out to get him - OP has admitted it! All you can do is wish him luck and say goodbye. His issues are not ones you can sort out. If he thinks his friends are his foes, then whatever you do will be misunderstood.

The only think left for you is self preservation. Let him go and keep your distance...or you might wake up some morning in loss vegas crying gang rape....
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 17
Posted: 11/21/2010 10:36:55 AM

is he skitzo?

Well could have some dain bamage depending on what that WEED is laced with..
add into that any other under LIEING issues.

One toke over the line sweet Jesus
 Steveo480
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 11/21/2010 11:17:47 AM
Sounds like he has mental issues and i dont think the weed has anything to do with it
. If hes paranoid stoned Im sure he is when hes not. Its has to do with the kind of person you and your mental state and with his mental state he should get some counseling or checked into a hospital and quit over indulging in smoking and drinking.
 letsgocanes11
Msg: 19
Posted: 11/21/2010 11:40:40 AM
Smoking weed has nothing to do with how this kid acts. He is just messed up. Plain and simple.
 JRodriguez81
Msg: 20
Posted: 11/23/2010 10:28:16 PM
Ive known MANY people that smoke ALOT of pot, and they maintain healthy active normal lives, and are fine upstanding individuals. Your friend was a WIERDO before he started smoking tons of pot.

I truly truly laugh at people suffering from the "reefer madness" mentality. As if big bad pot is going to make people craaaaaaazy.
 SpecificTruths
Msg: 21
Posted: 11/24/2010 11:11:06 AM
Big, bad pot is going to ruin America and have major social consequences!

Ladies and gents, if you smoke weed, you end up like OP's friend. It really is that black and white.

So, OP, what's your buddy's dealer's phone number? PM me if you don't want to share. I'd like to call him and tell him/her... never mind
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > friend is just a weird dude, paranoid, asks questions