Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > California  > Section 8...anyone with experience?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sd_matt
Msg: 1
Section 8...anyone with experience?Page 1 of 1    
I want to help a friend who is a single parent and is going to college. I am also looking to buy a duplex. I would be a bit skeptical of Section 8 renters but I trust this person. I would like to get this person on the list and if I buy a multi family property, have her as a tenant.

Does one have to wait for years on the list or is there some loophole to get that particular person in?
 fzrhusker
Msg: 2
Section 8...anyone with experience?
Posted: 12/17/2010 1:01:24 PM
Well I will give you one caveat, as someone who spent years in the security industry advising large scale property owners on security. If properties had sec 8 we would charge them 20% more and we would call the last company to see why they gave up the contract. I won't say all tenants of section 8 are bad but you better do some through checking on their back grounds and any one who visits or stays one an extended basis. Look for a grandma that needs a place to live and gets section 8. CYA
 sd_matt
Msg: 3
Posted: 12/17/2010 10:15:49 PM
I would want to do it but with one particular tenant. I know this one person would qualify for Section 8 but I also know that the waiting list is years. I was hoping that there was some way to choose that particular person.
 fzrhusker
Msg: 4
Posted: 12/18/2010 12:42:53 PM
You would have to wait until the person is approved to section 8, then have the person tell them she has found a place that will accept it. then you would have to do all the paperwork. The funny thing is in my local neighborhood, foreclosed home are being bought by the city and being turned into sec 8. There are 3 right across the street from me.

This just stinks of the Obama plan and Roosevelt's 2nd bill of rights, where everyone has the right to a home. I wonder how many Freddie and Fannie foreclosed owned homes around the country are being turned into sec 8.

http://www.freddiemac.com/multifamily/overview_section8.html
 sd_matt
Msg: 5
Posted: 12/21/2010 12:32:30 AM
Sounds like it might work then.
I don't feel that all deserve it but this one yes. Sometimes there are individuals that the system does indeed owe something to.

So are you saying that approval is getting on the waiting list or that that is something else?
 sd_matt
Msg: 6
Posted: 12/23/2010 10:14:55 PM
Thanks guys......................................................................................................................................
Show ALL Forums  > California  > Section 8...anyone with experience?