Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Why are deleted profiles still showing up?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 UglyFroggieCritter
Msg: 6
Why are deleted profiles still showing up?Page 1 of 1    
I noticed this before and made a mental note that if and when I were to delete my profile, I'd erase my "About Me" first.

As for someone starting a new profile with the same username, not possible. I'm not sure what the time frame is, but it's obviously some particular length of time.
 Butterfly~Effect
Msg: 9
Why are deleted profiles still showing up?
Posted: 1/10/2011 8:36:05 PM
I saw this thread and thought I would try it out...my old profile which was deleted in 2008 did show up as well.

Funny thing is ....when I rejoined the site, I had briefly thought of using my old name and thought I would seek it out to see if I could. I found it... but a man had taken my user name over already .

Anyway, I thought it was odd that the deleted profile showing was mine....even though the actual user name had been used again afterwards. *shrug*

No big deal to me personally.... but it is odd that this would occur. Unless, he was deleted for whatever reason...so it reverted back to the original user.
 lovein2012
Msg: 13
Posted: 1/25/2011 7:01:56 PM
i really want to delete the profile i had under my last username, when i search it in google, it still shows up, is there anyone can help me?
 Nickel76541
Msg: 14
Posted: 1/2/2017 10:29:50 AM
Question when a pof profile is deleted if you go to search it on bing or google will link still show up to your profile still but bring you to the main site? Or if you hide your profile and do search on google or bing will the link show up and when clicked on will it just bring you to the main page to ie login? I was just wondering.
 treadwaya22
Msg: 15
Posted: 5/8/2017 11:28:13 AM
I have a question. Someone made a fake profile in my boyfriends name and we asked to have it removed and when you search the user name on Google it still shows up but when you click on it, it takes you to the log in page. What does that mean ?
 JojoMcBryant
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 9/5/2017 6:44:38 PM
If someone deleted there account why does it still shows as user on line now? This guy I'm seeing deleted his account but it said; deleted user but still on line? I don't get it
 wenwhen
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 5/4/2019 7:21:24 AM
Had created an account at least 8 years ago and found pretty much the same trash, fake profiles, photos, scammers then as I do now. I deleted the account with the photo. Thought maybe after 8 years POF would have taken liability for their site, which, they have not, and found when searching for my new profile, the new photo does not show up, but the photo I had of me from 8 years ago does. When clicking on that old photo, it leads to my new account created within 2019. Looking up user names for profiles stated to be on Plenty of Fish are not on their site as existing. Instead, when searching these usernames, multiple photos of different people appear as being connected to the same username and are NOT different accounts, but the same one showing up first in Plenty of Fish.
This site falsely claims they are the largest singles dating site, which, can be proven to be false.
The site POF is POS.
 wenwhen
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 5/4/2019 7:22:48 AM
Plenty of fish claims they are the largest dating site. However, the fake profiles are the reason the numbers are as high as they are.
 Va-Va-Voom
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2019 6:42:34 PM
Think its really a case of biggest isn't always best.
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Why are deleted profiles still showing up?