Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Can women REALLY get laid whenever they want?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 RushLuv
Msg: 2
Can women REALLY get laid whenever they want?Page 1 of 44    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
People who are sexually inactive (not by choice) tend to feel that way. Speaking for myself, sex is easy to come across.

As for being picky, I'm picky as well when it comes down to partners. I can't sleep with just anyone. However, I could start sleeping with a number of men if I wanted to.
 Revilors
Msg: 3
Can women REALLY get laid whenever they want?
Posted: 1/7/2011 5:29:44 PM
Here's the thing...as I see it...and could be wrong and not speaking for every male and certainly not for any females.

Almost everyone is physically attractive to some from their sexual counterpart. For a simpler way of putting it...."doable". Male or female. And...even if they are physically attractive to them...they still may not "fit the bill" in terms personality or any number of other factors we seek in a mate.

What...I think...sets us males apart (slightly) from females...is our willingness to engage in "recreation" with full knowledge that it couldn't possibly be anything more than just recreation. I think you would find, if you were properly funded for scientific study, that men are more likely to agree to things like fwb or fb than are women. I think you would also find that a guy's standard for a "sex only" engagement wanders farther from their standard for a relationship than those of a woman.

In other words...for a guy...if you need to be a 7 or higher physically (individual rating for purpose of elaboration only) for a relationship...you only need to be a 5 or above for sex. Whereas...with women...you still need to be a 7.

if a woman wants sex she should just “stop being picky”

In those terms as I've described...I think women are more "picky" when it come to getting laid.

So...share the wealth...and do a 5 once in a while.
 RushLuv
Msg: 4
Posted: 1/7/2011 5:44:14 PM

so u r saying people who r constantly getting it don't have to ask

Asking for sex? I would think that if the feeling is mutual between two adults, and the body language is there, "asking" would be moot.

how do you become one of those constantly getting it folks?

Just watch Dave Chappelle, he seems to be good at that "skill."
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 5
Posted: 1/7/2011 5:59:40 PM
I think people of both sexes can get laid whenever they want - it's just a matter of what they'll do to get it.

Some may have to pay for it, or sleep with someone they aren't attracted to, or put themselves out there and step off the wall, but ultimately the result is the same if getting laid itself is the main goal. Usually that's never the whole story.

Perhaps what these people mean to say is "you have more to choose from than I do" or "you don't have to work for it" or "people want you for who you are and you don't have to bargain with what you have"....
 Revilors
Msg: 6
Posted: 1/7/2011 6:05:10 PM

There are a lot of situations that can preclude a woman getting laid when she wants...
Sometimes it's looks, or she's coming across too easy... or sometimes it's a weird vibe... (turned one girl down at a party, so she boinked my buddy after I left... He thought I'd done her too... Couple of weeks later, he asked me if I got her STD too... hahaha )
A few times, I've seen women leave the bar with a guy the night before... No, not touching her... sometimes, when you're a regular, you see the girls who leave with different guys far too frequently... Likewise, not going there either...
One girl, told me as we sat in a bar, (she was 19, and I was about 22... ) that she'd already been with almost 150 guys... Nope, lost interest there too...

These are all amusing anecdotes...Church...and certainly explains why YOU didn't sleep with them

But...It sounds like these women wanted to get laid and pretty much did......almost whenever (if not with whomever) they wanted.
 Capitano_Blaugh
Msg: 7
Posted: 1/7/2011 6:09:56 PM

I can't believe someone over the age of 14 has to ask a question like this...

.. shit, here's the formula:

- find guy, say, "Hi"
- add alcohol
- get boinked

... smiple, really.

WaywardWynde
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 1/7/2011 6:11:09 PM
Except for the truly fugly and/or obese and/or socially inept, ANYONE can get laid ...

... as long as ...

... they are merely willing to accept what is offered to them.

But, you see, most everyone (man or woman) wants someone better looking -- on a 0 to 10 scale -- than they are. A 3 wants a 5, who wants a 7, who wants a 9, who wants a 10 ... and precious few 10's exist. *IF* a 5 would take a 3, s/he'd get laid. But, noooooooo .....

When a 5 guy tells a 7 woman that "she can get laid anytime she wants" he means HE would lay her anytime she wants. When a 7 guy tells a 3 women "she can get laid anytime she wants", he MEANS some 5 (but not him) guy SHOULD be available to her BECAUSE no 7+ woman wants a 5 or less guy.

Except for the truly rock bottom extreme cases, everyone has someone who is less good looking then they are who would be GLAD to lay them.

People want the fruit on the tree which is higher than they themselves are on the tree. If people are willing to pick the fruit at waist to knee level, they get a grateful piece of fruit.
 Revilors
Msg: 9
Posted: 1/7/2011 6:16:28 PM

People want the fruit on the tree which is higher than they themselves are on the tree. If people are willing to pick the fruit at waist to knee level, they get a grateful piece of fruit.

Except grapefruit. I fvcken' hate grapefruit!

I don't care how high up on the tree it is.
 good_catch77
Msg: 10
Posted: 1/7/2011 6:18:16 PM
I'm in belief that both genders can, and would if the want was there, get laid anytime they want...now I do agree that men are more likely to have one night stands or fwb & fb than women...Some men just don't care as long as they are getting laid.

Another question of this OP is that are a woman's standards "too high" when it comes to sex much less a relationship. The bitterness of being single wants to say yes, but my common sense tells me no...Women have standards no higher/lower than most men. Would I want someone to lower her standards for ME? Heck no, I want someone that wants me for me not just to have, to make a girl friend or parent happy.

Plus one of most males double standards is the a guy can have sex with 10 women and be a hero but if a woman sleeps with 10 men she is a slut. That is common knowledge by most men and women. Sad but true. So keeping that double standard in mind that could be another reason women don't "sleep around" because when they are ready for a s/o they don't want that "skeleton in the closet" Just a thought
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 11
Posted: 1/7/2011 6:26:31 PM
I agree that both sexes have this option.
No matter how unattractive and ugly a person is,
there is someone even more unattractive, uglier...
and very willing.

The problem for us guys though,
is whereas you girls can just close your eyes to the ugly
and sortof lay there comatose if need be.

We have to see what we're doing and
a very bad ugly can cause us to shrink in horror.

So not exactly the same.
:-P
 UglyFroggieCritter
Msg: 12
Posted: 1/7/2011 6:31:41 PM

We have to see what we're doing and
a very bad ugly can cause us to shrink in horror.

What, guys can't close their eyes while doing it? Weird :)

Anybody and everybody has the opportunity to get laid whenever they chose to. All they have to do is have no standards and find someone who feels the same.

Be like throwing rocks at a forest and hitting a tree. Unless your aim's way way way way way bad.
 shakeitupbaby2012
Msg: 13
Posted: 1/7/2011 6:57:21 PM
MrF- true that women can exercise veto power, but a guy has to offer first ( in regard to a relationship);)
And a woman doesn't have to advertise. It's offered, even thrown at us, constantly.

I agree. Women can have sex whenever they want it. Sex is one thing that's always in demand. Supply and demand- basic economics. :P
 kari135
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 1/7/2011 7:03:57 PM
It also depends a lot on where you live. I could have sex if I wanted some cougar bait young enough to be my grandchildren - they've assured me they know how to be discreet and would be willing to park down the block so my neighbors wouldn't know... Since I own the whole block, and the whole neighborhood is full of dogs that bark at anyone walking, there's no way to be discreet. I'm also not interested in whatever diseases they probably have. **shrug**

But yes, in a city/urban area, it would be a lot easier.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 15
Posted: 1/7/2011 7:06:55 PM
I have heard men say the same.

I agree with other who said it is a problem getting laid, but finding someone who is deemed layable.

Even at my great age, sex is not hard to come by. I can't speak for all women.
 Walts
Msg: 16
Posted: 1/7/2011 7:16:52 PM
You also must ask,,,do you actually want the lay to be "good". Or is it really "getting laid" that we want,,,,cause I'm betting it isn't. I know I have had some awful eventful nights which never included the thought of intercourse, and we all slept happily ever.

"Getting laid" is boring. Both sexes can find boring. It's all around us. It also helps if you know how to put a blindfold on yourself. And yep,then, no prob for either sex. It ain't rocket science.
 english lass
Msg: 17
Posted: 1/7/2011 8:02:18 PM
If the bloke is drunk enough, I guess...otherwise surely rules of at least rudimentary attraction would still prevail
 forums1
Msg: 18
Posted: 1/7/2011 8:08:42 PM

This is something I have heard from a number of guys, usually occurs during a whining session, where one or both of us is complaining about sex and how we’re not getting any. When I try to commiserate with my sexually frustrated male pal, he will typically respond like this: “But you don’t understand. You’re a girl; you can get laid whenever you want.” This assumption, is flawed.

Try this OP... when the guy is there with "one or both of us" complaining about how you're not getting any... mention you might be open to sex with him. See what his response is. Now if he asked you... what would your answer be?

You might find your answer that way.
Posted: 1/7/2011 8:36:42 PM
Here's a scientific study: Put 50 guys and 50 women in a room....I'd be willing to wager there would be many, many more guys willing than the women.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 21
Posted: 1/7/2011 8:48:53 PM

Compare what women have to do compared to what men have to do.

Irrelevant so long as the results in the end are the same. If the prize is what counts, then the end justifies the means, which then makes no difference. It does make my point though, that the issue here isn't how available sex is, but the number of hoops some need to jump in order to get it.

Here's a scientific study: Put 50 guys and 50 women in a room....I'd be willing to wager there would be many, many more guys willing than the women.

We don't live our lives in a room, so this is a great theory but also irrelevant. Sure, men may have to do more, prove themselves more, pay more but in the end (or want it less, but I digress) if they are willing to do what it takes they'll still get it, which is basically the bottom line.
 Capitano_Blaugh
Msg: 22
Posted: 1/7/2011 9:11:05 PM

It does make my point though, that the issue here isn't how available sex is, but the number of hoops some need to jump in order to get it.

Hoops...

.. yup, a guy can get laid any time he's willing to lay out $100-$200-$300 + for a hooker, once.

Hoops...

.. well, a woman can wear those lovely ear hoops that she can pick up for $2 at WallyWorld and get laid a dozen times.

I think the only time I've ever wanted a vagina rather than a penis is when I'm horny and really want to get laid.

CallmeKen
Msg: 23
Posted: 1/7/2011 9:57:11 PM

Sure, men may have to do more, prove themselves more, pay more but in the end [...] if they are willing to do what it takes they'll still get it

Really? I think many gentlemen on POF would disagree with you. Myself included.

Paying money for sex (directly at least) happens to be illegal in the US (in all but 2-3 counties of Nevada). Wave that kind of money, and if you're unlucky you may find yourself staring at a badge. If you're REALLY unlucky, you may find yourself staring at the barrel of a gun. In both cases, sex is a highly unlikely outcome. Well, unless you count being sodomized by a pimp cane as "sex".

Your argument is also groundless as it has no qualifiers. Yes, if I'm willing to do anything, I could get sex. I could probably go out, buy a handgun, kidnap a woman at gunpoint, duct tape her hands and feet, and serially rape her. If you define sex as merely PIV, I could get sex that way. I'm probably sure I would be facing a lifetime of staring at a set of grey bars as well.

However, if you define sex as a mutually consenting act by two people interested in performing it with each other, then no, guys cannot have sex whenever they want. As I can attest first hand, even marriage does not guarantee that.
 kari135
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 1/7/2011 9:59:24 PM

Compare what women have to do compared to what men have to do.
Women: exist.....good enough. I've talked to a few I've met from online, and they tell me about how not all women get inboxes overflowing with messages. They do clarify what they consider a message---and exclude all the ones from the hole-patrol. I would say even if a woman didn't want to leave the house and go to a bar, she could post a profile on here...no pic, 99 years old, etc and she'd have messages for sex.
Men: Have to convince women they are worthy. Careers, gym, captain of the high school football team, rescues kittens from trees on weekends, etc.
Ladies, do you know how powerful you really are?

Gee, I must have missed class that day or something. Since I raised the age on my mailing preferences, I don't even get the 'wanna f*ck' messages anymore. In fact, the only ones I've ever gotten are answers to ones I've sent, and very damned few of those. Yeah, my inbox is overflowing okay - overflowing with emptiness.
 worknovertime
Msg: 26
Posted: 1/8/2011 2:38:34 AM
Yes... from my experience... women can get laid anytime they want.

The thing about the 'ugly' factor is this: it isn't JUST the exterior ugly that counts.
Men who are nasty, rude, angry, etc. (ugly inside) will be rejected by most women too.
So, expand your statement to:
Most women won't have sex with a guy she thinks is too ugly inside OR out!

Plus... it is very true and for most women to want sex she needs to feel loved.
for most men to want sex he need a place.
totally different worlds.
 DrummingNut
Msg: 28
Posted: 1/8/2011 3:42:57 AM
I knew within one paragraph that particular OP couldn't have written that! Glad the moderator corrected it.

I sat here awhile thinking about the question could I go out and get laid today if that's all I wanted, even here in this small town nothing place?

Yes, I could.
With effort (and being someone I'm not!) I could accomplish that.

But so what?

Whoop-de-do.

I guess studies and such about this subject are important to those that are just looking for a fck?

*shrug*

And what would it prove, if I did that today?
That one can always find a man willing to stick it in anything?
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 29
Posted: 1/8/2011 5:51:34 AM
quote]Hoops...

.. yup, a guy can get laid any time he's willing to lay out $100-$200-$300 + for a hooker, once.
A number of men have argued/complained that they've spent that much getting to know a woman they want to date without seeing sex once.

Really? I think many gentlemen on POF would disagree with you. Myself included.

I'm sure they would. However once again their argument isn't about whether it's possible so much as what effort would have to be put in. I also know some men that get offers for it - and oddly enough don't entertain those offers because those women aren't what they want.

Paying money for sex (directly at least) happens to be illegal in the US (in all but 2-3 counties of Nevada). Wave that kind of money, and if you're unlucky you may find yourself staring at a badge. If you're REALLY unlucky, you may find yourself staring at the barrel of a gun. In both cases, sex is a highly unlikely outcome. Well, unless you count being sodomized by a pimp cane as "sex".

In those counties in Nevada then, you're ok. Fly to Nevada and pay for it. This is my point. Sure it's expensive and takes a lot of time, but it's feasible to do. However I doubt MOST men have so little to work with they'd need to hop a flight to Nevada.

Your argument is also groundless as it has no qualifiers. Yes, if I'm willing to do anything, I could get sex. I could probably go out, buy a handgun, kidnap a woman at gunpoint, duct tape her hands and feet, and serially rape her. If you define sex as merely PIV, I could get sex that way. I'm probably sure I would be facing a lifetime of staring at a set of grey bars as well.

True, I didn't say rape or crime was out of the picture. I'd hope that it wasn't a consideration, but OK - ya got me. Again I doubt the picture of getting laid is THAT bleak.

However, if you define sex as a mutually consenting act by two people interested in performing it with each other, then no, guys cannot have sex whenever they want. As I can attest first hand, even marriage does not guarantee that.

OP said "getting laid" which doesn't guarantee mutual interest or attraction, just consent. All that points to is getting sex for the sake of it (at least where I come from).
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Can women REALLY get laid whenever they want?