Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > How do women feel about big guys, really?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 crystalise
Msg: 2
How do women feel about big guys, really?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Hey James, there are lots of different appeals to different people. Some people like thin, some like short, some like tall....it takes all sorts so try not to take it toohard if you dont appeal to some [ yeh, yeh I know easier said than done sometimes. But you will develope a sense of 'what will be will be if you are happy with yourself]

Personally I dont mind big. I dont mind a few extra pounds or even bigger and I have dated a few. They are just as attractive as anyone else. In fact. I like some beef to hold onto lol - Its attractive in that, big bear kinda security way...you feel safe and snuggly. But you are only young, 21 and at my age if I was to date a bigger kind of guy my only concern would be for his health. But that doesnt mean I wouldnt still date the guy if he was really really nice. Hang in there and some girls will appreciate you for you

Guys can be the same too you know, run for cover if a girl doesnt fit there ideal. Sad to see its a cruel world sometimes, but there ARE nice people out there. I agree with the other post, dont read 'image' magazines, look after yourself and try not to compare. Also keep in mind some people may not be looking the other way because of your size. A lot of people run from relationships or too much dating because they have issues of their own. Its not your problem so stick it out and you will bump into someone nice eventually [ it is, sad to say, a numbers game sometimes - well increases your odds right lol] Just keep being honest....and happy !! with or without someone
 SweetKristine
Msg: 4
How do women feel about big guys, really?
Posted: 7/20/2005 4:54:28 PM
JDL hunny there is nothing wrong with you at all....but like many people have said...people are shallow!...ive gotten i dont know how many emails telling me im a fat cow and i shouldnt be on a dating site...those are the people who make a great place like pof negative...everyone has their personal prefernces in who they chose to date or who they are attracted to...Just hold your head up...continue being the great guy you know you are...and you will find her..or she will find you...i have no doubt...just dont go out looking for love...let it happen..until then your 21 enjoy life and everything it has to offer...good luck to you...im rooting for ya babe!
 Fcukmeplease
Msg: 5
Posted: 7/22/2005 6:44:16 AM
Sexy and warm
 Ticket3
Msg: 6
Posted: 7/22/2005 2:10:13 PM
Relax James, your still young. I know all about it, been a big guy my whole life.
Its all personal preferance dude. You cant take it personally if someone isnt
intersted in you cause your a bigger guy. I know thats easier said then done.

And for the record, there are more woman out there into bigger guys then you
think there are. Seriously.
But here in America girls your age and guys for that matter too
are so influenced by what is in the media and on tv and by there friends.
And the last time i looked i havent seen any bigger people being pushed as sex symbols
or on the cover of people as the sexiest person.
Now not everyone is influenced by others. My late gf was younger then you.
And id like to think that all she saw when she saw me, was just me.

So just be patient, relax and enjoy life. Hell your 21, go out and have a beer tonight
 Indigo1
Msg: 8
Posted: 7/22/2005 7:06:27 PM
Any woman who would do that doesn't deserve a man like yourself! I LOVE big guys, more often then not I reject the little guys! I have always said that I need a man sturdy enough to handle me! Some of those smaller guys I'd be afraid of breaking!
 Celyne
Msg: 11
Posted: 8/10/2005 1:59:32 PM
To me body type is NOT an issue. Hey i'm chubby too lol. It's all about the face to me. They HAVE to have a cute face...if they are pudgy or built it doesn't matter to me!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > How do women feel about big guys, really?