Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Underwear and eyeballs      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 southaustingal
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Underwear and eyeballsPage 1 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Even with all my experiences with on-line dating this one kind of blew me away. I was emailing a man I met on another site who lives in the Houston area. We got to the point where we exchanged phone numbers and talked a couple of times. Anyway, he started sending pictures of himself to my phone. They were standard pictures of him so I had my daughter take one of me at lunch and sent it off on my new smart phone. I figured this was the new way for people to check out that your pictures are recent and you look like you say you do. Then the weirdness started. He sent me a picture of his bare chest, a close up of his eyeball and one in Superman underwear where he was apparently trying to show off his package. It reminded me of my son when he was two running around in his underroos. He texted me and asked what I thought of the pictures and I told him I did not know what to think of pictures of underwear and eyeballs. He called me after that wanting to come up and spend "at least the weekend" with me. I told him I did not operate that way and that I really did not think we were a match. Didn't hear anything else for a couple of weeks and then I got this text about a "long, sensuous, tantalizing full body massage." I ignored it.

Well yesterday the pictures started again. One of his face, one of his chest, one of his biceps and yes (you know it’s coming) one in black silk undies with some "peakage" coming out of the top if you know what I mean. I texted back "Dude lose my number and do not ever contact me again". He called me a loser and I hope that is the end of it.

My question is who thinks it is appropriate to send personal and provocative pictures over a phone to a complete stranger????? Does this happen to others? I know that he was hoping I would respond in kind and while not a prude, cannot see myself sending off pictures of me in my undies to a stranger. I can't understand how anyone would think this would get anything but a negative reaction from someone looking for a relationship but maybe I am behind the curve on this. Am I the one out of date here and has this become the new thing?
 abelian
Msg: 2
Underwear and eyeballs
Posted: 1/21/2011 6:25:12 AM
I don't think your experience is unique. A friend of mine from here has a whole collection of unsolicited photos that guys in various stages of undress have sent her. Just tell guys that if they send those photos, you'll post them to gay dating site along with their phone numbers. That ought to slow them down.
 carolann0308
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Underwear and eyeballs
Posted: 1/21/2011 6:38:25 AM

"long, sensuous, tantalizing full body massage."

Wanna guess what Romeo was up to when he blurted out that phrase? What a dreamboat he must be. Peekage pictures in silk undies LOL
 Cdn_Iceman
Msg: 4
Underwear and eyeballs
Posted: 1/21/2011 6:42:29 AM
No OP, you're not prudish at all, he's just a dumb phuck hoping to get his bobo honked, believe me when I say this you're not the only women he sends those pics to , and Im sure some women jump at the chance to do the horizontal boogie with him.

You're not behind the curve, stick to what you believe in and kick guys like him to the curb.
 cookie22222
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Underwear and eyeballs
Posted: 1/21/2011 6:59:22 AM
ROFLMAO...oh honey welcome to the wonderful world of the internet! You must be REALLY new.

You are lucky he bothered with the underwear. A lot of 'em don't. Usually the ones who have NOTHING to be proud of in my experience.

Seriously, just like going to a bar, you will come across people who are only interest in getting laid...their moves come off a little more crass online though, don't they?

Delete/Block is your friend.
 RushLuv
Msg: 6
Underwear and eyeballs
Posted: 1/21/2011 7:45:58 AM
People have been sending indecent photos to other people's phones for an eternity.

I love abelian's idea. For the next guy that send unsolicited images my way, I think I just might post them on a gay site.
 english lass
Msg: 7
Underwear and eyeballs
Posted: 1/21/2011 7:57:23 AM
yup, a weirdy :)
 femaleconnection
Msg: 8
Underwear and eyeballs
Posted: 1/21/2011 7:59:10 AM
hee hee hee...when I was still dating from here and ended up with one of these guys in my contact list in email, I would save the really 'impressive' pictures and reply back with THAT to the next man who sent me a picture of his junk.

It scared them away. Never heard back. Wonder why? lololol

I would usually ask then in my note how they enjoyed opening an email and seeing the one eyed monster...LOL
 4408joseph
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Underwear and eyeballs
Posted: 1/21/2011 8:05:05 AM

My question is who thinks it is appropriate to send personal and provocative pictures over a phone to a complete stranger????? Does this happen to others?

I learned a few years back, if a woman ask for you cell phone right away like 1st or 2nd email you have a 90% chance of at least zoom in boob shoots. AND if you ignore giving cell number to first request, and bam!! she ask very next email...99.99765% chance of boobs, butt, thong, etc etc etc shots.

I'm pretty sure this information is available in your Internet dating manual "Internet Dating Manual/WTF sup" page 3,614 section C paragraph II

(from my old "good/s dad profile also)

IRONY is if you suggest a date at the NO Tell MOtel after these unsolicted pics you end up getting a raft of WTH's

I love abelian's idea. For the next guy that send unsolicited images my way, I think I just might post them on a gay site.

I would not really suggest that, as where that would be illegal just about everywhere in the USA
 ForRumOnly
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Underwear and eyeballs
Posted: 1/21/2011 8:10:58 AM
Better to be up to my eyeballs in underwear (photos) than up to my underwear in eyeballs (photos)!
 forums1
Msg: 11
Underwear and eyeballs
Posted: 1/21/2011 8:13:13 AM

eyeballs, superman underwear, black silk undies with some peakage coming outo f the top...
creepy, sent them to gay dating sites.

I was thinking the same thing - tell him "I'll get those pics posted for you on 'gaydating.com' for you right away". Might make him think about sending pics again.
 southaustingal
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Underwear and eyeballs
Posted: 1/21/2011 8:16:24 AM
Unfortunately, I have been internet dating for what seems to be way too long but this was my first “sexting” incident. I guess I have been lucky to avoid men like this so far but it was certainly creepy. Not only that, but did nothing from a turn-on standard. I mean superman underwear, really!!!! And yes, thank god there was underwear but I still couldn’t get past the image of my two year old in his underoos saying “look at my weenie”. In fact, I think my son at 2 was more mature then this yahoo.

I know a bunch of men and women participate in this kind of activity but I find it totally odd and can’t understand what they are thinking other than maybe I will get lucky and get laid. But seriously, in your 50’s you can’t come up with anything better than this…..
 UglyFroggieCritter
Msg: 13
Underwear and eyeballs
Posted: 1/21/2011 8:22:28 AM
Best thread title, ever.

As with the other posters, forget this guy. Idiot.

I still love the title, though....
 southaustingal
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Underwear and eyeballs
Posted: 1/21/2011 8:58:16 AM
Actually if a man wanted to get my attention and turn me on he should send me a picture of him fully clothed and cooking or doing dishes or yard work with a great big smile of his face and a twinkle in his eye.......not his eyeball.
 ComplekCity
Msg: 15
Underwear and eyeballs
Posted: 1/21/2011 9:03:49 AM
^^^^^ Thanks for the tip - I'll get working on those photos right away !!!

*army mom*
Msg: 16
Underwear and eyeballs
Posted: 1/21/2011 9:10:29 AM
If we lived in the same area I'd swear we met the same man. I had a very similar experience, only this guy actually did send me a nude picture of himself -- without my request or permission. And then the looooooooong text messages about what he was going to do to me when we got together. Again, with no provocation from me. I have a block feature on my phone, so I ended that pretty quickly.

I've decided that I'm no longer telling anyone that I have text messaging or picture-taking capacity on my phone. That may be the only way to stop this juvenile behavior from middle-aged men.
 Baldy8
Msg: 17
Underwear and eyeballs
Posted: 1/21/2011 9:16:20 AM

I can't understand how anyone would think this would get anything but a negative reaction from someone looking for a relationship but maybe I am behind the curve on this. Am I the one out of date here and has this become the new thing?

You are not behind the curve. He is just a pervert trying to get laid. Stick with your morals. Its good to see some people still have them.
 Revilors
Msg: 18
Underwear and eyeballs
Posted: 1/21/2011 9:54:28 AM

reply back with THAT to the next man who sent me a picture of his junk.

Love this!

I think I'd be inclined to put my mad photoshop skill to use and send him a photo of yourself...with an adam's apple and bigger "package" and caption "mine's bigger"

You could have fun with it...for awhile
 JerseyGirl2008
Msg: 19
Underwear and eyeballs
Posted: 1/21/2011 9:54:54 AM
ROFL..what a complete douche nozzle. Sadly, he wouldn't be the first moron to send unsolicited nude pictures of himself - and he definitely won't be the last.

I'm amazed you let this prize slip through your fingers - especially after he gave you a taste of his really cool Superman underoos. What kind of a mental midget thinks that's hot, anyway?
 U make it entertaining
Msg: 20
Underwear and eyeballs
Posted: 1/21/2011 9:59:24 AM
Ahhhh ...The one eyed trouser snake! "Superman" sized to boot!! lol

I don't give my cell phone number to ANYONE! (Well except my 2 kids and one business partner), so no I have never received a text like that.

However there was a man that emailed me on this site and kept sending me the same photo of him with no shirt one. What a knob! Honestly, what is the purpose of that? Not my cup of tea... so that ended pretty quick. I'm with you southaustingal, I wouldn't mind a photo of a man fully clothed cooking, doing dishes, yardwork and a wonderful smile. Now one with a Hot Chai Latte in his hand ... that may be the best turn on yet!

What blows me away was the fact that he was 50 years old!
OMG .. WTF was he thinking!
Maturity or what?

I would not really suggest that, as where that would be illegal just about everywhere in the USA ... 4408joseph

You really think that this guy would attempt to bring her up on charges?
Wouldn't that be humiliating for him.
Great topic for the front page of the newspaper.
"Man sends photos of himself in Superman Underwear!"

I'd say tell him you're going to do it and let him sweat a while.

Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 21
Underwear and eyeballs
Posted: 1/21/2011 10:28:29 AM
Actually if a man wanted to get my attention and turn me on he should send me a picture of him fully clothed and cooking or doing dishes or yard work with a great big smile of his face and a twinkle in his eye

Southaustingal - I think that your idea should be included in the help section for guys posting photo's. hmmm and the female equivalent for that would be....
 southaustingal
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Underwear and eyeballs
Posted: 1/21/2011 11:16:53 AM
Not sure about the female equivalent. Maybe a football jersey with beer in hand, a cute apron with a home made pie or a little black dress with a sexy pair of high heels. I would think this would be a bigger turn on than boobs and thongs.
 RushLuv
Msg: 23
Underwear and eyeballs
Posted: 1/21/2011 11:33:42 AM

I would not really suggest that, as where that would be illegal just about everywhere in the USA

While they may be true, if the idiot that does it is sending his/her unsolicited photo(s) to a number of cell phones through picture mail, what are the chances of that idiot finding out who did it? It would certainly teach the person a lesson.
 4408joseph
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Underwear and eyeballs
Posted: 1/21/2011 12:19:28 PM
You really think that this guy would attempt to bring her up on charges?
Wouldn't that be humiliating for him.

Only takes one schmuck lawyer because this pic got rebroadcast at a computer at work or whatever, claiming humilation and a multi-million dollar suit.. But it would be the OP spending money to defend herself.

Private images (sent personally/taken personally) have so much more protection then images of public domain.

Look at the lady last week that was texting, fell in the fountain at the mall, got one security guard fired and sueing him and mall, all cause it was posted on the net.

Also the rich parents paying out cause their kid posted a pic that another kid sent to their phone on the net..

While they may be true, if the idiot that does it is sending his/her unsolicited photo(s) to a number of cell phones through picture mail, what are the chances of that idiot finding out who did it? It would certainly teach the person a lesson.

she(you) might be the only one...Just saying...to be forewarned is to be forewarned.

Now had she taken that picture at , say a halloween contest at a public place AND still put it on a "GAY" site??? Then there'd be "defamation of character" nuff said..

There are more and more on-line litigation being filed everyday. Sexual herassment to stalking..."ON-LINE" just saying..
 abelian
Msg: 25
Underwear and eyeballs
Posted: 1/21/2011 12:28:24 PM

Private images (sent personally/taken personally) have so much more protection then images of public domain.

You can't really consider them private given that the picture is sent unsolicited to a person the sender doesn't know. It may not even be legal to send an explicit photo on a cell phone. What if a minor got to the phone first? Just imagine how much shit the person who sent the photo would be in for sending explict photos to a minor. No, I don't think the sender would complain to the police.

Now had she taken that picture at , say a halloween contest at a public place AND still put it on a "GAY" site??? Then there'd be "defamation of character" nuff said..

A defamation suit woud be trivial (although I doubt there's grounds for filing one) compared with the possibility the sender could be charged with a sex crime involving a minor and end up registering as a sex offender.

There are more and more on-line litigation being filed everyday. Sexual herassment to stalking..."ON-LINE" just saying..

People shoot themselves in the foot everyday, too. Some stop and reload.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Underwear and eyeballs