Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Men Who Only Relate to Beautiful Women....      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Zephyr2553
Msg: 1
Men Who Only Relate to Beautiful Women....Page 1 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
I have lived a while and have dated a lot. One phenomenon I've observed is a man who seems to gravitate toward beautiful women and has a string of them on his belt like so many trophies.
These men have male friends, but women seem to be drawn to them. They aren't particularly handsome, many are balding and have flaws....but women seem drawn to them. What's up with that?
So, what is it about certain men that seem to have the inside track with women, they don't have to have "toys", cars, money, boats....why do we females gravitate toward them like so many salmon swimming upstream?? Any ideas?
 _TALL_IQ2_
Msg: 2
Men Who Only Relate to Beautiful Women....
Posted: 1/21/2011 10:39:35 PM
They aren't particularly handsome, many are balding and have flaws....but women seem drawn to them. What's up with that? Why do we females gravitate toward them like so many salmon swimming upstream?? Any ideas?

Some have learned the game of in-attention, showing less interest than a woman expects can seem intriguing.. Why doesn't he fawn over my beauty like most all the others do? What's his secret?...

Listening for the womans weaknesses and playing right into them is a game some men learn since their flaws have taught them they must have more game and practiced "charm" to win...

Some men can create just the intriguing drama that some women need to feel wanted.. They pretend to have several "Olgas" waiting in line for attention..

Then Jane usually tries to do whatever it takes to compete with the apocryphal "Olga"...
 Ailliss
Msg: 3
Posted: 1/21/2011 10:44:14 PM

So, what is it about certain men that seem to have the inside track with women,

In one word, “Charm".
 CMonster
Msg: 4
Posted: 1/21/2011 10:47:41 PM

They aren't particularly handsome, many are balding and have flaws....but women seem drawn to them. What's up with that?
So, what is it about certain men that seem to have the inside track with women, they don't have to have "toys", cars, money, boats....why do we females gravitate toward them like so many salmon swimming upstream??

Are you saying that typically all women are just drawn to handsome, perfect guys who have toys and money or that just beautiful women do? It would help out guys who have to stand on their personality as their primary means of attraction to women. There are still women out there who feel personality is at least as important as toys and money, right? Maybe? At least a couple?
 CrazyCanuckz
Msg: 5
Posted: 1/21/2011 10:50:00 PM
Attracting women have little to do with money, looks or anything like that. Confidence and humor can attract a woman very easily. There is no trickery involved, he just knows what women really likes.
 votreamour
Msg: 6
Posted: 1/21/2011 10:56:11 PM
Very well said! I am attracted to confidence and humor!
 StarshipNarrator
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2011 11:06:50 PM

They aren't particularly handsome, many are balding and have flaws....but women seem drawn to them. What's up with that?

They don't see a balding, average-looking man who is fine with the fact that his butthole actually stinks to be unattractive. Who would have thought? :/
 Hands of gold
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2011 11:20:41 PM
Usually we see men asking that question for women to answer.

What is that quality that makes women be attracted to a man who is not necessarily good looking or rich? Some men have it and others don't. I don't think you can teach it to the ones who don't have it. It comes from a lifetime of understanding people and how they work. Those same men are well liked by other men as well as desired by women. They rise to influential positions in our world because we trust them. If it was easy, we would all do it.

Charm, as the above poster stated, is really where it is at. But what is charm? It is the ability to connect and relate on a personal level to any person that you are conversing with. Making them feel heard, but also adding insight to their opinions. Listen first, add intelligent response second. If you can harness this in a sincere way, you can win friends and influence people.

If you are looking to be charmed. email me sometime and I can show you how it works. Lol.
 davdo
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2011 1:20:36 AM
Maybe he is wearing "axe" body spray. Some guys just have it, nature has blessed them with a charisma that "some" women are attracted to. Could you describe the nature of the relationships? Are you just assuming that these guys are hooking up and collecting these women? Maybe they have daddy issues and a strong man reassures them. Who knows why anyone is attracted to anyone, why do some women pursue men who are married or in relationships? Maybe some people can just make you feel like the most important person in the world and you get addicted to that kind of attention.

My friend's brother is just a hell of a charismatic person, he can take control of a room just by walking into it. He makes everyone laugh and can flirt with women like he has mutant powers. I never know how he learned it or if it was just natural, his brother couldn't do it on his best day. So its not genetic.
Msg: 10
Posted: 1/22/2011 2:06:30 AM

These men have male friends, but women seem to be drawn to them. They aren't particularly handsome, many are balding and have flaws....but women seem drawn to them. What's up with that?

How do you not know whats up? These men have money and these women are engaging in a form of legal prostitution.Do you honestly believe that if these men were penniless and working part time as a elementary school janitor these beautiful women would have anything to do with them? I think you know the answer to that.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2011 5:48:39 AM
Gravitate? As in hang around? Who cares. Gravitate, as in "have regular sex with," and "marry or otherwise commit to," that would be a more interesting scenario.
By the way, the text of the post doesn't match the title. The Title said Men who ONLY relate to beautiful women. The post is about beautiful women who choose to hang around charming guys that some observer thinks isn't all that.
 ALMOSTABLONDE
Msg: 12
Posted: 1/22/2011 6:28:05 AM
Perhaps these men are just successful w/ women because THEY UNDERSTAND them...that being said, they can then pick & choose, so they pick & choose the more attractive ones
 Vannili
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2011 6:30:30 AM
I have lived a while and have dated a lot. One phenomenon I've observed is a man who seems to gravitate toward beautiful women and has string of them on his belt like so many trophies. These men have male friends,but women drawn to them. They are not particularly handsome,many are balding and have flaws....but women seem drawn to them. what's up with that?
So,what is it about certain men that seem to have the inside track with women, they don't have "toys" cars,money boats....why do we females gravitate toward them like salmon swimimng upstream ??? Any ideas?

Well, don't generalized that all women would go for these kind of men you describe, even they are like a Rabbit with Duracell batteries going on and on....

This woman goes for a man who have money, (job) one car or one truck ,can afford to pay his mortgage or apartment, can afford to take me out for lunch whenever he wants " with out forgetting his wallet at home"..

These men have male friends.

I don't mind a man who have male friends as long as they are budwieser ,poker ,football ,golf,deer /bird hunting buddies, and he doesn't have a "Russian girlfriend" telling me that he sent her an expensive fur coat and gifts that he was broke and I have to bail him out, paying his storage /apartment, treating him by bringing his Dinner in his apartment, lol.
Oppps!I am not beautiful this thread is only for Beautiful women...... but I feel like a salmon swimming up stream not down stream..
 WaywardWynde
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2011 6:55:15 AM
Agree it's Charm, coupled with an absolute focus on the other person, with no rough edges whatsoever.

Such men can focus on beautiful women or rich women. Usually they pick rich women. Always they pick on a "bird with a broken wing".
 Twilightslove
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2011 7:24:34 AM
One of the best self-help books written is "How to Win Friends and Influence People" written by Dale Carnegie. If anyone is interested in how men such as you are speaking of attract women so easily and keep them charmed this is a really good book to read.

Some men and women naturally have these traits while others can learn them by reading this book and/or by paying more attention to how those that have it already do it.

In my opinion there is nothing more appealing than a person who genuinely cares about everyone they come into contact with.
 oopladoopla
Msg: 16
Posted: 1/22/2011 7:32:47 AM

why do we females gravitate toward them like so many salmon swimming upstream?? Any ideas?

Not really any information.
Could be any of a number of reasons.
Could be:
-your standards are too high, the guy isn't all that unattractive.
-your self esteem is too low, the women aren't all that attractive
-could be the guy is amenable to being "just friended"
-could be the guy is a master "player"
-could be the women see him as a "safe" pursuit, knowing he won't leave them, as though they are doing him a favor
-could be the women see him as safe. Backup until something better comes along, knowing it will never go farther than what they want from the guy
-could be he is a "good" (nice, honest, open, friendly, etc.) one and they recognize that
-could be he is hiding his wealth and they know how to spot it, or he shows it to them
-could be he has no wealth, but what he does have he spends on them
-could be they all know his sister
-could be they all work with him
-could be his personality
-could be all the guy(s) just blackmailing the women
-could be a small town and no one has anything better to do
-could be he owes them drug money
-could be he provides them drugs

There really is no context or real information in the OP about the observed behavior.

To me this

means the guy only chases "beautiful" women because that's the only type he can relate to. But you are saying the women are either chasing, or hanging around, or simply not running away from, (drawn to) a type of guy you don't think is appropriately attractive for them.
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 17
Posted: 1/22/2011 7:33:43 AM
Awwwwww .....Nilli guess us "ugly chicks" can post ...LOL

Well some women think so..others know better.
Some walk around half nekid to get attention..because they feel it's all they have to offer.
I don't feel the need.

What's wrong with bald?..It can be very sexy on the right man.
Flaws? What is a flaw to YOU?
A storage unit dweller?

why do we females gravitate toward them like so many salmon swimming upstream?? Any ideas?

This migration occurs in a slightly different time frame for each species/type of woman and for each stream/type of man. In general it occurs during summer or fall.

It may be triggered by day length, water temperature or other environmental changes. Some swim thousands of miles to get to the mouth of the stream where they were born.
...............................vvv
In other words LIKE seeks LIKE in most case..Where we are from, how we were raised to view others and ourselves..Common goals and thoughts.

Maybe OP ..Just maybe..It may make you feel superior to tango with men YOU FEEL are beneath you.

I don't date men I don't find attractive, articulate, funny or can't buy a freaking cup of coffee.

If they are bald or have what YOU consider flaws..I may consider a jewel.
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 18
Posted: 1/22/2011 7:34:42 AM
Listening for the womans weaknesses and playing right into them is a game some men learn since their flaws have taught them they must have more game and practiced "charm" to win...

I would also add that intellect is required to be able to pull that off---so I would say that charm mixed with intellect, confidence, and humor would be the winning combination.

Some men can create just the intriguing drama that some women need to feel wanted.. They pretend to have several "Olgas" waiting in line for attention..

Then Jane usually tries to do whatever it takes to compete with the apocryphal "Olga"...

It's a nice compliment that you count the OP as one of these beautiful women, albeit in a backhanded way.
 rearguard*2
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2011 7:36:12 AM
Men only relate to beautiful women simply because the women who attract a man appeal to him because he thinks they are beautiful! Women are drawn to men who find them beautiful because women like to feel they are attractive and beautiful, and a man who expresses that towards them is immediately appealing.

No rocket science there. Men simply don't run after women they find unattractive. All women are beautiful in their own way, and will appeal to some man.
 sexyisback!
Msg: 20
Posted: 1/22/2011 7:57:24 AM

Attracting women have little to do with money, looks or anything like that. Confidence and humor can attract a woman very easily. There is no trickery involved, he just knows what women really likes.

I wouldn't agree that those things "have very little to do with.." (money, looks, etc.)

they can certainly HELP a LOT..

but they are not strictly necessary.

With them, you need less 'game' or 'charm'.

Without them, you need more..

And, what about guys who have money AND great looks/body AND confidence and humor?

I'm pretty sure that's a winning combination.

I don' t think they're mutually exclusive; like only relatively ugly guys can have confidence/humor and good-looking guys cannot?
 WaywardWynde
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2011 8:00:31 AM

In my opinion there is nothing more appealing than a person who genuinely cares about everyone they come into contact with.

Yup, and once they can fake that, they got it made.

OP was referring to men of little physical attractiveness and few financial resources who were known daters of women regarded by all around to be beautiful in a physical sense.

Such men search out and hit upon "birds with a broken wing" and then apply copious amounts of undivided attention and encouragement and "psychological strokes". They make a woman (beautiful in the particular case) feel "special" and appreciated inspite of their broken wing.

It's the same as gigolo's, except these guys do it for a beautiful companion rather than for money. It's work, dealing with the issues of a broken wing.

Gigolo's tend to have serious alcohol problems. I wonder if the guys who work the beauty trade do as well.
 ChillinChill
Msg: 22
Posted: 1/22/2011 8:06:06 AM
Could be he is very very very very very very well endowed. Packing a 10". He is hung like a horse. The ladies pretty or not like a big one. Could be.

good_catch77
Msg: 23
Posted: 1/22/2011 8:07:09 AM
This post boils down to leagues. The OP feels like the said man should not be "stepping out of his league". Maybe the OP has/had a thing for the said man and is saying this in jealousy? I've seen it a 1000 times where most people just don't care what anyone does, opposite or even same sex, unless they "like" the person.

Let me say this if I was to say I only like beautiful perfect 10's. If I wasn't attractive to you then meh who cares...next. But if you thought that I may be handsome and tried to message me then I turned you down. Then here comes the insults on how can I find a woman if all I want is barbie dolls, no wonder I'm single, yada yada yada.

The list of things are all possibilities as said by oopladoopla, it could be any of those things.

But lets pretend that he is attractive to said beautiful women, so what we like what we like. Idk how many times women and men say that most beautiful people are shallow and beautiful people tend to only date their own kind. Maybe she's wanting to give the "other side" a try, and we still bash them? Cannot win for loosing per say....
 soicat
Msg: 24
Posted: 1/22/2011 8:09:46 AM
It's easy to see what draws women to handsome, athletic guys. It's puzzling, as the OP points out, what draws women to those rare men with the "inside track."

The most magnetic guy I ever knew was overweight, balding, not particularly bright, and impecunious. He was not, and had never been, within hailing distance of handsome. He was an alcoholic. Yet the way women were drawn to him was surreal. He was like catnip to them.

Hanging around with him was like being in an alternate universe. If he interacted with women they'd soon be eating out of his hand; he'd typically go out of his way to say hello to any woman he found attractive. But what was really strange was how women would approach him, or smile at him, or just contrive to get close to him without him doing anything.

He did have a certain quality of soul - a depth, and lack of fear that I liked to be around. But I could never put my finger on exactly what it was he had that women liked so much, or what they could possibly divine about him from seeing him across the room.

I finally decided that women could perceive something about him that I couldn't - perhaps the way dogs and cats and horses can sense whether they like someone or not - and just left it at that.
 sexyisback!
Msg: 25
Posted: 1/22/2011 8:11:31 AM

Could be he is very very very very very very well endowed. Packing a 10". He is hung like a horse. The ladies pretty or not like a big one. Could be.

and/or maybe he has a tongue like a Collie??

AND can can use it tirelessly for hours on end?

that, and/or he has $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ & is not afraid to spend some ?
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Men Who Only Relate to Beautiful Women....