Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > car insurance ...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Jo van
Msg: 4
car insurance ...Page 1 of 1    
You've paid them £343
(£136+ £69 oct, +£69 Nov, + £69 Dec)
Did you pay the £69 for Jan too..?
This would make it £412

You've had 5 months cover (Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec, Jan)
So you should have paid 5/12 of "Aprox" £900, which is "Aprox" £375

By my reckoning, if you've paid a total of £343, then you "owe" them "aprox" £32.
If you've paid the full £412, they owe you "aprox" £37

Unless they are trying to claim some sort of "cancellation charge"...?
Read the small print regarding cancellation.
 NicolaSeven
Msg: 7
view profile
History
car insurance ...
Posted: 1/22/2011 3:29:08 PM

Ah well, one for HR to sort out on Monday morning :)

Eh??? If they're sorting it out on Monday, why are you bothered?

I am not being argumentative here, I am just interested as to why someone with HR to 'sort out' on Monday would be bothered to post online...
 NicolaSeven
Msg: 8
view profile
History
car insurance ...
Posted: 1/22/2011 3:56:22 PM
Lusipher, HR 101.... you have to work your HR department... let them work for you, and with this let them know you appreciate them...

I dont see how, if you have a resource (afully paid up resource) at work who will know how to handle this situation, one might think it more valuable to ask a forum like this....

Please dont misunderstand me... am not knocking Miz, she's a valuable contributor to this forum. I just dont get why she would ask here rather than forget about it until Monday when she can get HR on the case.

Maybe she's doing the equivalent of making conversation... putting a valid thread onto the board for you and I (generic you and I) to discuss... Ok, well done then...

I cant see a 'patronising' icon anywhere....
 everpeaceful
Msg: 10
view profile
History
car insurance ...
Posted: 1/22/2011 4:18:04 PM
its a con!! my insurance doubled this year.chris rock got it right when he said 'you give them money incase sh!t happens but if sh!t doesnt happen you dont get it back'
 NicolaSeven
Msg: 11
view profile
History
car insurance ...
Posted: 1/22/2011 4:30:16 PM

I'm also the type that gnaws at a problem like a bone until I've worked it through in my head so "forgetting about it" until Monday wasn't an option for me. I've now gained a few responses here, and from family members, so now feel I have a good arguement to put to the insurance company once they send me a full breakdown of the figures

but this is the bit I dont get... if you have other people, ie the HR department, to sort this for you, why would you be doing the data/number crunching...

if the company you work for has a department, ie the HR department, to sort this stuff then dont do their job...
 Forrest Grump
Msg: 15
view profile
History
car insurance ...
Posted: 1/23/2011 6:52:42 AM
You are, in effect, cancelling a 12-month contract.

The underwriters will have based their premiums on the premise that you would be paying the whole amount.

Also, the cost to the Insurance Company is higher in the beginning, as it has to pay commission, admin costs (such as Legal Cover, Breakdown Costs, cost of issuing a policy) etc.

It recoups these in the later months.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > car insurance ...