Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Extramarital Affairs.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 howard19651
Msg: 1
Extramarital Affairs.Page 1 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
The two greatest relationships of my life were with married women. The first one happened when I was 25. It was 4 months of pure sexual bliss. The second one took place in my fourties. It lasted over 3 years. She was not only my lover,but my best friend. I am single,but I have taken a lot of heat for dating married women. How do people really feel about extramarital affairs? be seeing you.
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 2
Extramarital Affairs.
Posted: 2/11/2011 6:51:45 AM
I would gather that perhaps you enjoy a shallow, half relationship with someone...YET- the tabooness and excitement of it masks the other half making it FEEL like it is more than that?

How much can a married woman truly GIVE to another man? Other than great sex?

I dunno.
 reboot1010
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Extramarital Affairs.
Posted: 2/11/2011 6:53:01 AM
What a stupid question.

Douchebags will be douchebags
 cap_n_mORGAN
Msg: 5
Extramarital Affairs.
Posted: 2/11/2011 6:53:18 AM
I think both involved should be drawn and quartered!

howard19651
Msg: 6
Extramarital Affairs.
Posted: 2/11/2011 6:53:36 AM
I don't think karma has anything to do with it. I think if 2 consenting adults are discreet,an affair can be a wonderful thing. be seeing you.
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 7
Extramarital Affairs.
Posted: 2/11/2011 6:58:24 AM
be careful out there OP screwing married women.

most men consider it EXTREMELY against the rules and while they will gladly cheat on their OWN wife, if/when they actually catch a man between his wife's legs- he won't react the way you might like....

be careful out there.
 UglyFroggieCritter
Msg: 8
Extramarital Affairs.
Posted: 2/11/2011 7:00:38 AM
You have fun with that, buttercup. But don't expect the majority of forumites to have anything nice to say about the "relationships" and you.

I'll be watching this thread (if it doesn't get ousted) to see when you blow a gasket and bear the risk of being banned from a third forum.

Good luck.
 howard19651
Msg: 9
Extramarital Affairs.
Posted: 2/11/2011 7:03:18 AM
As I stated in my original post,I have only had 2 affairs. One when I was in my 20s and one when I was in my 40s. As I am an intelligent gentleman and the women involved were intelligent,both affairs were discreet. Nobody was ever "caught". be seeing you.
 howard19651
Msg: 10
Extramarital Affairs.
Posted: 2/11/2011 7:20:46 AM
I am 45 years old. I have been dating since high school. Lack of opportunity is the least of my problems. I have dated far more single women than married women,as I have only dated 2 married women. I just stated the fact that the affairs were the greatest relationships of my life,so far. be seeing you.
 SpecificTruths
Msg: 11
Extramarital Affairs.
Posted: 2/11/2011 7:26:23 AM
I can see how a guy/gal in their 20s would enjoy it very much!
The sex, the intrigue or cloak and dagger excitement, having sex with a more experienced and/or older person...

But now, even as I close in on 30, I need more than that from a relationship, and the cloak and dagger stuff isn't exciting, it's annoying at best and troublesome/risky at worst. Plus, if the guy ever finds out and wants revenge on me? No thanks.
 carolann0308
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Extramarital Affairs.
Posted: 2/11/2011 7:47:24 AM
Having an affair with a married person is extremely risky behavior. Smart people avoid them as they are typically dramatic and messy then they consider the moral implications as well. Who risks getting hurt? Do I want to hurt others?
I know people who's marriages broke down due to affairs, their pain and anger goes on for years beyond your average run of the mill divorce. Betrayal by a loved one can be devastating. I wouldn't want to be responsible for another humans misery like that. Not to mention many times the 'weasel' gets beaten to a pulp by the husband.

Although an affair may feel good at the time I would question why someone would be happy being in any relationship where their 'friend' is a liar. A normal person wouldn't go into business with someone like that, right? So why a friendship if you cannot trust their word.
But you, had nothing to lose by fu*king another man's wife.
 coffeeteaorme123456
Msg: 13
Extramarital Affairs.
Posted: 2/11/2011 7:49:59 AM
To me, its a sign on commitment phobia.

The question is whats wrong with you to be in a inappropriate relationships with unattainable partners that prevent you from making a commitment with someone?
If these were your "best" and most favorite of relationships... then the question goes back to you on WHY were these the best?
The excitement? The forbidden fruit? Do you associate this behavior with great romance?
At 45 years old, if you do not know that answer, it might be time to find out what is up with "ME" that makes "me" think this was great and cool and also acceptable.

Affairs with married people are bad news. No good thing can come from it. The person being cheated on has any control in a relationship ripped away from them, is left in the dark and is essentially left invisible by someone he/she trust the most in life with.. THEY were the pair, and you allowed another human being to be left powerless and disrespected. Its a horrible thing for a spouse to do. And to be part of that kind of deceit shows a lot for your character as a person as well....
 browneyesboo
Msg: 14
Extramarital Affairs.
Posted: 2/11/2011 7:55:00 AM
I think this must be a joke.
I can't seriously believe you've had that many
relationships.

Seriously..."be seeing you", are you kidding me?
Sounds like a sound bite from a creepazoid movie.
 ComplekCity
Msg: 16
Extramarital Affairs.
Posted: 2/11/2011 8:06:15 AM
I'm curious as to WHY these two women had affairs with you ?

I would feel betrayed if I found out my wife was cheating on me.

Chow for now.
 TDH49
Msg: 17
Extramarital Affairs.
Posted: 2/11/2011 8:13:40 AM

How do people really feel about extramarital affairs?

I ended a very good friendship because I found out my friend was cheating on his wife. Obviously if he could do that and live with himself then our morals were not in line with one another(not that they have to be on everything, only certain things that I see as very important). Cheating is piggish behaviour, only done by pigggish people.
 shakeitupbaby2012
Msg: 18
Extramarital Affairs.
Posted: 2/11/2011 8:18:24 AM
They were the two best 'relationships' of his life because :

1. He/ they could actually consider this a relationship

2. Clandestine elements

3. He knew it would never lead anywhere and it was all about sex- had to be,,,and is usually why people stray from a marriage yet stay in it, from all accounts on here and thru friends

I agree to the tenth that anyone who would pursue a married person has absolutely zero morals and values. Yes, the married person was a willing participant, but they should have been off the map- single people need to leave married people alone. What's the point in having a committed relationship if you can respect others when they're in one? ( I'm talking to the general public on that one since you lack the moral fiber to process that statement.)
How would you feel if you could fathom being in a committed relationship and found out that she was cheating on you? ( rhetorical)
 jackfouru
Msg: 19
Extramarital Affairs.
Posted: 2/11/2011 8:23:53 AM
extra marital affairs just for sex or love? If two people are unhappily married, I get their falling in love with people outside the marriage although I do not approve, and believe in that case the marriage should just end so that each partner can try to find love for themselves. An extra marital affair just for sex? In my mind that is as pathetic as it comes. The way I see it, this is a very difficult world and we should be able to depend on our spouses, above all else, for trust and decency and integrity. To violate that trust just for sex is, in my opinion, almost evil.
 ForumFilly
Msg: 20
Extramarital Affairs.
Posted: 2/11/2011 8:25:54 AM
If the two greatest relationships you've had in your life were with two married women that alone should tell you something. You are not someone who is mature and stable enough to want to be in a complete, monogamous, 24/7 relationship. You prefer a part time relationship where you don't have to commit. You feel safer seeing a woman who is already in a committed relationship, although she has no qualms about cheating on her husband. Therefore, you seem to prefer associating with women of low moral character and on a temporary basis. To have an affair of 3 years with a married woman while in your 40's shows that you yourself are lacking in the integrity and morals department.

How do most people feel about extramarital affairs? Cheaters and liars and people who have no qualms in breaking their marriage vows, are all for them. People with integrity and morals, on the other hand, are not going to participate. If they find they are unhappy, they will do the honorable thing and work to salvage it, or if that's not possible, leave the marriage, as oppose to figuratively stabbing their spouse in the back.

You won't be seeing me. I don't hang around with people who have so few morals.
 ChrisD1957
Msg: 21
Extramarital Affairs.
Posted: 2/11/2011 8:28:02 AM
I think you should give us their names and addresses so that we can contact their husbands. Hopefully they will beat the shit out of you and we can put it on You tube.
 Cdn_Iceman
Msg: 22
Extramarital Affairs.
Posted: 2/11/2011 8:59:36 AM

The two greatest relationships of my life were with married women. The first one happened when I was 25. It was 4 months of pure sexual bliss. The second one took place in my fourties. It lasted over 3 years. She was not only my lover,but my best friend. I am single,but I have taken a lot of heat for dating married women. How do people really feel about extramarital affairs? be seeing you.
silly question OP, wont be seeing you.

Generally people who feel incomplete, inadequate and unappreciated are more likely to seek comfort in a sexual relationship ,You have a best friend who cheats on her spouse? wow... what a great quality to have in a friend and it shows the type of person you are .
 trinity818
Msg: 23
Extramarital Affairs.
Posted: 2/11/2011 9:21:43 AM

The way I see it, this is a very difficult world and we should be able to depend on our spouses, above all else, for trust and decency and integrity. To violate that trust just for sex is, in my opinion, almost evil.

I agree with this 100%
 Butterfly~Effect
Msg: 24
Extramarital Affairs.
Posted: 2/11/2011 9:21:46 AM
be seeing you???.....LOL...a 45 year old with a 'catch phrase'.

Wow...your my hero. Do you have theme music following you around as well?

I think all has been said, that can be said about your two greatest loves *cough, choke*....
 howard19651
Msg: 25
Extramarital Affairs.
Posted: 2/11/2011 9:32:05 AM
I have always found it interesting that adults cannot have a mature and civil conversation about affairs. be seeing you.
 RushLuv
Msg: 26
Extramarital Affairs.
Posted: 2/11/2011 9:38:16 AM
Pitiful troll post.

You come to the forums to brag about two affairs you had with married women, and then asks forum mites what we think about that? Trollish entertainment at its finest.
 Butterfly~Effect
Msg: 27
Extramarital Affairs.
Posted: 2/11/2011 9:38:33 AM

I have always found it interesting that adults cannot have a mature and civil conversation about affairs. be seeing you.

^^^^ And there it is....

Ever consider this....maybe it's because the people having affairs are not mature nor civil....hense...ADULTS would prefer not to make conversation with them.....
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Extramarital Affairs.