Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Any info appreciated      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Beckera
Msg: 1
Any info appreciatedPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
I see lots of views but no messages, can someone please take a look at my profile and tell me what I'm doing wrong?

I tried updating pictures, and expanding the information about me to no avail. Are there just no guys interested?
 Straycat28
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Any info appreciated
Posted: 3/16/2011 12:46:03 PM
Some of your pictures should be replaced, personally #4 and #6 aren't attractive to me.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 3
Any info appreciated
Posted: 3/16/2011 7:24:50 PM
It's a very good profile. Sorry, can't help you. You like Firefly and Kevin Smith; you're attractive; you can type in complete sentences.

Your age restrictions might be a little optimistic - no 24 year old is going to want to get involved with the mother of 3. But I think your upper limit is about right.

I guess you have to do the shopping yourself. Send out your own first messages.
 You go first
Msg: 4
Any info appreciated
Posted: 3/16/2011 7:34:48 PM
You really shouldn't have photos of your adorable kids on an adult internet dating site.

There is a lot of information on the profile - the right guy will read it all. But, as already mentioned, 24 may be a bit young for an insta-family. Did you know you have the option to select "any" in the drop-down menu for age and it will be open to anyone who wants to write? You always have the option to ignore or reply as you see fit.

Is there any reason you're not writing to men you find interesting?
 Beckera
Msg: 5
Any info appreciated
Posted: 3/17/2011 11:48:58 AM
Thanks. I made a few changes. Hopefully they help out.
 Beckera
Msg: 6
Any info appreciated
Posted: 3/17/2011 2:32:58 PM
Changed the full body and hopefully that will help more. No responses as of yet, but the day is young.
 psytle
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Any info appreciated
Posted: 3/17/2011 8:10:18 PM
Well, on the positive side, I like how much detail you put about the things that interest you. It makes it easier for guys to send a message other than generic two liners or something creepy that's trying way too hard.

On the not so positive side, I'm not a big fan of "Not looking for" lists, especially if the user in question has set up their message filter to block undesirables. It's a bit superfluous, and perfectly decent guys might weed themselves out. Wouldn't you rather get a message from those guys and judge for yourself if they've got what it takes?

Again, on the positive side, I think your default profile picture is flattering to yourself and most of all, not deceiving.

Best of luck to you!
 Beckera
Msg: 8
Any info appreciated
Posted: 8/6/2012 10:51:50 AM
Well, it's been two years since i joined and I'm still single. Anyone want to take a stab at my profile and help a girl out?

Thanks in advance.
 firefly416
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Any info appreciated
Posted: 8/6/2012 6:11:00 PM
The photos are fine except I agree with the others who said to delete the kids.

There is odd space after your first paragraph.

Why is the last paragraph in quotes? I don't actually like any of that paragraph but mentioning sex at all in a profile tends to be a bad thing. You can say stuff like that in your 3rd email.

Firefly
 Beckera
Msg: 10
Any info appreciated
Posted: 8/6/2012 6:17:17 PM
Ok, changed up the photos -- reworded/deleted some of the list-y type profile stuff and finished the quote part.

What do you think now?
 Beckera
Msg: 11
Any info appreciated
Posted: 8/6/2012 6:54:45 PM
Yeah, I had a "few extra" last year and was told that I'm average so who knows-- According to poll run by the LA times, my height and weight are average for the US woman.
 firefly416
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Any info appreciated
Posted: 8/6/2012 7:12:21 PM
The last photo is too dark to include. However, it's a great idea to have one taken doing karaoke so just get someone to use a flash next time you do it.

Firefly
 Beckera
Msg: 13
Any info appreciated
Posted: 8/6/2012 7:16:38 PM
@ mickathen -- No harm, no Foul. I appreciate the honesty. What I deem average will be someone else's humongous so it all comes out in the wash. Bonus points to you for the Jay and Silent Bob reference :)
 Beckera
Msg: 14
Any info appreciated
Posted: 10/16/2013 5:37:52 PM
I've made some recent changes.. any one care to take a gander and tell me what you think?
 firefly416
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Any info appreciated
Posted: 10/16/2013 5:48:15 PM
Well I didn't memorize what you said before. I like the last 2 photos the best. I got so lost in the first sentence that I couldn't find my way out after three tries. However I liked the rest of the written part. Then again I'm a woman and I care about a lot of the same things you mentioned. I'm pretty sure men never read the whole profile. Yours seemed to get better as you went on but I'm concerned no one will be reading.
 DBM1981
Msg: 16
Any info appreciated
Posted: 10/17/2013 1:10:12 AM
Beckera, at risk of appearing like an insensitive ***hole, I'm gonna give you an honest opinion, the ones that are not very common these days. You need to loose some weight, most men are not attracted to overweight woman, looks matter a lot to us, specially when dating online. You have a pretty face, but you should take better care of your body. Losing weight is not that hard, I lost 60 pounds in 1 year and I my love life changed drastically, all it takes is 3 or 4 trips to the gym a week and a change of your diet, no carbs, no greasy food, no sugar. I hope my advice will encourage you to do something about it. You'll see how a 20, 30 pound drop in weight will dramatically increase attention from men, trust me. Good luck!
 Mark_It_Up
Msg: 17
Any info appreciated
Posted: 10/17/2013 2:01:18 AM
Actually DBM I think you'll find honest opinions are very common in this forum :)

Losing weight is not an issue for me, I'd rather someone be a few pounds over but happy and confident, than skinny and miserable. I think your profile is just fine apart from a few things.
- Lose the first 2 paragraphs, they don't really add anything.
- First date "impress me" is my pet hate. I'm not going to impress you on a first date, I'm going to ask you for a coffee or a bar to see if we get on. If we do then I might impress you on the 2nd date. As a woman you don't need to think of anything witty or inspirational to write here, if you want to leave it to the guy then change it to "you decide" or something. Impress you... no... not until I've met you and know that you're worth impressing.
- Main photo could be better, a good close up. Your Santa photo would be great if it were closer up, and the last one would be great if you were smiling.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Any info appreciated