Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Why have men become sooo needy? Bring back the cave man!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Arbiteroftaste
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Why have men become sooo needy? Bring back the cave man!Page 1 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
Instead of gassing on here, you could be doing my laundry and cooking my tea!
 WalksOnWater2
Msg: 21
Why have men become sooo needy? Bring back the cave man!
Posted: 3/20/2011 12:39:55 PM

What's happened to the good old fashioned cave man?

They became civilized because She's Who Wouldn't Give It Up Otherwise, demanded so.

The over-testosteroned man fell out of grace, when women decided that macho is out, bad boys are ...bad, sex had to be consensual, and dragging a woman to the cave by her hair was really bad for the hair.

But being the real women we are of course, we reserve the right to change our minds, so now we declare that nice guys are effeminate and we order back the caveman, testosterone n' all, as long as we don't have to give up the pants we're wearing - of course!

badge73
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 3/20/2011 4:43:41 PM
Im a bit confused. As why would a bloke do everything a bint says? I mean the phrase having a pair springs to mind.

I understand some blokes bow down in order to try and keep a girl happy but surly they must figure out theres plenty of others out there who wont use them as emotional punch bags?

edit. Im Sure you have the logic to google it lol
 Strider886
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2011 3:25:11 AM

I'm finding that men - in particular those on pof - are soooo needy, insecure and wimpy. Now not all men obviously, just a vast majority.

What's happened to the good old fashioned cave man?

What can we do to retestorone men?

I think we should start a pof campaign to toughen you men up and leave the being a lady to us ladies lol

What women want in a man seems to vary depending heavily on media/TV/social influences. The same is not quite as true for men......
I know this because I got a lot of messages from very attractive women in one small area of the country (too far away to travel), this has GOT to be local social influence in that particular area!

Now men on POF, the problem is the way we are quite frankly treated like dirt.
You've got the "caveman" types who sit their either sending out pervy messages OR using their game to get as many women (like yourself) as possible.
Why do we have so many single parent families again??? ;)

The rest who start out as perfectly normal, kinda end up sit their wondering what's wrong with them, especially if they're 30+ and experiencing that reduction in social life that we all get toward that age, as our friends marry off and responsibilities take over.
Having experienced all this, I can tell you the women on this site can really make a guy feel worthless....
Some do it unintentionally, some do it deliberately... Like the lass that added me to Facebook, effectively called me ugly and then deleted me! She wasn't even all that attractive lol!! If it'd happened to me years ago I MIGHT have been upset by this....

What a lot of them don't realise is that a HUGE percentage of women on here aren't actually serious about dating, they're just window shopping.
Yeah it's annoying, because they're probably not even single, they're wasting everyone's time and making us guys wonder why we bother spending hours of our life writing them first contact messages.

The difference with me however is that I don't just take life lying down, I analyse things and people and what I see as "mainstream" society. I haven't got all the pieces in place yet (will I ever?), but I do now sit their in what I feel to be quite a unique position, looking down at the ridiculousness of it all and wondering where Darwin's theory went so wrong in modern society.
 Strider886
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2011 9:15:58 AM
This shouldn't be a profile review..but as it's being talked about..LLL I read your profile and thought 'if I were a guy who wore glasses and a suit I'd have every chance with you.
The list of personality traits is pretty much how most perceive themselves anyway in my opinion.
I was thinking the opposite and that more specifics are needed on what you look for looks wise.

Personally and without trying to cause offence in any way shape or form, I think LLL (for whatever reason) stereotype's an image with a type of person.

This "image" could be a character in TV series or a movie, it could be a friends partner, it could even be her own father, but just reading the profile it's very clear that she makes character assumptions based on small and meaningless things......

LLL it's not your fault, please don't be offended! it's simply social conditioning and more people do this than those who don't.

Let me quote my own profile to show ya'll what I mean......

Long hair doesn't mean im work shy.
Photography doesn't mean I photograph half naked women.
Kitcars doesn't mean I spend all my time in the garage.
Being close to my family doesn't mean i'm a "mommys boy" (I actually have my own home).

As a crazy example... Owning a £200'000 car wouldn't mean I was rich, it could just as well mean I was in debt upto my eyeballs.

Having an eye defect doesn't make anyone anything special, it's the person on the inside that matters most.

Strider886
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2011 3:25:37 AM

@ 92 - Definitely... romance is delusion and what women unfortunately fall into the trap of with unrealistic high expectations of a man. I can still be thoughtful, kind, and loving without being labelled "romantic"... it's just cringe worthy and cliche to be so.

Romance belongs in fictional novels, trashy magazines (and rom coms)...

I live in the real world.

Damn straight........ The idea of "romantic" is based almost entirely on works of fiction, be that printed or on the TV screen.
 qedeshim
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2011 2:23:17 PM
Men have always been needy, they are the weaker sex, but spend and have spent most of their time devising ways to hide the blindingly obvious.

Men are competitive, and competition creates division, fractures between people, thus individualising them, and individuals are somewhat isolated, and isolation even psychological makes individuals insecure, hence benign needy. Insecurity issues are counteracted through many overt behavioral practices, overt as in a public display, and not in private, or privacy of own home.

Males also think more logically than emotionally, and as for emotions and feelings, a vast area of the unexplored, and uncharted lands, that males generally avoid, as its illogical, and therefore either nonsense or madness. THE range of emotions are easily counted on ones fingers, as that is more than enough for the average male. Sex provides the umbrella for most emotional reasoning and experiences, not just the getting of it, but the reactions to not getting it, not much emotional stuff outside of that.

So for females failing to observe the blindingly obvious, plus the personal experiences from the males in their lives to date, makes a mockery that age is somewhat related to gaining wisdom. Males might look very different but psychologically are not that varied in their behavioral responses, despite the personality variations.
 Strider886
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 3/24/2011 7:58:13 AM

No, not blame, I didnt say you where to blame.
But women are the reason why they have changed.

I think you mean that men change to give women want they want?
But many women are such fickle creature's, that what they want changes from one minute to the next.

Don't change, be yourself and if someone tries to change you... Drop em like a hot spud.
 qedeshim
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 3/24/2011 2:00:01 PM
Males are stronger physically than females, and prove the matter through their universal practice of rape. Men rape, use rape as a weapon in war zones, and rape uninterested partners. So men demonstrate they are strong. Strangely its men that are paedophiles in this world and again its practiced mainly at home like rape, proving they are again strong and family orientated, ruling through fear and violence, and marking their children for life. Something males can be universally proud of, as its a male thing. In the UK two real men every day kill their partners, thus showing other females how potentially powerful and unpredictable real men are.

Well why are women weak one might ask, and as some say demand things from real men? Well women generally will protect their children with their lives. Well through owning women, taking one into a gilded cage, separating them and making them "housewives or homemakers" is not really their style. Women are far more social creatures than males, females tend to co-operate with other females, whereas males generally are more isolated as their world of competition tends to make them more individuals.

In less primitive societies, females tend to be far more together socially in the private sphere whereas in advanced cultures its more the public sphere. So by isolating such a social creature they are forced to get the social and emotional necessities from the only beings available a partner or husband, both who cannot comprehend their natural inclinations judging them solely through culturally educated male values.

So maybe we should as males keep to what we do do best, rape and paedophilia. The universal overtly and covertly practiced values, which the innocent safely practice through watching movies and other entertainments involving what the righteous after being thrilled through the experience can avidly support the female position.
 badge73
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Posted: 3/27/2011 9:17:28 AM
i dont see where there is much debate in this to be honest as it depends on compatibility in the bedroom, after all some bints like thrown on the bed, ravaged and generally thrown around the room, whilst others like everything planned and all the candles.

could call them type 1 or 2 whilst the same could be said for us men, some like doing the ravaging whilst others like the metro and i understand you part

just have to find the right combination or other wise its like having a ashtray on a motorbike, complete waste of time.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Why have men become sooo needy? Bring back the cave man!