Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Help understanding what she's thinking.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 daynadaze
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Help understanding what she's thinking.Page 1 of 1    
I don't know, that's how I treat everyone unless we are mortal enemies, so from the info you've given I wouldn't jump to any conclusions. Ask her out for lunch, see if she hints at wanting more. Lunch is safe, lots of business friends go out to lunch together. While eating you can move the conversation to does she have a boyfriend, etc.
 U make it entertaining
Msg: 5
Help understanding what she's thinking.
Posted: 4/28/2011 5:27:01 PM
Many say that work is not the place to find a mate.
However, that is where I met my ex husband, and we ended up together for 20 years.

You say that she seemed really happy to see you again, so ... ask her out.
What's the worst that can happen?
She could say no, and then you'd know.

Simple.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 4/29/2011 4:37:50 AM
I agree wholeheartedly with the admonition that it doesn't MATTER what she does or doesn't think, if you are going to be trying to mix romance and work. That is such a bad idea, that MOST companies prohibit it and will either discharge you immediately, or send one or both of you to other locations. With the way the economy is, the latter is unlikely, the former VERY likely.
Past that, the ONLY person who can EVER give "Help understanding what she's thinking," is HER.
But I also suspect you are wishfully reading romance into VERY standard professional friendliness. If it was really interest on her part, I don't think you'd have enough doubt to be here asking. Put your hands back in your pockets and keep walking.
 NonamousDog
Msg: 8
Posted: 4/29/2011 7:20:43 AM
^^^^^^^

But, according to polls, a majority of married couples" met through either school or work". So it must work out at least some of the time.

And while I would guess most large corporate employers have policies against employees dating, I doubt whether many smaller employers do.
 wayfarer4you
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 5/2/2011 12:57:54 PM
DUDE step back and breath in relax AND WHAT ARE YOU THINKING WITH? ??
Never ever no matter what sleep /date /tie up/ .. aahhh eRR a lady from work way to many Issues would will be brought on when it go's bad ..
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 20
Posted: 5/2/2011 9:18:18 PM
She was simply being polite and personable. I smile just as warmly to female colleagues as I do to males. It's not at all indicative of romantic interest.

Don't pi$$ in your own pool. Things could get very sticky. Hitting on her at work could make things awkward for both of you---and could possibly be construed as sexual harrassment.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Help understanding what she's thinking.