Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Travel  > Bin Laden DEAD - Can we drop the airport scanners now?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 AintNoDeal
Msg: 1
Bin Laden DEAD - Can we drop the airport scanners now?Page 1 of 1    
When I think of all the international travel I've done -- all the dressing and undressing at the airport, the groping at London Heathrow being the worst....can we scale that back now, puh-leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssseee.............???
 U make it entertaining
Msg: 2
Bin Laden DEAD - Can we drop the airport scanners now?
Posted: 5/2/2011 5:56:05 AM
^^^^ Very good point.

Now would be the time for retaliation.

However, I'm with you on lets put it to rest.
Trying to take a 4 year old, and 14 month old through the airport scanners last week was not an easy task.
 daffie
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 5/3/2011 6:39:22 PM
yes,
the constant security checks are a pain in the proverbial!...

unfortunately there's more than one nutter or radical religious organisation intent on causing harm and mayhem to innocent people all around the world.
as a frequent traveller i feel a lot safer with these scanners and other security means operational at major airports...
 Sabrosura089
Msg: 4
Posted: 5/4/2011 12:30:56 PM
When I think of all the international travel I've done -- all the dressing and undressing at the airport, the groping at London Heathrow being the worst....can we scale that back now, puh-leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssseee.............???

^^I don't mind if it means it will deter any terrorists from harming us. It's a little inconvenience for the value of a life (lives).

Just because Bin Laden is gone doesn't mean his followers are going to let go of the hatred towards us..........security is heighten because of his death. For the obvious reasons.
 AintNoDeal
Msg: 5
Posted: 5/4/2011 10:37:44 PM
It annoys me that on a 7-day trip, I spend two complete days at the airport because where there was only tarmac 30 years ago, now there's an entire city of shops, theaters, red-light district, museums, and the gestapo demanding papers.

Travel isn't travel any more. You have to book two nights in Airport-tropolis with it's bad food and high rates. The proctologist is no longer the scariest guy with gloves in town.
 Ailliss
Msg: 6
Posted: 5/6/2011 12:10:11 PM

No.

Since Islamic jihadists declared a war of terror on the US we have been playing defense. In the sense that this war, on our part, will be fought with Intelligence and special forces; it will never end. This war will go on untill the end of mankind or the jihadists win.

It annoys me that on a 7-day trip, I spend two complete days at the airport
Travel isn't travel any more.

Thus our way of life, the one we knew a few decades ago, will no longer exist as long as we are engaged, defensibly, in this war of terror. If the Islamic militants had our military power they would have annihilated us and most of the western world by now.

A warning and promise from our enemies:

Al Qaeda, in Web message, confirms bin Laden's death
By the CNN Wire Staff
May 6, 2011 10:18 a.m. EDT

The statement, translated by SITE, lauded the late militant, threatened to take action against the United States, and urged Pakistanis to "rise up and revolt."
Bin Laden's death will serve as a "curse that chases the Americans and their agents, and goes after them inside and outside their countries," the message said.

"The soldiers of Islam, groups and individuals, will continue planning without tiredness or boredom, and without despair or surrender, and without weakness or stagnancy, until they cause the disaster that makes children look like the elderly!"
It urged Pakistanis "to cleanse this shame that has been attached to them by a clique of traitors and thieves" and "from the filth of the Americans who spread corruption in it."

Still want to get rid of scanners?

I’m afraid that we are going to suffer even more losses of liberty in order to not just keep us safe but also that we not s offend those who pose a real threat to our former way of life.
Show ALL Forums  > Travel  > Bin Laden DEAD - Can we drop the airport scanners now?