Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Minnesota  > young guys contacting older women      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Cdn_Iceman
Msg: 2
young guys contacting older womenPage 1 of 1    
Its the Mrs. Robinson thing I think, I was on a hockey team with young guys about 5 years ago the average age 21, and I was the second oldest and these kids were talking about picking up women 35 years older plus, and I asked them why the older women?

Some replied its cool, some replied they are easier to have sex with , when they have sex with a older woman they kick out the guys after,there are no strings attached, younger women they say if you have sex with them more than 3 times you're in a relationship and that ring after 6 months or something like that.

Then again guys that age has two basic emotions horny and hungry.
 Snappy_Turtle
Msg: 3
young guys contacting older women
Posted: 5/13/2011 11:41:57 AM
I have a nastier interpretation than Icee==
I think at least some of them want to gain as much knowledge and practice as they can about the mechanical skills of sex, so as to be more sure of themselves when it's time to have sex with somebody who matters
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 4
Posted: 5/13/2011 11:49:46 AM
^^^^ the OP is 62 she has men up to 20 yrs younger messaging her according to her post - I would think they have already had a bit of sexual experience/training by the age of 42.

Its possible they are looking for a sugar momma. Personally I don't see why a healthy 42 yr old man would be attracted to a 62 yrs old woman unless she looked like she was in her 40's or she was rich and willing to support him. Or it could just be a curiousity on thier part and they think that a older woman will be grateful to have a "young stud" in her bed ( even though he's past it )

I see you have age restrictions on your profile - does this not work on IM? If not you can always disable IM and avoid the problem.
 Snappy_Turtle
Msg: 5
Posted: 5/13/2011 12:48:00 PM
Op,
Maybe they (like I did) take you to be younger than your stated age just going on the snapshot.
Maybe also IM is primarily used more for short- than long-term goals.

p.s. "at least 20 years younger" vs. "up to 20 years younger" -- did you change her wording on purpose? And -- did she say it was a problem?
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 6
Posted: 5/13/2011 1:37:23 PM
^^^ yes you are right she did say that if was at least 20 years - I wonder what age the youngest and the oldest were? The OP did not state that it was a problem but why post a thread if you are happy with the situation and you do not have any concerns. So OP is this a good thing for you or not?

Personally I don't think the OP looks much younger than her age I can't imagine a man less than 42 yrs old thinking she looks close to his age so I don't think that is the problem.
 WalksOnWater2
Msg: 7
Posted: 5/13/2011 9:43:30 PM
It could be your headline OP:
Roaring good times to come:)

this, with the come-on bedroom picture seem to be quite inviting.

They see you on line and the hit the button. Fast and furious and horny. What's there to lose?
IM has a "block" button, conveniently located top-right.

aboutgettingby
Msg: 8
Posted: 6/19/2011 9:33:34 AM
Treat it as a compliment, and leave it at that. Like others have implied it is easy to create a form email and go trolling with it.
 Halfback21
Msg: 10
Posted: 8/5/2011 3:14:32 PM
@ Coffeegurl13- Because men around your age are looking for 22-26 year olds. I'm 30 and I have accidentally stepped into profiles where I find exactly what I'm NOT looking. And for some reason I get those people sending me messages asking me out. It's a vicious cycle.
 CreativeSeeksSame
Msg: 11
Posted: 8/15/2011 10:47:33 AM
I think some of it has to do with an 'older' woman possessing mature qualities. It would seem safer to get into a relationship with a woman who is actually a WOMAN and not a girl.
 Irish1
Msg: 12
Posted: 8/15/2011 5:40:21 PM
Probably a little of everything. I just received a message from a 23 year old the other day. I told him to go eat his vegetables and wash behind his ears.
 whoknows001
Msg: 13
Posted: 8/18/2011 2:22:35 PM
I have used a variety of responses...

You are the same age as my son. How would you feel about your buddies hitting on your mom?

No thanks, but how about hooking me up with your daddy? uncle?

Humor them, but be firm, and they'll get the message.
 CreativeSeeksSame
Msg: 14
Posted: 8/18/2011 7:42:47 PM
Thats funny Irish.
Show ALL Forums  > Minnesota  > young guys contacting older women