Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Florida  > CANCELED ~ June 25th ~ Kayak / Canoe Trip ~ BBQ ~“Getting Physical”      View All Events   Home login  
 AUTHOR
 classie3
Msg: 1
CANCELED ~ June 25th ~ Kayak / Canoe Trip ~ BBQ ~“Getting Physical” ~ Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Panama City ~ “Getting Physical” ~ June 25th
~*Kayak / Canoe Trip ~ BBQ ~ Music ~ Outdoor Games*~

___________***UPDATE***__________***UPDATE***______________
*****CANCELED !!!! DUE TO THE WEATHER FORECAST *****
will reschedule with a short notice - so watch your local events list!!
with having to watch the weather for an event such as this.... means that to reschedule it will have a short notice - approx a week to 10 days - SO KEEP WATCHING YOUR LOCAL EVENTS and we will keep you posted....

So SO Sorry

PS - if YOU still want to go with possible lighting and thunderstorms - send a message to my mailbox... the EVENT IS CANCELED - but a couple wanted to just watch it and make a last minute decision...
If you are wanting to share a boat, look at the bottom of this page for others and message those looking for someone to share a boat with. Whether it's a guy or girl, don't worry about it, if you have similar interests or not, don't worry about it. Just get in a boat, and get on the creek! Let's focus on having a good time, and don't worry so much about matching up with your dream date right off the bat. Rome wasn't built in a day, and this kayak ain't gonna row itself! :)
See you all out there. I'm looking forward to making even more new friends and reconnecting with all my new friends from the Single Mingle!

A local award winning BBQ master will be peddling his wares and making hot bbq available to us. We'll be getting together after the Canoe trip, meeting at the Bayou George Ballpark on Jammie Road. (I'll put a little pile of maps in the office at the Livery)

And we'll eat, drink, probably get BBQ stains on our shirts, and show off our tan lines. You gonna be there? Be sure to "SIGN UP" and "RESERVE YOUR BOAT"
Susan ( CougarCabPCB )

Party Link: { visit this link to sign up}
http://forums.plentyoffish.com/EditPost.aspx?PostID=14447372

We have had some amazing meetings ~ several have asked about having an “Activity Day” So ~ We are getting physical on this one ~ you’re not gonna want to miss it!!!

Tell your friends and let’s make this POF singles event an AWESOME DAY!!!

**NOTE ~ I am only the "Co-Host" for this wonderful Day of Fun and Festivities ~ *ALL* of the credit goes to one of our very own POF local members – she has put in a lot of time and effort to make this a day to remember and ~ a great opportunity for you to MEET YOUR MATCH ~ Be sure to let her know how much we appreciate all the hard work she has undertaken for us…**
OUR HOST will be: ~ SHARON ~ CougarCabPCB ~ Thank you Sharon!! *_*

THE PLAN: Saturday ~ June 25, 2011

*Kayak / Canoe Trip*
Time: 9:00 am Meeting at the Panama City Mall Parking Lot beside “Starbucks” or can meet at the Econfina Canoe Livery on HWY 20 approx 10:00am – Hope to be on the water around 10:30 am - Directions to be added closer to the event
The number of Canoes and Kayaks on reserve for our event is limited – so please make your reservations individually. ASAP – Locals discount takes $5.00 off of the rental fee for your boat.

****~CALL 850-722-9032 ~to reserve your boat****

COST: Canoe $50/ $45 with Discount
Single Person Kayak $40/ $35 with Discount
Double Person Kayak $50/ $45 with Discount

If you are wanting to share a boat – please post a comment on this page and – members should contact each other by sending a message to your MAILBOX page – then post a update if you no longer are needing to share one…

~*THEN*~
after a trip down Econfina ~ we are making the plans to get together for a time of Mingling ~ Music ~ FOOD (BARBECUE) ~ and Games ~ (More details to come) A full day of FUN & FELLOWSHIP AS WE BUILD A NETWORK OF SINGLE FRIENDS. Mingling has never been easier…. So if you are serious about a MEET & GREET ~ then this is the place to be!!!

FOOD:
COST: BBQ BUFFETT $10.00
Pulled Pork ~ Texas Toast ~ Cole Slaw ~ Macaroni Salad ~ Baked Beans ~ Dessert
** We Bring our own Drinks**

**Please direct all questions and correspondence through this thread**just post your question and comments at the bottom of this page…. Then everyone can be involved in the questions and answers…**

** NOW WE NEED YOUR HELP **
First: "SIGN UP" for the party! Through this page... and post comments at the bottom of the page.... Everyone wants to see who is coming...

Then - Help me daily to keep our POST ACTIVE (bottom of page) ~ keep checking back for updates noted on the post AND POST YOUR COMMENTS.. always reference the specific event in your post... ~ it's that easy...
~ If you have difficulty signing up - look at the top RIGHT of this page.. you will need to LOGIN first (Click Login – enter your plenty of fish login and password then come back to this same page as you should be able to sign up) - please keep trying - Also ~ In your profile check your mail settings and at the bottom of page click YES to Allow emails from Local Singles Events.

Photos MAY be taken at the event and posted to the thread. SO if you do not wish your picture to be taken – please notify us in advance.

A REMINDER NOTICE is mailed out the week before the event - BUT only goes to the members who "SIGN UP" on this page ....... so be sure to click the button and be signed up to receive all the updates and reminders....

As the plans continue to come together – we will keep this page updated – so keep checking back!!! Thank you for your interest and support in our Local Singles Events.
We hope to see you there
CougarCabPCB ~ & ~ Classie3
Following Members are Attending This Party... Average Member Brings Along 3 Guests

1eveready

1PTCMAN

angel1340

barbanne44

beachbrad

classie3

cookie340

daffyduck62

davidirby

femalegender

Flbelle29

FLYTRAP9

kthffl

macdaddywet

pcbforida

penobama

Readytogetbackoutthere

RedRam360

rickiepcb

rocco1952

rtbtf

small blond 4u

stillawinner

tropicanna

wavejumper42

25 people are attending
 husker50
Msg: 2
Panama City ~ June 25th ~ Kayak / Canoe Trip ~ BBQ ~“Getting Physical” ~
Posted: 5/21/2011 12:21:17 PM
Hi I'm bill but I ll float with ya
 classie3
Msg: 3
Posted: 5/23/2011 12:55:58 PM
Don't wait to reserve your boat ~ Go ahead and call so they will know what you are interested in ~ A Canoe ~ Kayak for one ~ or Kayak for two ~
Geting Excited ~ gonna be a wet and wonderful day ~ full of fun and laughter - be sure to sign up on this page so everyone knows your interested in being a part of a great network of single friends ~

Hope to see "YOU" there!!
 classie3
Msg: 4
Posted: 5/23/2011 1:02:14 PM
Thanks for the messages from ~ Lacy2222 and also ~ FridayG
~ each one of them are also planning to join us for a day of FUN FISHING ~
 angel1340
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 5/23/2011 4:15:27 PM
hey...anyone want to share a boat with me??
 midievalprincess
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 5/24/2011 7:19:49 AM
wishing I could....I would love to kayak and BBQ sounds great but I am working...Hope they have this event again!
 rocco1952
Msg: 7
Posted: 5/24/2011 2:50:55 PM
be glad to if you have not got any body to share with
 rocco1952
Msg: 8
Posted: 5/24/2011 3:19:46 PM
yes woul love to share a canoe with you let me know and ill call and have them save one
 small blond 4u
Msg: 9
Posted: 5/25/2011 9:02:48 AM
Hi fellow fish,
I prefer a Kayak over the canoe but have never tried to paddle one. I am in my 60's and not super strong. My question is do you think I'll be able to do it by myself or is there someone wanting a boat mate who is stronger than me. I don't know how long the trip is in the boat from start to finish or if it is easy downstream paddling. Can someone tell me?
 Tallycutie
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 5/27/2011 4:19:26 AM
I am not a kayak person, thought maybe the rest of us could get together and do something else., Hang out at the beach, play bingo or something. talk to me on pof and we will get something going.
Can not wait .
Barbanne
 wavejumper42
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 5/27/2011 9:45:41 PM
I will need someone to share a canoe with so let me know if someone would like to paddle with me.
 classie3
Msg: 12
Posted: 5/31/2011 10:41:41 AM
Time is flying by...and it will not be long before we will be floating down the creek be sure to sign up and tell your friends about it... also make your reservations for your boat...
I do see where a few have posted needing a partner - please let us know if you have matched up and no longer need a partner... I will also suggest trying a One Man Kayak - those are easier to paddle ( that's what I am going to use ~ hehe )
but keep in mind - there is a limited number available...

I am getting excited and looking forward to seeing everyone "REEL SOON!!!"
 TropicAnna
Msg: 13
Posted: 6/1/2011 11:39:08 AM
Hello my name is Anna, 48 yrs old. I am looking forward to the event. I am interested in sharint a kyak with someone experienced, as I do not have any of that nature.

Thanks,

Tropicanna in tallahassee.....Anna
 RedRam360
Msg: 14
Posted: 6/1/2011 3:23:19 PM
I'll share a kayak with you Anna : )

Any updates on the BBQ?

Jon
 sandflower
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 6/7/2011 3:31:41 PM
If this is the same Econfina creek that I have been down many times before esp as a teenager.....the current will carry you down without alot of work. The water is ice cold tho. Some of the other springs you do have to do alot of paddling. Not sure if I'm going yet.
 classie3
Msg: 16
Posted: 6/8/2011 9:00:30 AM
~ It's getting CLOSER ~ are you getting READY?

Weeelll Mike ~ about the clothes being optional ....... I dont think I will touch that one .... "CLOTHES are required..... but several will most likely be getting wet..." that is about all I can report on... lol

I do agree with the current does flow pretty well and helps carry you along... so mostly just guiding the boats - REMEMBER - it is only a 3 mile trip -
SO come on out for a day of FUN FUN FUN FUN - this is where some "reel matching up happens" when you work together as a group to see each others character under pressure and while relaxing and enjoying outdoor activities...also shows physical abilities and limitations which are important in some relationships -
SO LET's GO FISHING and you never know what may develope
Hope to see you there!!!!
 FLYTRAP9
Msg: 17
Posted: 6/11/2011 4:19:32 AM
hello now it worked. I have my own boat and can i use it there? Is there a place to put it in and out, if not can i come to the buffet and not the river? I signed up so let me know. ty Dave:
 stillawinner
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2011 3:06:02 PM
You can call the phone number listed in the event notes, but more than likely you can take your own canoe or kayak.
 shyloco
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 6/12/2011 4:43:54 PM
Hope ya'll have another one later in the summer. I will be out of town for a family reunion that weekend. Have a canoe just will need someone to help paddle. Have fun hope to make the next one.
 shyloco
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 6/12/2011 4:45:40 PM
They charge a small amount to launch from the livery.
 YDM_YourDreamMan
Msg: 21
Posted: 6/15/2011 2:59:18 PM
Would love to be there, but getting my children for the summer the weekend before. Keep me in mind for future events. I'll be free, August 1st.
 griffithross
Msg: 22
Posted: 6/15/2011 6:22:37 PM
Are you kidding me, you must have had a 100,000 offers by now, probably as far away as Russia. Who can blame them. Hold out you'll get more. BT you are too young for me, BUT still.
 Flbelle29
Msg: 23
Posted: 6/19/2011 2:35:06 AM
Hi yall', This party sounds great--kudoes! Can't do the canoe trip so--approximate time of the barbeque? Pay in advance? I have a truck (yeah, that kind of gal!) so I can haul if need be. . . . See ya' there! Belle
 Flbelle29
Msg: 24
Posted: 6/19/2011 2:41:29 AM
Jim, I'm doing barbeque only too--have a heart cath coming up. Small world, huh! Happy healing! Belle
 femalegender
Msg: 25
Posted: 6/20/2011 6:30:35 PM
Hmmm might be fun...I have canoed many times.... I will need a partner...male or female is fine of course.
Show ALL Forums  > Florida  > CANCELED ~ June 25th ~ Kayak / Canoe Trip ~ BBQ ~“Getting Physical” ~