Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Nearly 4 years here, I humbly submit my profile for another review      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 setuid
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Nearly 4 years here, I humbly submit my profile for another reviewPage 1 of 1    
I've revised and revised and revised, and can't figure out why my pond is empty of any fish.

Review and critique, please... and keep in mind that no criticism of my profile is too harsh, and I absolutely won't take any of it personally.

Dig away!

HalftimeDad
Msg: 2
Nearly 4 years here, I humbly submit my profile for another review
Posted: 5/24/2011 11:39:26 AM
Good pics. Decent profile.

Couple of things: You're looking to "hang out" and "want to date, but nothing serious." Yet we read in your profile, "I'm seeking someone who excudes that passion that can melt the paint off the walls from opposite sides of the room. Someone who instinctively craves reaching out to tangle fingers together, craves human contact and loves to be loved. Someone with substance, depth and an undying intensity for life."

That (and other things you've written) seem a little more intimate than hanging out. You should probably figure out what you want and have your profile reflect that.

You also seem a little high maintenance. Even an triathlete might be a little disturbed that you expect a woman to meekly follow along with whatever activity you want to do. You can't look for a confident woman, yet also expect her to go along with what you consider to be an active lifestyle. You come across as a guy who will pout if the woman who goes to the gym and running with you won't go rock climbing.

In a nutshell, the profile as it stands is self contradictory in several ways.
 hoopsnhikes
Msg: 3
Nearly 4 years here, I humbly submit my profile for another review
Posted: 5/24/2011 1:10:16 PM
In my opinion you have many things that are way too "deep" for a profile, including interests of "touching you" and "deep passionate kisses", and the whole paragraph about melting paint and tangling fingers.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Nearly 4 years here, I humbly submit my profile for another review