Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Review Please      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Draco_Tattoo
Msg: 1
Review PleasePage 1 of 1    
I like mine but can always use input. Went with an idea I saw, expounded on it a bit. Looking specifically for womens input. I have fairly good success but am not finding the quality of women I would like.
 TigerLamb
Msg: 2
Review Please
Posted: 5/29/2011 7:46:36 PM
I like it. It's creative.

But some small things would make it better.

Would like to see a photo with a smile and without a hat.

Put two hyphens after "Dateline." That would more resemble what newspapers do.

Run it through a grammar and spelling checker.

Because you're not getting the quality of women you'd like, maybe it would help to use the profile to describe what you're looking for in a woman.
 Draco_Tattoo
Msg: 3
Review Please
Posted: 5/30/2011 3:50:01 AM
Thanks for the input. Implemented as suggested.

Pic is from tonight before going out playing.
 Irish Eyez
Msg: 4
Review Please
Posted: 5/30/2011 9:00:25 AM
For a main pic, dress up a little. Try an open-necked dress shirt with a collar, as thus far, you're mainly in t-shirts.
 You go first
Msg: 5
Review Please
Posted: 5/30/2011 9:11:04 PM
The profile is fun, for sure, but the description of who you are hoping to meet is so vague no wonder you're not getting the results you were hoping for. I'm sure in your mind you knew exactly what you meant, but, well, girls are different.

Are you looking for a woman who will push your chicken-ass out the window of that plane if you get last minute jitters? Are you looking for a woman that knows the difference between a torque wrench and a tire iron? (hellloooooo!) Little clues done with humour will help someone figure out if they meet your idea of a match.

Or - you can continue writing to women YOU find interesting.
 Draco_Tattoo
Msg: 6
Review Please
Posted: 6/2/2011 11:06:01 PM
Got the pic you suggested Irish

You go ... I guess I don't know how to explain it ... I've met so many women that are just hum-drum about life nothing really excites them ... I thought the "lust for life" explained it.

BTW what the hell is a torque wrench? I have a tailor that takes care of that crap for me.

Updated a bit about my job ... didn't occur to me that women would prefer someone that came home happy from work each day (gleaned that while reading these forums).

Anything else?

Thanks,

Bryan
 friendlykelownaguy
Msg: 7
Review Please
Posted: 6/3/2011 2:23:29 PM
Hey Draco,

The smile is the one thing notably lacking in your profile. As a guy who doesn't like to flash his teeth when he smiles I know it's hard to get a good picture with a smile on your face but it does make a difference... big time! I like your main profile picture and I think if you practice a smile in the mirror with that same shirt on you will have a winner.

Your profile is very interesting and playful but definitely take out the "above average woman" part something about it just doesn't ring right with me, the description of what you like in a woman is great.

That's all I have to say.

Cheers,

Friendly
 WorkPlayHaveFun
Msg: 8
Review Please
Posted: 12/1/2018 5:50:01 PM
Yes this is an old thread ... its when I first asked for a review ... 7 years ago. Helped quite a bit back then.

Now I'm in the over 40 crowd and find myself single, so would appreciate some input.

Thank you,

Bryan
 mahwahgirl339114
Msg: 9
Review Please
Posted: 12/1/2018 8:58:15 PM
So Bryan... how do you feel about meeting a girl from the East Coast? (That's me!)
You're good-looking, you have your life together, and you're smart (I've read your long post in the other thread). What more is there to ask for?
 WorkPlayHaveFun
Msg: 10
Review Please
Posted: 12/2/2018 5:47:12 AM
Howdy Mah,

Thank you for the kind words. I'm not opposed to meeting anyone, however; my main love language is personal touch, long distance makes that extremely difficult ;)

I got asked again yesterday if it was a fake profile. Since I don't actively seek out fake profiles to look at them I'm not sure if I'm doing something that is sending the wrong message, I added some of my secondary pictures to try and alleviate that.

I know its a busy time of the year. While people don't want to spend the holidays alone, they are too busy to spend much time looking for a date. Maybe that's the problem I'm running in to. I took a break after my last relationship and just came back recently.
 mahwahgirl339114
Msg: 11
Review Please
Posted: 12/2/2018 9:46:08 PM
I liked your other picture better as a main. You were looking at your reader with a warm smile. I don't know how other women feel, but I'm not into main pictures where the man looks away/looks disinterested. This is a dating profile, not a CK cologne ad - we're meeting someone and introducing ourselves (virtually).
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Review Please