Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  > Sounds revolting but oh so good      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Molly Maude
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Sounds revolting but oh so goodPage 1 of 1    
you know ... that DOES sound good ... I mean, in concept! I'd change a few things, of course ... cuz I change EVERYTHING ... but the CONCEPT of cabbage rolls inside-out is TERRIFIC ... brilliant!

I'm gonna have to try this one! thanks, sweetness-one!

right now, the grossest recipe I have that really tastes just great ... I got it from a friend and have already posted it on the "tamale pie" thread ... it's one of those dump in this, dump in that recipes with Dennison's canned chili con carne (chunky), Green Giant niblet corn, Lindsay sliced olives (drained) ... and a prepared package of cornbread mix! sounds awful ... but I like it, specially when I'm too tired to actually cook!
 RubyWaxxx
Msg: 3
Sounds revolting but oh so good
Posted: 6/2/2011 12:38:41 AM
This is what my daughter loves to eat when I'm too tired to cook.

You take a small to medium-sized sweet potato and nuke it in the microwave until cooked. Then you cut in in half length-ways and sprinkle grated cheese on top. Then you close the potato until the cheese has melted, open it up again and add slices of avocado and canned beetroot. Top with sour cream.

Well..someone else has got to like this. She can't be the only person in the world..
 jojoaus
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 6/2/2011 4:44:09 AM
Colcannon and champ. Irish. Cabbage and potato pie!!

Steam/boil the spuds. Mash with butter. Add in fried spring onions (the green ones... scallions??? ). I add in cubed fried bacon to the mash. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm Fry off lots of savoy cabbage with a lil brown onion, then add water to steam til tender. Put cabbage into a baking dish and top with potato mix. My preference when serving is for gravy on the mash and mint sauce on the cabbage. Disgustingly good!!

PS read years ago that people who ate cabbage <x3 a week were wealthier and had more sex... just sayin' :D
 FyrKrakn
Msg: 6
Posted: 6/4/2011 8:54:25 AM
Soooo, it's a cracker bulgogi. Oh, that'd be racist. LOL

I love bulgogi, but have to limit my beef because of too much iron, I wonder how this would be with ground turkey, or shredded chicken or thick fish fillets, stuffed?
 RubyWaxxx
Msg: 7
Posted: 6/4/2011 1:18:59 PM
^^Maybe turkey, but chicken or fish would cook too fast, don't you think?
 FyrKrakn
Msg: 8
Posted: 6/4/2011 1:39:11 PM
You can always precook the cabbage, I steam my spring roll ingedients and chill before wrap and fry.
 TooShadows
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 6/12/2011 2:32:57 PM
I couldn't begin to post a recipe,but the good old Polish Blood Sausage,or "Kiska" my Grandmother used to make. She emigrated from Poland and lived on a farm in Saskatchewan during the 20's to 40's,so everything was made from scratch,including collecting the blood when butchering a hog to cleaning the intestines herself. When I was young I used to invite my friends over to my grandparents for dinner,and they always said as long as I wouldn't make them eat blood sausage. Of course they never knew that they were actually eating it until I told them days later. There's only actually just enough blood used to hold the stuffing together,and the main things in the stuffing were onikons,potatoes and rice. I still love it when I can get it.
 leadpipe1958
Msg: 11
Posted: 6/15/2011 7:49:28 PM
I do A similar dish.It is poor mans stuffed peppers.Add all the ingredients to stuffed peppers but fry it all in a pan.
My contribution is cottage cheese and potato chips as a dip. YUMMMMM
Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  > Sounds revolting but oh so good