Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > How can I get him to forgive me /atleast talk to me      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 2
How can I get him to forgive me /atleast talk to mePage 1 of 1    
while I can understand his anger I cannot condone it.
You tired to jump on the grenade and it didn't work.

Wait till the whole job thing shakes out and simmers down till
you try to talk to him further. Maybe nothing will happen.
If it does, when it is over, he may be in a better mood.

Can't "make" him get over it.
He's just gonna have to on his own.
 JP1111
Msg: 3
How can I get him to forgive me /atleast talk to me
Posted: 6/8/2011 10:29:03 PM
First of all to begin with, we are all 100% responsible for what we do. It's commonly believed that we share 50/50 of the blame for everything but, seeing your own 100% and seing it makes a lot easier to explain yourself and to explain why you did that.

So I would ask you, what were you 100% responsible for?

HIS share of the blame is his to face. It's always hard to face your 100% but, it's the b est way to confront life :)
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 6/9/2011 3:42:32 AM
All you can do is wait for him to deal with his own anger in his own way. The best thing for you to do, is to LET him do that, but giving him space away from you.

He's angry with himself, and yelling at you for your part of the situation. The supervisor was completely correct, as were the other posters who said that you are both 100% responsible for the choices you made, and that especially for security guards, to switch from doing your job, to being an emotional councilor for a friend, means THE JOB HE WAS PAID TO DO WASN'T GETTING DONE. When he calms down, if he is a real grown up, he'll realize this is all correct, and will stop blaming you.

Just leave him be.
 _TALL_IQ2_
Msg: 8
Posted: 6/9/2011 7:16:54 AM
So what would be the best recommendation in what to do to get him to forgive me? and please don't say Sex or anything sexual as we are both not like that

You can't speak for another persons feelings, especially a guy who you SAY has risked his job for you..

It appears since you can drive an imaginary car, maybe you can wave your wand and make your mental breakdown go away and your "friend" forgive you, and all will live happily ever after..

When you decide to further your education as your dad may have been insisting, then you may come to understand how to treat people better and not just pressure your "friend" to put up with whatever moods you are in at risk of his job...
 JP1111
Msg: 9
Posted: 6/9/2011 8:49:43 AM

i believe im the one whose more at fault then he was

You're doing great! Even though it does not matter at all who's MORE at fault.

i shouldn't have done on the day that he works

I should of told him to tell the supervisor that i was there

pulling it into the underground assuming it was okay to be there

i should of asked the supervisors myself instead of just believing what i was told

Now you're getting it and can see who you could talk to to fix what you did “wrong” or could have done “better”!

There is of course no guarantee that even acting on your 100% things will work out in your favour but at leasr now you know where you should act upon!

Good luck
 daynadaze
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 6/9/2011 9:58:14 AM
You and your friend both did something at work that you knew not to do but since you were having a meltdown it was okay'd by both of you. I'd say the bigger part was on you, since you were the one who was out of control. But you both knew this was against company policy. You took the bullet, although it doesn't sound like your supervisor fell for that, but anyway you did your part since you were the bigger problem, after all the guy was at work, you were the one who said you should go but you didn't and what was he suppose to do???, why didn't you just go and let him work? Really, are you that much more important than his income, or your own income? Get a grip, grow up, your job is not a place to have any kind of a meltdown. Sorry, that's the facts of life.

He's pissed, who wouldn't be, and I'm sure he feels he was in a no win situation, what with you all emotionally over reacting and all, so leave him alone. You apologized, now live up to your apology and stop making a nuisance of yourself. And never do this to anyone again. If you are going to get that upset, over whatever it was, that you would put not only your job in danger but that of a friend's, then you need to learn some coping techniques. What was he suppose to do with you all over wrought like that, turn you away? Don't put people in that position, you have more than enough personal control than to go there.
 VacationGuy234
Msg: 12
Posted: 6/9/2011 1:09:57 PM
If the guy didn't lose his job, he will get over it. Just say hi to him when you seem him and let it go.
 safebetinvegas
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2011 7:57:56 PM
Good grief...

You know it, other posters have written it and I'll say it:

Overly Melodramatic, low EQ (emotional intelligence), needy and possibly codependent.

Honestly, being with your friend at work (security WAS an issue) when you were off-duty was ridiculous.
 SHS24
Msg: 15
Posted: 12/22/2014 11:12:06 PM
Aside from your horrible story telling and sentence structure, you are right. You are the one to blame and should have been terminated on sight.
 awesomefiftyman
Msg: 16
Posted: 12/22/2014 11:24:28 PM

shs24
Aside from your horrible story telling and sentence structure, you are right. You are the one to blame and should have been terminated on sight.

^ What shs24 said.
 awesomefiftyman
Msg: 17
Posted: 12/22/2014 11:26:52 PM
Plus it seems you should maybe stay out of his life.
Or at least don't use him to cry on his shoulders.
Suck it up.
Get some thick skin.
It's a dog-eat-dog world out there.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > How can I get him to forgive me /atleast talk to me