Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > The Weiner scandal and the Duggars....      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 motown cowgirl
Msg: 3
The Weiner scandal and the Duggars....Page 1 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
breaking news: dickwad just resigned.

ya see, there's hope for the world yet.

next job opportunity:
- starting a facebook fan page (show us your throbbing package --> "like")
- hanging condoms on hillary's christmas tree
- tweeting for Hillshire Farms (go meat!)
- new reality TV show: "who wants to date a douchebag?" or... "what's your major malfunction?"
- state fair freak show: which weiner is weiner's?
- part-time adjunct professor of ethics for an online university
- writing press releases for failed politicians: "i will resign, BUT YOU WILL BLOW ME FIRST!!!"
 viper1j
Msg: 5
The Weiner scandal and the Duggars....
Posted: 6/16/2011 12:17:46 PM
breaking news:d!ckwad just resigned.

ya see, there's hope for the world yet.

That's sad beyond words...

Anyone that thinks he should resign, should run out and join the nearest convent. So he talked dirty, So he tried to get laid.

SO WHAT?

I smell jealousy in the air.

The last time I checked, it was NOT illegal to try to get laid.

Breaking News!: Recent research has proven conclusively that it's not even illegal to actually get laid, let alone to try. This is what happens when people have too much time on their hands, and no life.

REALLY? Yet ANOTHER Duggar? I'm probably being judgemental here as it's a second child to the oldest son.......and no wrong in wanting a family. I wish them well but hope they will STOP!

(Monty Hall mode ON) "Ok Carol, behind door #2 we have a guy that did exactly what the guy behind door #1 was trying to do, so which door are you gonna choose?"
 kari135
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 6/16/2011 1:48:03 PM

Anyone that thinks he should resign, should run out and join the nearest convent. So he talked dirty, So he tried to get laid.

SO WHAT?

The last time I checked, it was NOT illegal to try to get laid.

Breaking News!: Recent research has proven conclusively that it's not even illegal to actually get laid, let alone to try. This is what happens when people have too much time on their hands, and no life.

People's private lives shouldn't impact their jobs, with a few exceptions involving criminal behavior. However, any politician at the national level who is dumb enough to think he can do what he wants online and keep it private (right, on a social networking site?) is just too stupid to be responsible for decisions that impact the nation.
 motown cowgirl
Msg: 7
Posted: 6/16/2011 2:04:19 PM

oh blah blah, what part of "arrogant, unscrupulous, unethical, self-absorbed, and completely self-serving" escapes you? what part of "what else would he lie about" went right over your head? oh but you think it's okay because "trying to get laid" isn't illegal and "it doesn't impact his job". it's too bad that the only things you think should constrain a person's behavior who is in such a position of power & influence & public service are explicit statements of illegality and whether he ever actually succeeding in getting some strange. and it's revealing that that you could actually suggest with a straight face that a person's character will not have a direct impact on WHAT HE DOES and WHAT HE WILL ATTEMPT TO GET AWAY WITH when nobody is looking.

mmmok
 matchlight
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 6/16/2011 2:16:33 PM

I am not surprised that you support the distinguished ex-representative from New York.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 6/16/2011 2:22:15 PM
I think...."meh."

Egotistical people with an overgrown sense of entitlement have been around forever. "Moral" politicians have done at least as much damage to my life, as have "immoral" ones.

Lying, or at least modifying the facts to appeal to the most voters, has always seemed to be a required skill for anyone to GET into public office. Although I would PREFER that they all lead honest lives across the board, I don't even know that many "regular" folks, who tell the truth all the time. So I guess I've reached the point where I don't have the energy to work to kick out every politician who lies about something, especially since I've been around long enough to have seen many a "moral leader" prove to be just bas bad as the one's they criticize.

Remember when the GOP was wasting our tax dollars trying to force Clinton out of office over his dalliances? And remember how it turned out that the House GOP LEADER was having an affair with HIS helpers as well, in the halls of Congress, AS he was posturing about Clinton? He's STILL in office, and is actually running for the GOP Presidential nomination. The GOP has no complaints against him for his immorality, only for failing to lock-step support their "radical conservative" of the week.

As for the giant family on TV, I'm glad they found a way to turn that into a form of income. I just wish I could figure out how to get enough people to watch MY silly life on TV, that I could pack the bucks away too.

I just have too much REAL life to deal with to care about those bits of nonsense.
 viper1j
Msg: 10
Posted: 6/16/2011 2:43:43 PM
I am not surprised that you support the distinguished ex-representative from New York.

So speaks Mother Superior M and Cardinal M

So how's that convent thing working for ya?

Jealousy is a terrible thing to waste..
 wvwaterfall
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 6/16/2011 2:47:01 PM
On the one hand, it certainly IS sad that we're more concerned with the private lives of our elected representatives than their positions on the pressing matters of the day. I've known many a professional who was a master of their craft yet made poor personal choices. I don't vote for someone because they're the candidate I'd feel most comfortable with married to my sister. I vote for the best person to decide on the many important issues facing the country.

On the other hand, the current political reality is that running for office means you no longer have a private life, and every candidate knows this. Many a potentially fine candidate has chosen not to run because of the warped priorities of the voting public. So whenever a situation like this happens it's hard to be sympathetic. I don't think pot should be illegal, but it is and I want to keep my job, so I don't smoke pot.

Flirting online shouldn't have any bearing on one's ability to serve in congress, but it does, and Wiener knew that.

It irks me that this is the headline story while the senate elimating ethanol subsidies, a new study shows the Rockies have had less snowpack in the past thirty years than any time in the last 800 years, and our strategies in Libya and Syria are back page news.

But that's the crazy country we've become.

Dave
 RubyWaxxx
Msg: 12
Posted: 6/16/2011 2:56:55 PM
^^I dunno, "flirting online"- or sending photos of your package - whether you're married or single (and Weiner is married), is tacky, exhibitionist, weird..and even stupid.
How could he stay in politics? Everyone would laugh at him every time he opened his mouth.
 viper1j
Msg: 13
Posted: 6/16/2011 3:19:58 PM

How could he stay in politics? Everyone would laugh at him every time he opened his mouth.

But, as long as he doesn't open his fly, there should be no issue.

What's most sad, is that at some point, a really big chunk of this country turned into Gladys Kravitz from Bewitched.
 mrconcertlover
Msg: 14
Posted: 6/16/2011 3:27:31 PM
WHAT DID HE SAY??????

i heard one of the Winer hecklers distictly yell this question......

DO YOU HAVE MORE THAN 7 INCHES!!!

it's true i heard it but no one has decoded what else the heckler was yelling as Weiner continued to speak.
 daffie
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 6/16/2011 4:02:02 PM
is there something in the water...what's with new york politicians and their public sexual fetishes?

anyway "little" anthony,
in this tumultuous time, thank you for all the laughs over the past few weeks.
you are a world wide comedians' godsend,
so they will all be very sorry to see you resign.

letterman last night nailed it with his "new rules for the congressmen picnic at the white house".
hysterically funny...
 FrankNStein902
Msg: 17
Posted: 6/16/2011 4:02:34 PM
On one hand you have a politician who makes his living off of the peoples taxes, who has exhibited the fact that he has no character beyond that of a cat in heat, while his own wife is PREGNANT, and is so STUPID and ARROGANT that he thought that nobody would find out about his "indiscretions", and it is that particualar mindset that we now are supposed to TRUST to make the right decisions at a very volatile time in our countries history................. This is the type of judgement making level that some want running the country.

So based on that I guess you are saying you voted for Obama and not McCain.

Or did you think it was ok to vote for someone cheated on his first wife and then he married his Gf, then to in turn cheated on her while is second wife was being treated for cancer, then to marry his 3rd wife.

Or, where you willing to look past that because of his political affiliation?

On the other hand, you have a guy who just had a second child, with the only wife he has ever had........... and is not living off of the peoples taxes.

Not so fast there.

They actually do not pay taxes, they do everything under the guise of their church, which includes their house, and pay little to no taxes.

REALLY? Yet ANOTHER Duggar? I'm probably being judgemental here as it's a second child to the oldest son.......and no wrong in wanting a family. I wish them well but hope they will STOP!

Yes, aren't the Duggar's cute? Raising dozens of soldiers for Christ. If they achieve their goals, say goodbye to religious freedom in this country, civil rights for gays, equal treatment for women, separation of church and state, and teaching about evolution in the schools.

The fact that their crazy plan has zero chance of succeeding doesn't change the fact that the goal of these nutbars is to turn this country into a fundamentalist Christian theocracy. And they don't seem to care if a baby or the mother dies in the process.

So if they where a muslim family I bet you there would be a huge sh*t storm around them., but they are just crazy christians that have political aspirations.

BTW, someone tell that lady it is a vagina not a clown car.

But that's the crazy country we've become.

The GOP's job is not to do anything but make sure that Obama fails, which is the saddest part. They spend all their time and energy just trying to block anything from getting done unless it includes tax breaks for the rich.
 daynadaze
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 6/16/2011 4:23:02 PM

Jealous of what?
 daffie
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 6/16/2011 4:38:09 PM
^^eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!...
how could anyone be jealous of that "silly sausage"?...
 *Just Jim*
Msg: 21
Posted: 6/16/2011 4:50:05 PM

how could anyone be jealous of that "silly sausage"?

And all those misguided wimins he fooled in think that.....hummmmm thinking to get what ? lol
 wisguyingb
Msg: 22
Posted: 6/16/2011 4:52:07 PM

senate elimating ethanol subsidies

Good! I hate ethanol. It's a killer of small and marine engines. It's hard to find filling stations around here that sell ethanol free fuels, but I know which ones do and they get all of my business.
 matchlight
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 6/16/2011 5:30:22 PM

not to do anything but make sure that Obama fails, which is the saddest part. They spend all their time and energy just trying to block anything from getting done

I think anything we can do to hinder this president not only is not sad, but it's cause for rejoicing. He is a Marxist who loathes this country and its constitution, and he wants to make them unrecognizable. This ex-congressman is cut from the same cloth. He was also an enemy of freedom, and good riddance to him.

The Constitution was *designed* to create a federal government which has a hard time getting things done. Why? Because a limited central government, in which each branch vies with and checks the other two, can't easily violate the rights of the states and the people. That's why totalitarians hate the idea. Making it easy to get things done is for dictatorships--the major domo just gives orders, and no one has to be consulted.
 viper1j
Msg: 25
Posted: 6/16/2011 6:09:45 PM

They could have another dozen kids for all I care, so long as my tax dollar isn't paying for them.

Ahh.. But they do! Don't you know what daddy Duggar does? He works for the government.
 FrankNStein902
Msg: 28
Posted: 6/16/2011 6:25:29 PM

Then you wrote:
"Yes, aren't the Duggar's cute? Raising dozens of soldiers for Christ. If they achieve their goals, say goodbye to religious freedom in this country, civil rights for gays, equal treatment for women, separation of church and state, and teaching about evolution in the schools."

They have really good anti-psychotic drugs for the type of paranoia that the statement above seems to exhibit. Now you are worried that they are going to take the country over.......... and you don't even live in this country.

and then I wrote: (which apparently you either missed or purposely neglectful to mention)
The fact that their crazy plan has zero chance of succeeding doesn't change the fact that the goal of these nutbars is to turn this country into a fundamentalist Christian theocracy. And they don't seem to care if a baby or the mother dies in the process.

So if they where a muslim family I bet you there would be a huge sh*t storm around them., but they are just crazy christians that have political aspirations.

Which again, my point would be, if is was a muslin family it would be a complete sh*t storm of the sky is falling and our precious pretend made up BS values would all go down the drain.

I think anything we can do to hinder this president not only is not sad, but it's cause for rejoicing. He is a Marxist who loathes this country and its constitution, and he wants to make them unrecognizable. This ex-congressman is cut from the same cloth. He was also an enemy of freedom, and good riddance to him.

I guess that is why the stock market is doing to well and corporate profits are through the roof, must be all those Marxist policies.
 CVR_advocate
Msg: 30
Posted: 6/16/2011 6:54:54 PM
The biggest irony with Weiner is he passed laws specifically to "protect" minors from "online predators." He is just another Mark Foley, Larry Craig, and Rob Blagojavich, all clowns who got busted doing the very things they crusaded against.
 FrankNStein902
Msg: 31
Posted: 6/16/2011 7:05:43 PM
Actually, if it were a muslim family, our politically correct press wouldn't say anything about it at all........ored the media attantion tat . an example, you ask: Go to Dearborn, Michigan.

Well I had to look it up and seems to prove my point:

As it is a very good example of bigots and racist getting their panties in a bunch over nothing.

Seeing how you now are the economics genius, how do the unemployment numbers jive with everything doing so well..........................

Well I am no economic genius, but I do know that when you give taxes breaks to the people with all the money (with the promise that it will create jobs) and since then there are fewer jobs, that maybe the whole trickle down thing is complete bullsh*t made up to screw the little guy.

So it sounds to me like corporate America is responsible for taking those jobs away, not the government, as I have heard many people say that the government does not create jobs, the private sector does.

So when you look at the private sector and see that things have never been better, yet the regular worker is getting screwed I would say the government is not to blame.

The grand irony of the Weiner scandal is that is people actually took the time to find out, many of those politicians they put o high on those mantels they might just find much of the same and much worse stuff.

Did Weiner impregnate one of his salves?

Did he give his law partner a baby carriage as a gift to celebrate the birth of his law partners daughter and then 20 some years later marry that girl?

The hypocrisy is almost as laughable as the pretend rage.
 viper1j
Msg: 32
Posted: 6/16/2011 7:07:52 PM
Jealous of what?

Jealous of his super powers? Some people here think he's half a heart beat from being a God, yet he uses his magical powers to score chicks instead of bringing us all world peace.

He's just a man, like any other man. Nobody elected him God. He wasn't elected Reverend Wiener. He wasn't elected Rabbi Wiener. He was elected Congressman Wiener. If this was a priest, the outrage might make marginal sense, but this was just a guy, looking to get laid. Believe it or not, at this very moment, it's happening all over the world.
 forumfishie
Msg: 34
Posted: 6/16/2011 7:38:04 PM
"Jealous of what??"

I'm jealous!
I wish I can come back as a man then ..................

I want to get paid to stand around all day
semi naked and sometimes naked
taking pictures of my scrawny, pale body and junk too with my iphone
and I want to sit around all day e-mailing chicks half my age
who have no interest in me,
all this while my wife is pregnant,
until one day I get caught and I have to resign and leave the room while people shout at me "pervert".

Yeah, that sounds like a great life!
I'm so jealous I'm not him!!

What a waste of space and money
Good Riddance!
He MUST see something completely different than
the rest of the world when he looks in the mirror
 viper1j
Msg: 35
Posted: 6/16/2011 7:52:57 PM

I want to get paid to stand around all day
semi naked and sometimes naked
taking pictures of my scrawny, pale body and junk too with my iphone
and I want to sit around all day e-mailing chicks half my age
who have no interest in me,
all this while my wife is pregnant,
until one day I get caught and I have to resign and leave the room while people shout at me "pervert".

Yeah, that sounds like a great life!
I'm so jealous I'm not him!!

But you forgot about all his neat super powers..
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > The Weiner scandal and the Duggars....