Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Why come on here if you don't have time?????      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 U make it entertaining
Msg: 6
Why come on here if you don't have time?????Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
This is the third thread you started in 1.5 hours.

Are you board?

People if you have enough enough time to sit at the computer all day on this site then why don't you have time to go out on a simple date and have some fun......my gosh!

Because I just don't go out with anyone.
You better be worth it.

Are you?
 femaleconnection
Msg: 9
Why come on here if you don't have time?????
Posted: 6/23/2011 4:07:47 PM
When people are interested enough, they make the time. Thats one rule more people should try to remember, we all do this....some are more interested in more people than others is all.
 justoursecret
Msg: 24
Posted: 6/24/2011 9:43:42 PM
Sometimes people are just wishy-washy and hesitant with the aspect of actually meeting up. *ummm, maybe it's too soon, maybe just a couple more emails--ten emails later*

Sometimes people may very well be attention seeking on here.
*oOoo, he/she sure seems attentive, wonder if he/she will comment on the last photo I posted*

Sometimes people overly analyze what a simple meetup is intended for. *oh gawd, do I dress casual, my best date wear, oh no, daytime meet means, evening meet means*

Sometimes people are afraid of being rejected or just as challenging, be the one doing the rejecting. *uh-oh, I hope he/she likes me and wth do I say if I realize I don't like them*

You might never know what's transpiring in a person's thinking or reason for acting.

Personally, I make my mind up fairly easily--generally, by third email, I've developed a feel of the person's tone.

Perhaps include directional speech in your emails:
*When we meet in a week or so..
*I'm most comfortable at this coffee shop..
*I like to walk around this park..

If a person has some idea of the time frame which you prefer to meet in, along with the setting or atmosphere, they might be able to imagine getting on board with you.

It's just a thought.
 justoursecret
Msg: 28
Posted: 6/26/2011 1:39:29 AM
Nasty remarks come from those lacking respect and if they vanish when you make mention of meeting day, then for sanity reasons, it was worth their disappearance.

I suggested this type of speech because it seemingly moves things along without being pushy and it sure saves a whole lotta time, which of course, many of us value a great deal.

Personally, I'm not someone who strings along another for simple entertainment; if I'm not comfortable, or I'm not feeling a "draw" to that person, it's in my best interest to say so.
 ekw1234
Msg: 29
Posted: 6/26/2011 5:34:58 PM
Oh my goodness people, nobody should be shedding any tears about a romance that did not take off. Just because it is online dating it does not mean it is magic. If you are so emotionally fragile that a few conversations with someone online get you so attached that you are heartbroken when they withdraw their attention, then you are not well enough to date. You need to work on yourself, stabilize, maybe get on some meds and in a couple of years or so try again.
 IcarusWings
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 6/27/2011 8:59:02 AM
I was on this site before, and I deleted my profile for that very reason, I had too many responsibilities and couldnt actively seek a relationship on here and partly because I ended up finding someone offline lol.

I owe it to myself now that I am single to devote time to actively find a relationship. Its all about a person's commitment. Perhaps some people come on here because they have self esteem issues and they want to see if they can still pique someone's interest. There may even be some people who have a really busy life and sit at a desk from 9-5 but after work hours they dont have any time to commit to a serious relationship due to all their responsibilites. I do think that if that is the case however, they should be upfront about it.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Why come on here if you don't have time?????