Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Ok, what am I missing?!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Skotch
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Ok, what am I missing?!Page 1 of 1    
You have an... "interesting" look in your only picture. Combine that with your first sentence and I remember you only cringing. Just the fact that you mentioned that you're not all that enthused about being on this might make women think that either you think you're too good for them or that you are too good for them, either of which is too bad for you.

"Anything else you want to know, get in touch."
This is apparently a no-no I read on another thread. Guess you're not supposed to remind them that they indeed can email you on free dating website because that's abundantly obvious.

Other than that it looks decent, but get more pictures, at least one of you not cringing in the main picture.
 Brandonchick
Msg: 4
Ok, what am I missing?!
Posted: 7/1/2011 1:26:02 PM
I thought it was decently put together! I don't think the profile picture is that bad but maybe you should put more of them up. Also, you should include some interests in your description because there isn't really anything for a girl to start chatting with you about based on what is there right now (other than the lame, "you look cute :P" haha).
Also it may be a good idea to get rid of some of the "its come to this" statements... right now it is coming off as if you couldn't really be bothered to put in effort because you aren't really into it. Anyways... best of luck to you!
 BlkHwks07
Msg: 5
Ok, what am I missing?!
Posted: 7/1/2011 2:30:35 PM
I would suggest changing your answer to whether you want children. If you honestly aren't sure, there is an option for 'Undecided' (I use it), but 'Prefer not to say' usually gives the impression that either 1) you're hiding something or 2) you'll just agree with whatever she says to get her to like you. At least that's what I've heard.

I would also suggest getting a little more specific about one or two of your interests. Everyone likes movies, music, food and traveling. Take a paragraph to talk about something specific that a woman might be able to relate to.

Finally, I would get rid of the 'not desperate' line. It kind of makes you seem like you would avoid commitment. Just say something about how you're content being single but open to meeting the right person, or something like that.

Hope some of this helps. Good luck!
 more_22
Msg: 6
Ok, what am I missing?!
Posted: 7/1/2011 2:36:42 PM
Your profile looks fine.

More pictures. Full body shots! Girls love it! Good luck on your seach :)
 getanet
Msg: 7
Ok, what am I missing?!
Posted: 7/1/2011 2:43:44 PM
Pretty good, but the last part about having to "give you a nudge" to contact people I would definitely lose. If you cannot be bothered to return their initial mssg in a reasonable time, what does that say for future communications? You either have time for this (and the person you may eventually meet) or not. I know gals LOVE it when you don't return their texts or e-mails.
 psytle
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Ok, what am I missing?!
Posted: 7/11/2011 8:25:16 AM
Psst.

It is spelled "sites", not "sights".
 RachaelReverie
Msg: 12
Ok, what am I missing?!
Posted: 7/11/2011 9:22:03 AM
I would add more photos, add more interests. :)

Photos can help get to know you from all angles type of thing. Shows what you enjoy as well!

As for the adding interests, you have general interests shown. Put some more so girls can see what they can possibly have in common with you right off the back. By adding more interests it also helps giving more to talk about within a conversation!
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Ok, what am I missing?!