Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  > What is a reasonable monthly payment for this medical bill?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 more_22
Msg: 1
What is a reasonable monthly payment for this medical bill?Page 1 of 1    
Ok. Long story short, I got very sick. Went to the hospital. NO medical insurance ( Insurance not starting til next month) Medical bills have arrived :( :( :(

Hospital bill - 7300. They are requesting 700/month and will only allow me 10 months to pay back. Which is ridiculous. ALOT! The original bill was 28,000 but they knocked off 80% of it since i applied for patient assistance. ( And i am very thankful for that)

I have other "seperate" medical bills to pay which add up to 5,000.

For the hospital bill, what would be a reasonable amount that I can pay back a month? Since obviously, i wont be able to afford 700/month!

Any advice!?
 FrankNStein902
Msg: 2
What is a reasonable monthly payment for this medical bill?
Posted: 6/30/2011 7:11:44 PM

Any advice!?

Vote Democrat.
 more_22
Msg: 3
Posted: 6/30/2011 7:13:15 PM
how does that help?
 MsMuscleChick
Msg: 4
Posted: 6/30/2011 7:41:49 PM
LOL Frank, Amen. Look into it OP.
 WalksOnWater2
Msg: 5
Posted: 6/30/2011 7:44:22 PM
Are you asking the forum what YOU can afford to pay a month?
 MsMuscleChick
Msg: 6
Posted: 6/30/2011 8:05:21 PM
LOL Shutter, Seriously. I was like she is kidding right??? Lord have mercy what the hell is going on here this evening???
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 7
Posted: 7/1/2011 6:53:22 AM
First, Hope this works for you..and gets that bill paid.

You can pay 5 bucks a month on a bill as long as it is every month..

USE your negotiation skills. Ask for the billing dept.
Call them..I can pay x amount a month.

They will take it.

Hospital bill - 7300. They are requesting 700/month and will only allow me 10 months to pay back. Which is ridiculous. ALOT! The original bill was 28,000 but they knocked off 80% of it since i applied for patient assistance. ( And i am very thankful for that)

I hope you are now "well".

I can't imagine any hospital admitting you without some insurance unless it was by ambulance and you were half dead.

Claim you are an illegal immigrant..That should help.

Reasonable payment..is what you can afford without starving.
Cut off that cell phone and cable.
Do without new shoes.

Pay your bills.
 leadpipe1958
Msg: 8
Posted: 7/1/2011 3:30:35 PM
Negotiate,I to have done my time and the bills can be outrageous.Hopefully you can contact some one that is reasonable and be honest.Tell them what you ARE willing to pay.Give them a figure so you can still live comfortably.If that does not work talk to your state representative they may have insurance programs that can help.
The dishonest thing to do is to hide you money and go on welfare,Not good. As a last straw threaten bankruptcy.Then no one gets paid.
Talk to the head person and you should come up with a common sense solution.Being pleasant always helps.
Good luck
 shakeitupbaby2012
Msg: 9
Posted: 7/1/2011 9:07:15 PM

First, Hope this works for you..and gets that bill paid.

You can pay 5 bucks a month on a bill as long as it is every month..

USE your negotiation skills. Ask for the billing dept.
Call them..I can pay x amount a month.

They will take it.

I hope you are now "well".

I can't imagine any hospital admitting you without some insurance unless it was by ambulance and you were half dead.

Claim you are an illegal immigrant..That should help.

Reasonable payment..is what you can afford without starving.
Cut off that cell phone and cable.
Do without new shoes.

Pay your bills.

Talk with a supervisor.
Get it in writing.
 UglyFroggieCritter
Msg: 10
Posted: 7/1/2011 9:30:32 PM
God may bless America, but I'm thankful I live in Canada.

OT

OP, contact the billing department and speak to someone in regards to lowering the monthly payment to something that you can honestly afford. Hopefully they will prefer a slower payment schedule rather than sending it to a collection agency.
 BlueEyedGuy1974
Msg: 11
Posted: 7/6/2011 5:57:47 PM
It's times like this when I'm glad I live in the great white north.

If I had a choice between a bill like that and death. I might be inclined to choose death.
 Twilightslove
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 7/7/2011 3:27:01 PM
Information from an insurance insider came to me via text today....Insurance companies screw you.

Beyond that offer the hospital what you can reasonably afford to pay them. I'm not sure how that discount works where you live although if you were in Texas those types of deals are only applicable if you are going to pay the bill in full right then and there.

Good Luck. One of the top reasons for bankruptcy is due to medical debt.
 RichenLosAngeles
Msg: 13
Posted: 7/22/2011 7:32:40 PM
OP, if you don't pay, what are they gonna do, report your stitches? Send them what you CAN afford, and be consistent.
 RichenLosAngeles
Msg: 14
Posted: 7/27/2011 1:09:30 PM
What a minute.
This is headline stuff.
Insurance Companies screw you .
Wow, where have you been for the last 50 years?
If insurance companies screw you, then why was our 2300 page healthcare bill signed at midnight, and we were not allowed to read it until AFTER passing it? Talk about a major screwing, , ,
Yes, you have to READ it, OK ??? Read your policy. Know what it covers, and what it does NOT cover. If you cannot understand the words, call them up and talk to someone.
Insurance companies are made of a bunch of people, like you and me.
Talk to someone.
Work it out.
You can do it.
 kasandroid
Msg: 15
Posted: 8/19/2011 5:13:35 PM
Start charging your POF dates, might as well get something out of being treated like garbage, hey maybe your last date is why you got really sick in the first place, if so, go sue him.
 Kevjohns
Msg: 16
Posted: 8/20/2011 3:55:13 PM
A hospital is entitled only to a REASONABLE fee for its services, unless you agreed to the price beforehand, you can challenge ANY medical bill as unreasonable and agree to pay only the REASONABLE and CUSTOMARY amount. So negotiate or tell them you agree to pay them only X amount because that is the fair value of their services. If they turn you over to collections, deny the claim. If they sue you, defend for unreasonable charges. If they hurt your credit rating, sue them for damages (if you can prove them. . that could be difficult). See how easy it is :-)
Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  > What is a reasonable monthly payment for this medical bill?