Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > humor  > left out of your profile??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 martian soup101
Msg: 1
left out of your profile??Page 1 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
What is the one thing that you deliberatly keep out of your profile? I recall an episode of Seinfeld where George figures out that his gut instinct is totally wrong in everything he does so he goes up to a hot woman and tells her that he is unemployed and living with his mother..etc. and she eats it up.
What is that one thing about you that all your friends know but you wouldnt want to put in your profile to show potential dates?

For me, its the fact that I am totally fascinated with the theory, not practice, of time travel. sure, Im a geek by nature, I read the comic books and love science fiction, but to say something like that in a profile sounds like I spend my weekends trying to infuse a flux capacator into a delorian so I can go back and tell myself that peeing my pants infront of the entire 3rd grade is not, in fact, going to be hilarious.
 Hesrunninwild
Msg: 2
view profile
History
left out of your profile??
Posted: 7/4/2011 6:07:50 PM
One thing, that's it? You only have ONE thing and it's time travel? Wow. I could think of hundreds, wait thousands, wait millions of things I deliberately keep out of my profile ! Heck and they all make time travel look like something great ! As a matter of fact I may add time travel to my profile just to distract them away from all the bad stuff I'm trying to hide!! Ok, ok I'm kiddin. Time travel, huh? That is...ummmm....out there !
Well I suppose now it's only fair that I dump some mud about myself. Ok, lets seeeee...hmmmmm...oooooo....aaaaaaaaaaaa. Wow the choices ! Well I surely can't talk about that one time I... Hey you almost got me !! You guys are sneeky ! Ok how about I say the best of the worse which would be....ummmmm...I like Star Trek ! How's that? Oh wait, I have a pic of McCoy, Spock, and Capt. Kurk in my pics. That may not be the surprise you hoped for, but that's all I'm coughing up. I'm not complete idiot...only partially ! Hey there ya go !!!! Happy?
 Skotch
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 7/5/2011 6:50:39 AM
Yah, time travel doesn't seem to be too odd, but I could see where coming from a gal's perspective it might seem... Big Bang Theory?

There are about 10 cats in the 2 bedroom apartment I live in. Only one of them are mine and a lot of them are fosters, but still... Something I keep out of my profile.
 GWSmith
Msg: 4
Posted: 7/8/2011 10:20:52 PM
I'm autistic and occasionally have a hard time expressing my real emotions.
 GWSmith
Msg: 5
Posted: 7/9/2011 10:15:22 AM
Oh you meant funny ones...

I have an odd clothing size and a flat butt. My pants are always falling down in the back even if I wear a belt. I constantly walk around pulling my pants up every 10-15 minutes.
 Molly Maude
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 7/11/2011 10:20:24 PM
one of my grandsons is a tall, skinny 11-year-old with NO BUTT at all ... he couldn't play with the other kids cuz he had to hang onto his pants to keep 'em up ... I took him to Surplus City, bought him suspenders which he wears UNDER his shirts!

I thot he'd keep his suspenders a secret but he told ALL the guys at school and now they're all wearing suspenders under their shirts as well ...

I never put that in my profile ...

bluenit64
Msg: 7
Posted: 7/12/2011 6:07:59 AM
ah thats pretty simple lol. the fact that the geek in me has come to love anything having to do with superheroes Marvel and DC alike, infact I have both a batman and superman shirt....there, I said it! lol hey everyone needs a hero.
 sskeeter
Msg: 8
Posted: 7/12/2011 9:09:56 PM
Well I have deliberately left out the fact that I am actually a mathematician.
I'm sure most can understand why.
 statesborocookie
Msg: 9
Posted: 7/13/2011 10:47:04 PM
I leave out the fact that I'm a huge fan of the Twilight Saga. hehe Most men roll their eyes and think, "Oh she's one of those!"
 GWSmith
Msg: 10
Posted: 7/14/2011 12:55:34 AM

Well I have deliberately left out the fact that I am actually a mathematician.
I'm sure most can understand why.

Because most men are afraid of smart women?
 jewelzasmiling
Msg: 11
Posted: 7/14/2011 5:40:45 PM

I leave out the fact that I'm a huge fan of the Twilight Saga. hehe Most men roll their eyes and think, "Oh she's one of those!"

Yep! So am I! Loved the books and the movies even more! Gotta luv sparkly vampires and werewolves!
 GWSmith
Msg: 12
Posted: 7/15/2011 8:38:41 PM
I'm also a superhero geek.... I play super hero themed MMOs...
 Molly Maude
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 7/18/2011 6:02:31 PM
oddly, I forgot to add that I've read all the "Harry Potter" books ... some of them several times ... own all the movies but the last two ... and am really looking forward to seeing the last film with a friend this week!!!

spent last weekend, re-re-re-watching ALL the movies ...

yay, Harry Potter! saviour of the illiterate ... (he's the reason several of my grandchildren learned to read!) ...
 somedayoneday
Msg: 14
Posted: 7/18/2011 6:38:38 PM
The fact that most jokes go completely over my head, yet I managed a 4.0 GPA and won some award for excellent academic achievement. Apparently I'm really smart. who knew. ...I can somehow manage to say something really really stupid, then in the same breath say something really really smart. I'm wired that way.
 Molly Maude
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 7/18/2011 11:28:08 PM
the talent to open your mouth and say something really intelligent ... followed immediately by saying something really stupid ... that's a talent I share! I think it's rare ... my Aunt Josie had it to a greater extent than I do so maybe it's a genetic thing ...

in my profile and in life in general, I sort of try to downplay the intellectual aspects and hope everyone just overlooks the really stupid stuff I say, based on previously expressed insights!

just read a profile that said he's looking for someone with clean, straight teeth ... now, THERE'S something he could have left out! (shrug) must have been important though!

karma1160
Msg: 16
Posted: 7/19/2011 6:01:56 AM
Somedayoneday: you must be my sister.
Yes I won the Presidents award for a 4.0 in science, but I sometimes think in actual terms so things can roll right by me. The people I work with, sometimes act serious and try to jokingly tell me, that I have to work overtime all week. I play clueless sometimes when I am listening to someone trying to tell me huge whoppers, because there are times I don't want to get into confrontations,.
I secretly have this racie and wry sense of humor.
I have this secret woman inside me that loves to flirt, with people I am dating, but I stifle myself, so people don't think I am just here for fun and games.
I am very
I have 500 books in my house and have books in every room. They are not on the floor though.
I live in a jungle, and am secretly looking for someone who likes to mow lawn.
 somedayoneday
Msg: 17
Posted: 7/19/2011 6:32:28 AM
molly maude and Karma:

I KNEW i had sisters out there someplace! hahahahaa...now that it's mentioned, yes, i have the gullible gene also to an extent. i can read people's faces and pick up on any slight movement of any facial feature and know most times when someone is playing around. sometimes they are so strait faced i can't tell. i too read everything and anything, and can hold a 40 minute conversation on blood types and how they are/are not compatible with each other, then in the next breath is able to come up some fully fabricated story just to get a reaction out of someone.
 Another_Gal
Msg: 18
Posted: 7/19/2011 7:23:02 AM
I play the accordion. I have some really cool pics of me doing so ... but I didn't think they would serve me very well in attracting the type of guy I'm looking for. And my YouTube channel gets a lot of traffic, but letting someone see me dance to the ******* song before meeting might be dangerous. (You didn't really think I was going to post the name of the song, did you???)
 raxarsr
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 7/19/2011 10:05:13 AM
you do the chicken dance huh?
 martian soup101
Msg: 20
Posted: 7/19/2011 1:36:54 PM
Not to mention that Im sure there are a lot of people on here who are in relationships or married and that doesnt seem like something to put on your profile for a dating website. me, Im taken. sorry ladies...and some gents if youre into that kinda thing.
 shakeitupbaby2012
Msg: 21
Posted: 7/19/2011 2:03:22 PM
I love the outdoors and 'guy-type' activities (fishing, hunting, sailing, kayaking, adventure sports, etc., yet I'm all girl.
Stick that in a profile and watch 'em run lol
 sprite0561
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 7/19/2011 5:43:27 PM
Hmmm....things I left out of my profile.....I did not mention my two dogs nor did I mention that I am a total geek or that I love Harry Potter too (glad to see fellow fans in here) as well as many comic book heros.

However, the one secret thing I did not mention in my profile is.......I am a messy toothbrusher. I can not possibly stray from the safety of the bathroom sink while brushing my teeth. I envy those people who can wander around the house while brushing their teeth. I can't do that. I can, however, hum while brushing my teeth.....

GWSmith
Msg: 23
Posted: 7/19/2011 6:38:56 PM
Well Sprite... most of the stains on my clothes are from brushing.
 martian soup101
Msg: 24
Posted: 7/27/2011 10:46:19 AM
not quite as weird as a messy toothbrusher.
 ChristySaysHi
Msg: 25
Posted: 7/27/2011 12:12:45 PM
OOo soo many things, such as.. i get annual check ups like, 4 times a year cause i'm paranoid and always think i'm dying.. that I apparently love to lock my keys in my car and drop my cell phones in pools, baths, toilets, puddles.. you know, those quirky things that make a girl a winner.. lol

Christy
Show ALL Forums  > humor  > left out of your profile??