Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > ***MMA, UFC, WEC, and REAL FIGHTING***      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 dwayne88
Msg: 2
view profile
History
***MMA, UFC, WEC, and REAL FIGHTING***Page 1 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
Not every fighter is gonna act the way you want.

I personally would never want to see Wand beat down like that by a roiding drunk like Leben.

He needs to retire before he receives permanant damage to his brain.

He doesn't get TKO'ed when he's rocked, he get's messed up bad.

And using the term real fighting isn't gonna get you anywhere with the people who don't like it because they can always say that real fighting has no rules at all.

And Bader lost because he simply isn't anywhere near as good as people thought he was.

Tito will most likely be dominated by whoever he faces next.
 sum1reel
Msg: 3
***MMA, UFC, WEC, and REAL FIGHTING***
Posted: 7/4/2011 3:52:41 PM
^

And Bader[sic] lost because he simply isn't anywhere near as good as people thought he was.

do you mean "Faber"?...vs. Cruz...........if so then its because cruz might be a better technical fighter, and was able to fend off much of Faber's lethal hits and holds.

MMA, UFC, etc is real fighting but the PROBLEM is that this sport is LOADED with juicers...and often its the fighter doing the best roids (in his class) that will rise to the top!
 dwayne88
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 7/4/2011 6:42:10 PM
Huh....I was obviously talking about Ryan Bader. You know, the guy that got stratched by Tito.

....................................................................................................................
 MGMLION
Msg: 6
Posted: 7/4/2011 7:13:42 PM

And Bader[sic] lost because he simply isn't anywhere near as good as people thought he was.

do you mean "Faber"?.

You must not watch a lot of MMA.
 sum1reel
Msg: 7
Posted: 7/4/2011 7:57:20 PM

Huh....I was obviously talking about Ryan Bader. You know, the guy that got stratched by Tito

I didn't see that, i just saw the main event at a club

The UFC is REAL FIGHTING....this fact is undisputed.

it may be real fighting....but i was mentioned that there is rumors about many bouts being fixed, especially those involving brazilians.......there is lots of money to be made on the gambling circuits world-wide...............i wouldn't be at all surprised if Silva took a dive though i could be wrong.......the purse isn't that huge, so if someone offers a fighter twice the purse amount to dive, its hard to refuse especially coming from a 3rd world country...where the $ goes a very long way!
 colt8301
Msg: 9
Posted: 7/5/2011 3:39:15 AM

Why is MIXED MARTIAL ARTS so superior to conventional boxing and kick-boxing?? BECAUSE IT IS REAL FIGHTING!!

LOL!!! at first was not going to comment, because this MMA vs. every other sport argument is getting real old. MMA "simulates" a real fight, in other words guys come out swinging and after a few seconds start tussling on the ground, but in no way it is a "REAL" fight because there are "RULES". If there are rules it is a sport. A real fight has no rules, so you can eye gouge, pick up weapons, throw knees to the head while the guy is down, bite, you can "CHEAT", there are no "referee's".

I know you hardcore MMA guys like to hang your hats on saying your style is the toughest and real, but it's a sport just like boxing(my favorite), kickboxing, and any other discipline.
 dwayne88
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 7/5/2011 4:44:53 AM
I haven't heard any solid rumors of any post Zuffa fight being fixed. Tho of course some could be, but it would be very hard to prove. And i've never heard anything about Brazilians being in on it.

There were fixed fights in Japan tho, but they don't even use an athletic comission so i'm not even for sure if fixing an MMA fight over there is totally illegal.
 jcmiller910
Msg: 11
Posted: 7/5/2011 11:08:17 AM
you are completely wrong!! Leben has completely changed and become a very well rounded mixed martial artist and person. Wandy just got caught (with age your chin usually declines). wandy hit leben with a couple very good strikes but those punches that leben landed would have put anybody down for the night. As for Tito, he is far better than bader. His striking is evolving and the only reason tito's record has been poor lately is because of the stiff competion he has faced. Not to mention the injuries. Tito will win his next fight hopefully they will give him stephan bonnar and that would make fight of the night.
 FrankNStein902
Msg: 13
Posted: 7/5/2011 1:42:08 PM

BOXING fans are in denial. Pick any boxer in any weight class and I will name you a dozen MMA fighters (of equal weight) who will beat their ass in less than one round.

Do you also pick lotto numbers?

So much like if:

You pick any MMA fighter in any weight class and I will school them in a sail boat race, thus MMA fighters are in denial.

MMA and Boxing are different sports, thus you can not say one is better than the other or even compare them.

One is not better than the other they are just different.

Also MMA is not real fighting , it is MMA, which the participants bound to a set of rules.

Real fighting = no rules.
 MGMLION
Msg: 14
Posted: 7/5/2011 2:01:39 PM

Also MMA is not real fighting , it is MMA, which the participants bound to a set of rules.

Real fighting = no rules.

Real fighting can still have rules and needs rules. If me and you got into it and I took my gun and shot you in the head (NO RULES) it wouldn't necessarily mean I whipped your azz.
 Quinton6
Msg: 15
Posted: 7/5/2011 10:39:21 PM
^^^^^^^^

You need your head examined if you think a proffesional boxer would get beat by one of these UFC or MMA clowns .

Proof is in the puding Gord Raccette was a lacrosse player up here in Canada turned professional boxer for 2 years then took the world title in Mixed Martial Arts long before MMA or the UFC even started .

A great boxers punch with those so called gloves would be lethal and any fighter knows it.!!!!!

Id like to see either Ali or Hagler in there prime fight one of these clowns sorry KC its not even close . I've yet to see any MMA or UFC with the speed of a professional Boxer ..........................you are delusional
 colt8301
Msg: 16
Posted: 7/6/2011 3:44:08 AM

BOXING is obsolete. The judging is always questionable, the rules in place just make the fights boring. MMA is REAL FIGHTING...i did not say "street fighting".

Personally I respect all fight sports. Boxing may be in decline here in the U.S. Try telling that to Mexicans, or Europeans, or Canadians they still fill up stadiums to see boxing.

BOXING fans are in denial. Pick any boxer in any weight class and I will name you a dozen MMA fighters (of equal weight) who will beat their ass in less than one round. BOXING is suffering (rightfully so) due to boring fights, fixed fights, corrupt judging, and other things

Lately I have been seeing a lot of"has-been" boxers fighting in the MMA in a MMA fight, I would love to a "Has-been" MMA fighter step in a boxing ring in a boxing match. I haven't seen that yet, I wonder why?

I won't debate that though, MMA guy in boxing, gets whipped. Boxing guy in MMA fight gets whipped. Boxing guy in Kick Boxing fight, gets whipped. Wrestling guy in boxing match gets busted. round and round we go.
 dwayne88
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2011 5:04:58 AM

You need your head examined if you think a proffesional boxer would get beat by one of these UFC or MMA clowns .

Proof is in the puding Gord Raccette was a lacrosse player up here in Canada turned professional boxer for 2 years then took the world title in Mixed Martial Arts long before MMA or the UFC even started .

A great boxers punch with those so called gloves would be lethal and any fighter knows it.!!!!!

Id like to see either Ali or Hagler in there prime fight one of these clowns sorry KC its not even close . I've yet to see any MMA or UFC with the speed of a professional Boxer ..........................you are delusional

A boxer cannot walk into and mma fight with the skills they have and be successful.

They would get taken down right off the bat and then beat down.

Ali or Hagler could never have stopped the TD's of an actual MMA fighter.

The only way they could win was if the other guy stood right infront of them.
 sum1reel
Msg: 18
Posted: 7/6/2011 6:50:19 AM
Boxing is a very specialized form of fighting...the boxer only fights with his hands, whereas the MMA fighter is a broader form of fighting where he has to have basic skills in all the fighting disciples such as: some boxing, ju-jitsu, tae-kwondo, wrestling, etc...all rolled into one!!!

A boxer (if young enuff) can enter into the MMA arena, if he can learn other forms of fighting........but it would be harder for an MMA'er to go strictly into Boxing because he would have to elevate his boxing skill considerably.......Physically, MMA fighters and strict Boxers aren't too different!

Even wrestlers like Brock Lesnar have made it into the MMA
 dwayne88
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2011 9:11:37 AM
Brock Lesnar made it in MMA because of his wrestling base.

Wrestling is the best base for MMA, Espically if it's in a cage.

Also, if the boxer did enter MMA and trained full time, they would probably lose some of their boxing skill while training for other things.

The boxer is so good at boxing, because that is the only aspect they have to train. An mma fighter has to train in every aspect to be as well rounded as possible.

GSP being the best example of a fighter who is well rounded everywhere.
 4rumninja
Msg: 20
Posted: 7/8/2011 7:34:59 AM
Every style has its merits...if a guy excels in one style he can use his superior skill to keep the fight where he wants it...

The sad thing about MMA is that it is practiced by to many people who have no Traditional martial arts training, they don't learn decorum and respect...mostly wrestlers turned MMA...
 FrankNStein902
Msg: 23
Posted: 7/9/2011 9:16:16 PM
So, by your incorrect assertion, NASCAR and INDY CAR racing can never be compared as to "which is a better racing sport to watch" because they are different styles of car?...

Now you are talking about something that is completely subjective and unrelated.

The way I see it:

MMA Fighter Vs Boxer (with boxing rules) boxer has edge.

MMA Fighter vs Boxer (with MMA rules) MMA fighter has advantage.

MMA Fighter vs Boxer (No rules) Baddest MFer has advantage.

...Is this what you are attempting to tell my 127 I.Q. ?????

Oh come on that was a brand new keyboard.
 martialist_goku
Msg: 24
Posted: 7/10/2011 11:09:42 AM
Well well well...
Quite a lil debate we got going on here!
My turn
Hey OP... whats The UFC's OFFICIAL term? "As real as it gets". As real as it gets WITHOUT being real!

And using the term real fighting isn't gonna get you anywhere with the people who don't like it because they can always say that real fighting has no rules at all.

This...is correct! MMA is NOT real fighting...not even close! I used to detest MMA, but I now DO it! Why... because it is the best form of fighting I can find... that is LEGAL. I have been thru the 'system' from when I was 18 because of street fighting, and I've had over THREE HUNDRED STREET FIGHTS... so I can assure you...having done BOTH... MMA is severely watered down to the 'real thing'. I once was acquitted of assault with a weapon (because I hold two 1st dan's) , ABH, and assault police because I self counseled and told the judge "In a real street fight there are NO RULES. If you want just one rule...ONE? When you have your opponent down, you dont hit him. You KICK him...bite him... cut him with something or smash his head in with the nearest available object, or use yourself if one isnt close by". I have trained with Shawn Tomkins, Mark Hominick, Sam Stout, as well as BJ Penn and Georges St. Pierre. So yeah... I KNOW MMA. I can tell ya there are MMA fights I could LOSE...because I have to follow RULES, that I could literally KILL another person with if it was the exact same situ on the street...
There are a plethora of examples. I remember when I was sparring in Shawn Tompkins seminar and used a NERVE strike against my partner...which totally disabled him... Shawn ran for an...ICE PACK! MMA guys have NO IDEA what TMA's are, a point GSP stresses on a regular basis. Do you think BJJ will save your ass when four bikers are coming at you with pool cues? A Black in Shotokan sure as hell will! This is why I have disliked the**** MMA bastar4ds... they do NOT know what REAL fighting is!

I will say this: I have learned to respect MMA fighting and its practitioners, because the conditioning and strength training is awesome. As a former TMA trained guy and street fighter... I started to slack in this area because I realized...who the hell needs it when most of my fights never went past TEN seconds? So converting to MMA has in that regard helped me, because with so many limitations in the rules, you are now forced to become a better overall athlete to win within the confines of the rules, and cannot utilize a majority of strikes/techniques you could use in a real fight...like a back alley brawl street fight, where there are no refs, judges, or officials.
BTW...although I train for MMA...I also train to be able to expertly utilize other 'things' like a 7 lb sword. THAT...would allow me to destroy every MMA fighter you can muster...if we met in a Mad Max world.

As for boxing... an excellent SPORT... like judo... but NOT a complete TMA either. SOME boxer would do very well in MMA with a bit of training, because so many MMA guys are seriously weak in their stand up game (like that monkey Brock Lesnar)... and some are seriously weak to top notch kickers, so many TKD guys could excel in MMA as well. MMA is just another SPORT... closer to the real deal, but NOT the real thing.

lastly...I dunno who that was above... but a 127 I.Q. is nothing to brag about either!
Jus' saying!
 martialist_goku
Msg: 28
Posted: 7/15/2011 7:35:07 PM
MUSTBEKC... youre an idiot! Ive been in more cages, rings and mats than you will ever be, not to mention REAL fights on the street. I was banned by the ITF in 1989 for using illegal moves in tournaments (judo throws, when at the time I knew NO JUDO)... I have had a ton of amateur muay thai fights (I now study something called muay boran) and had 3 MMA fights on Indian Reserves - MMA was illegal where I live until recently, and thanks to groups like my FB group..we got it. (The day I trained with BJ, he went back to his hotel, found me on FB, and joined my group. Guess he was impressed when it only took 45 seconds for me to pass his guard.) And what happened? Our first UFC venue was the biggest in UFC history. See...on POF...guys like YOU can get away with talking shit...thats why I love FB...you CANT. On MY FB I have guys like Claude Patrick and Sean Pierson as friends, and one of my close childhood friends is a guy named Ainsley Robinson (do a google or youtube search on these guys), These are guys I KNOW and trained with... in cages, on mats, and in rings. So please...dont spout off what you do NOT know about... you only prove to be a fool. People CAN and DO have different perspectives. Me... I had more fights (REAL fights, whether it was in all the tournaments and kumites I did in earning my Black belt in shotokan karate and then in TKD, in the cage, on the mats or in the streets) than you will ever have in your life time. I have trained with TWO UFC champs, the coach of a third, and a 3 time World kick boxing champion, and you dont do that unless fighting is your Way. You... youre an out of shape, shit talking arm chair critic who makes ad hominem comments. Try to utilize that limited I.Q. (mine, btw, is 142, and most University educated individuals are not considered 'under-educated'...whatever the **** that means. As illuminated by others... your choice of words, diction, grammatical usage and ambiguous syntax usage identifies exactly who and what you are - an intellectual peon, which I overlooked for the sake of the discussion) and focus in the argument, not the person expressing it, as an intelligent adult would. Perish the thought of what your intellectual output would be if you really were a fighter... its bad enough as it is in your present couch potato condition! So.. dont pick unnecessary fights HERE because you cant win a real fist-to-cuff, try to channel that cro magnon mind and turn off your ADD and FOCUS on the various arguments being made, and respond with salient, educated retorts. Ya think you can do that child?
And your 'weakest link' allusion is pretty stale!
 GrimboSlyce
Msg: 29
Posted: 7/19/2011 10:59:31 PM
You passed BJ's guard in 45 seconds? Pretty impressive man! I am supposed to make my amateur debut soon, I hope I have half the experience/success you seem to be having!
 GrimboSlyce
Msg: 30
Posted: 7/19/2011 11:01:19 PM
I forgot to add my knowledge *limited* here as well. Boxing and mma cannot be compared. Both are the masters of their respective areas. If you put a boxer in the UFC, he will get taken down and tapped. If you put a UFC fighter, like the Randy Coture v James Tony matchup, in a boxing ring; James Tony has every chance of dropping Cotures ass. There is no point comparing the two.
 martialist_goku
Msg: 31
Posted: 7/20/2011 9:12:02 AM
I agree Grimbo... its like comparing rugby and American football...

As for passing B.J. Penn's guard so fast...well.. I had the fortune of training with GSP not too long before training with B.J. and he showed me exactly how he passed B.J.'s guard.
When I got my chance I did exactly what GSP taught me, and did it FAST. My size over B.J. helped as well.. reight after I rolled off the mat I was like 'holy shit I passed his guard' and got a nice nasty stare from his brother, who is much bigger than B.J.! When I got home and checked my group "Help Bring Mixed martial Arts to Ontario!!!' I was surprised to see that B.J. had joined my group! I took my ex with me... and she deleted all the pics of her camera 'by accident'! I didnt talk to her for a year after that. At least I got an autographed hat and personalized autographed pic from him...

BTW... GSP taught me one important thing: submission wrestling works awesome against BJJ guys
 GrimboSlyce
Msg: 32
Posted: 7/20/2011 12:39:19 PM
How is it that you managed to get training with all of the top notch fighters in the world? I'd kill for that, my coach is a professional fighter, but he has been away for awhile because he is making his Strikeforce debut this Friday. And I love wrestling alot more than I like training in BJJ, because I did it throughout high school, and I think it is a much better base than BJJ, because you learn control, and takedowns.
 martialist_goku
Msg: 33
Posted: 7/20/2011 1:48:40 PM
I agree Grimbo... high school... whether its free style or greco-roman wrestling...offers you a number of advantages when you convert to MMA; thats why you see so many of them in the UFC. GSP added Olympic wrestling to his TMA background and made himself a complete MMArtist.

As for HOW I got to train with these guys... thats what happens when youre great!! lol Im JOKING!! I was living in Scarborough ON training with a place called UMAC (where I got to train with Randy Coutures coach, Shawn Tompkins, as well as Clifton Brown, 3x World Kickboxing champion) when I found out about a place called Kombat Arts in Mississauga. I ended up quitting my job and getting a new one in Mississauga just so I could train there. THEY have serious connections and had a few seminars with B.J. and GSP, so I made sure I was there... I missed Wanderlei, Tito, and the Diaz brothers when I was at UMAC, unfortunately... so it was really just training at the right places with the right people. The best was when I modified some of the stuff GSP was teaching us, and I caught him WATCHING what I was doing, and holy shit! he used those mods in his next fight against Koscheck...I kid you not!
Now...YOU WILL NEVER KNOW IF IM TELLING THE TRUTH... the OP thinks Im full of shit... whatever! I almost dropped my beer at the bar where I was watching the fight when I saw what was going down and saw what GSP was doing to counter Koschecks counters.

The thing to remember, however, is this: a lot of MMA moves will get you f*cked up quick if you try them in a street fight, and for a TMA person, MMA almost degrades you and sets you back, and can erase a lot of training you had done before. .. like using a carotid or rear naked choke (often one is mistaken as the other) that will get you a tap or put a guy to sleep, instead of something like a tae jitsu hold, that can either break the arm, dislocate the shoulder, or allow you to destroy your opponents mandible. In MMA, you do a hold like that and the ref will stop you, or you could end someones career- the street, you can execute it with extreme prejudice. Just one of many examples to show that MMA is still a SPORT, unique, and one of the best LEGAL ways to test your fighting skills...but NOT REAL FIGHTING!
 GrimboSlyce
Msg: 34
Posted: 7/20/2011 3:05:33 PM
I agree completely. In a street fight, you are just staying alive, so anything goes. I'll throw first, knee to nuts, than knee to head, than run if theres more than one :)...true story, 6 on 1, I did than than I was goneeeeeeeee
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > ***MMA, UFC, WEC, and REAL FIGHTING***