Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > What is YOUR love language?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Pingshooter
Msg: 1
view profile
History
What is YOUR love language?Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
What is your Love Language?

Really great online test to take, that will tell you, what YOUR Love Language is.

This could help you in a relationship.

http://www.5lovelanguages.com/assessments/love/
 Pingshooter
Msg: 2
view profile
History
What is YOUR love language?
Posted: 7/6/2011 1:39:32 PM
Physical touch, then Quality Time for me.
 ekw1234
Msg: 3
Posted: 7/6/2011 2:05:55 PM
You are full of hot air!!!
 Pingshooter
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2011 2:16:19 PM
Why say that?

As an after thought..I probably should have posted this in the Relationship area instead of here..but why do you say that?
 MsMicki
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2011 2:41:14 PM
I got the same result......Physical Touch and Quality Time

but I already knew that about myself!
 Red Fish GF
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2011 2:43:12 PM
I received a much higher score on 'quality time' with an 11. The others were close to a tie with scores of 6 and 5 on two of them. Only got a 3 for receiving gifts. Sounds about right, I like gifts but it's certainly not the most important thing in a relationship. Quality time together is needed.
 Yew4ics
Msg: 7
Posted: 7/6/2011 3:28:29 PM
Quality time and second is words of affirmation
 motown cowgirl
Msg: 8
Posted: 7/6/2011 4:56:35 PM
i already know that my love language is "don't give a shit". otherwise known as, "my farm, my rules". otherwise known as, "i just can't be bothered at this point. go away. keep your disgusting sweaty hands off me." and i am not about to give them my email address so they can spam me with their "free analysis". please. i still haven't recovered from all the spam i get as a result POF's shabby database security.
 Yew4ics
Msg: 9
Posted: 7/6/2011 5:05:18 PM

i already know that my love language is "tired of your shit" and/or "don't give a shit". otherwise known as, "my farm, my rules". otherwise known as, "can't be bothered". and i am not about to give them my email address so they can spam me with their "free analysis". please. i still haven't recovered from all the spam i get as a result POF's two-bit database security.

My goodness motown, who pooped in your pancakes? The test is available in the book if you want to do it that way. Or don't bother like you said. But what an attitude, geeze.
 Pingshooter
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2011 5:08:23 PM
Ah hah..bet you have a good stock of batteries though, huh? (ducking)

Just curious..have you tried Gmail? I don't get any spam generated from POF, that isn't caught by the spam filters on Gmail..or I may not be all that interesting to try to spam.
 barefootkitten
Msg: 11
Posted: 7/6/2011 5:57:43 PM
For me, acts of service and physical touch are tied with very high scores. I guess that explains my view in the foreplay thread....
 1234deleted1234
Msg: 12
Posted: 7/6/2011 6:24:06 PM
That is one of my most recommend books and required reading for relationship candidates....
Turns out that MY way of receiving is the way that my partner shows the least....I am well rounded and suppose my partner needs to be as well...
 PittsburghVixen
Msg: 13
Posted: 7/6/2011 6:36:23 PM
6 Words of Affirmation
9 Quality Time
3 Receiving Gifts
4 Acts of Service
8 Physical Touch
 Spider_MacGyver
Msg: 14
Posted: 7/6/2011 6:41:41 PM
2 questions, Moocow,
1) what's your email addy? I want to spam you relentessly with photos from i can has cheezburger.
2) what IS this freakin obsession you have with sweaty men. You can write me privately, if you like, to explain it in depth.

oh. on topic. I didn't have to do the love language test with Hubby Poo, cuz one quick skim confirmed what I already know: his most/least comfortable ways to give/receive are the exact opposite of mine.

Just understanding that gets you over halfway there... and hell breaks loose when Spock lets down his hair.
 Kariann71
Msg: 15
Posted: 7/6/2011 6:56:13 PM
6 Words of Affirmation
11 Quality Time
0 Receiving Gifts
4 Acts of Service
9 Physical Touch

Not exactly sure what that means... lol
 1234deleted1234
Msg: 16
Posted: 7/6/2011 7:27:48 PM
^^^^^^ I DO.....
 Natgoat
Msg: 17
Posted: 7/6/2011 8:14:15 PM
I don' nee' no steenkeng Tests.....

"Oh My!! What Lovely hair!
And your Eyes!! . . Stunning!!
Would you like to dance..??"
 goodquestion
Msg: 18
Posted: 7/6/2011 8:44:32 PM
well these are the results for what ever they mean.

Love Language Scores:
6 Words of Affirmation
10 Quality Time
2 Receiving Gifts
5 Acts of Service
7 Physical Touch
 nfynetquest
Msg: 19
Posted: 7/6/2011 9:03:01 PM
Sort of fun, my results:

Love Language Scores:
4 Words of Affirmation
10 Quality Time
1 Receiving Gifts
7 Acts of Service
8 Physical Touch

Quality Time

In Quality Time, nothing says "I love you" like full, undivided attention. Being there for this type of person is critical, but really being there—with the TV off, fork and knife down, and all chores and tasks on standby—makes you feel truly special and loved. Distractions, postponed activities, or the failure to listen can be especially hurtful.
 Yew4ics
Msg: 20
Posted: 7/7/2011 5:18:06 AM

Quality Time

In Quality Time, nothing says "I love you" like full, undivided attention. Being there for this type of person is critical, but really being there—with the TV off, fork and knife down, and all chores and tasks on standby—makes you feel truly special and loved. Distractions, postponed activities, or the failure to listen can be especially hurtful.

This applies to someone like you and I, who score high in quality time. But not everyone has that need, believe it or not. Trust me, I almost always end up with someone who scores low on that one.Quality time peole like me enjoy alot of talking with our SO. Opposites attract, so we often end up with the strong silent types. That has been my weakness. I get attracted to them, but it never lasts..because the same thing that initially attracts me is the very thing that eventually pisses me off and is the undoing of all my relationships. So I am working on not falling for it anymore.
 goodquestion
Msg: 21
Posted: 7/7/2011 5:35:36 AM
This applies to someone like you and I, who score high in quality time. But not everyone has that need, believe it or not.

What about myself I scored high on quality time LOL. I believe it is the most important . If there is a lot of quality time that will lead to intamacy that is very special and has a awful lot of meaning.
 Kariann71
Msg: 22
Posted: 7/7/2011 6:01:34 AM
I enjoy a lot of quality time touching? Yeah, that just about covers it. Whether or not they mean touched by others or touching myself remains to be seen... LOL

I do enjoy conversations with someone who has common interests and makes me laugh. I tend to steer away from the strong, silent ones. Although they're certainly alluring, I can only handle a certain amount of shared silence.
 gentleplus
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 7/7/2011 8:39:47 AM
8 Words of Affirmation
6 Quality Time
1 Receiving Gifts
4 Acts of Service
11 Physical Touch
 foreverstacey
Msg: 24
Posted: 7/7/2011 8:46:54 AM
7 Words of Affirmation
7 Quality Time
0 Receiving Gifts
6 Acts of Service
10 Physical Touch

So physical touch, then words of affirmation and quality time
 warren_book
Msg: 25
Posted: 7/7/2011 8:47:21 AM
I think this is funny.
Maybe too soon to tell, but I don't think so.
Just like the Myers Brigg personality test thread.
Tends to show that the same personality type of people are attracted to online dating.
Or at least, the same personality type of people, in general, are attracted to posting to the POF forums.
Kind of also sheds the BS light on that popular phrase around here "The only constant is YOU!" Not if everyone else seems to be testing pretty much the same and the same type of people go to the same place to date.

Hysterical, I love these tests.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > What is YOUR love language?