Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Advanced Search Issues      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mostlymike65
Msg: 1
Advanced Search IssuesPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
is anybody else having problems when they do an advanced search. i search for the basics in everything within 100 miles and i get 0 search results. whats wrong?

Admin has requested for users to post the links for their ADVANCED searches so he can resolve the issue. (see message 20)

*Cowboy*
Msg: 2
Advanced Search not working
Posted: 7/8/2011 3:33:07 AM
kinda tough to troubleshoot when you don't give the EXACT search. I just did an advanced search from dumfries virginia for anything between the ages of 21 and 26 (your 23 and thats where you live) and got 35 pages with 700+ profiles. So you buggered something up on your search criteria. User error not a site problem. Check your search criteria again is my advise.

Cowboy
 mostlymike65
Msg: 3
Posted: 7/8/2011 1:37:50 PM
actually it's a site error not a user error. i did an advanced search of all the basics within 200 miles of my zip code and i get this:

"Only 0 results are shown below. Your search may be too specific. Refine Search"

please have somebody look into this because the advanced search isn't working.
 Joshjedi
Msg: 4
Posted: 7/17/2011 3:57:02 PM
I had this same problem too. It turns out that while I thought I had checked everything carefully, there turned out to be a option of maximum height of your potential match that was already pre-set to 5' tall. I had to change it to 7' tall to fix it. This is more than likely the cause for all the people in these threads who are complaining about the advance search not working. I can understand why they are assuming it's a site error as well as have the max height pre set at only 5' is a bit ridiculous.
 Regent7Seas
Msg: 5
Posted: 7/28/2011 8:26:21 AM
Hi Mike

Did you get your Advanced Search problem solved? I have the same problem and I have very carefully filled out the boxes.
Thanks for any help you can give me.
 Regent7Seas
Msg: 6
Posted: 7/28/2011 10:19:04 AM
Hi!

Thanks for the reply. I have checked my search criteria many times. I can't see a problem. Would you kindly check my URL to see if you can identify what I am doing wrong?

Thank you very much.

http://www.plentyoffish.com/advancedsearch.aspx?iama=f&maritalstatus=&seekinga=
m&wantchildren=&MinAge=49&MaxAge=56
&smoke=&country=17&drugs=&City=mississsauga&miles=50&interests=
&state=51&haircolor=&height=188&religion=
&heightb=196&haschildren=&drink=&thnicity=4&viewtype=
1&starsign=&searchtype=4&body=
&smarts=&income=&profession_id=0&sorting=0&cmdSearch=Go+Fishing
 *Cowboy*
Msg: 7
Posted: 7/28/2011 11:08:35 AM
Trapped she spelled her city wrong it appears.... The second set of double S's in the city used has three not two in his search. You spelled it with two in your reply above. It is three in his search. "City=mississsauga"

Spell it correctly and it works fine.

http://www.plentyoffish.com/advancedsearch.aspx?iama=f&maritalstatus=&seekinga=m&wantchildren=
&MinAge=49&MaxAge=56&smoke=&country=17&drugs=&City=
Mississauga&miles=50&interests=&state=51&haircolor=
&height=188&religion=&heightb=199&haschildren=&drink=&thnicity=
4&viewtype=1&starsign=&searchtype=4&body=&smarts=&income=&sorting=0&cmdSearch=Go+Fishing
Cowboy
 Regent7Seas
Msg: 8
Posted: 7/28/2011 11:53:03 AM
Thanks - I am embarrassed!
 gringoinmiami
Msg: 9
Posted: 9/3/2011 2:53:00 PM
I had this problem. I didn't get any searches using the city of Miami. I entered my zip code instead and it works now for advanced searches. The fishing goes on....
 GuyinBB
Msg: 10
Posted: 9/3/2011 6:09:10 PM
My Advanced Search has not been working since yesterday as the only results were for Armed Forces people in Europe and I live in Florida. I changed my City to my Zip Code as suggested in this Forum and everything works fine now. It appears that there is a bug on the Advanced Search since a day or so ago if the City is used instead of the Zip Code.
 cindiesue1
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 9/4/2011 9:13:32 AM
Here is my url. I have used the zip at 5 miles and not checked any other criteria (I don't care) and "0" answer.
Tkx
 cindiesue1
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 9/4/2011 9:14:07 AM
here is my url
http://www.pof.com/advancedsearch.aspx?iama=f&maritalstatus=&seekinga=m&wantchildren=2&MinAge=56&
MaxAge=64&smoke=1&country=1&drugs=1&City=77024&miles=5&interests=
&state=63&haircolor=&height=173&religion=&heightb=188&haschildren=
3&drink=2&thnicity=4&viewtype=0&starsign=&searchtype=&body=&smarts=
&income=&Family_id=0&easygoing_id=0&confidence_id=0&openness_id=0&profession_id=
0&intent=&sorting=0&cmdSearch=Go+Fishing
 cupper3
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 9/4/2011 10:45:36 AM

I think it's safe to say there is an issue from the same observations - Admin has been notified.

In the meantime, try upping the distance to 10 miles and you'll get results

Actually, no distance works, whether it's 10 miles or 250 miles.

My symptoms are the same as others outlined; my search is for the Tampa area, I got 3 from California and one from Europe last night, and today I get nothing as a return

I have tried resetting all my parameters to be as inclusive as possible, and still nothing.
 BigFish
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 9/4/2011 10:49:57 AM
Post the link and I can fix it.

The problem for the one above was profession was being set to 0 in the link.
 14thevine
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 9/12/2011 2:04:11 PM
I can't help with your ussue, but I can tell you that I have exactly the same problem. I even closed my account and started a new one but still the same.
 1charlie5757
Msg: 16
Posted: 9/25/2011 11:31:09 AM
Why is it that when I click on advanced search, it doesn't show any?
Do I not have any, or do I not have something set right?
 1charlie5757
Msg: 17
Posted: 9/25/2011 3:32:41 PM
I did what you said, and it still shows 0 matches on the advanced search.
 1charlie5757
Msg: 18
Posted: 9/25/2011 7:59:16 PM
Well I guess I will just have to forget about it.
I don't even know how to post it.
 TNgirl2
Msg: 19
Posted: 2/17/2012 9:29:52 AM
Can someone help me with this? The advanced search hasn't been working since I signed up to this site.

http://www.pof.com/advancedsearch.aspx?iama=f&maritalstatus=1&seekinga=m&wantchildren=&MinAge=25&MaxAge=35&smoke=&country=1&drugs=1&City=37421&miles=150&interests=nurse&state=62&viewtype=1&height=152&drink=&heightb=999&haschildren=&religionmult=&haircolormult=&thnicitymult=&starsignmult=&pets=&eyes_id=&searchtype=&body=&smarts=&income=&Family_id=0&easygoing_id=0&confidence_id=0&openness_id=0&profession_id=0&intent=&sorting=0&cmdSearch.x=75&cmdSearch.y=15

This is what I get when I search for anything: "SEARCH RESULTS Eldest means eldest child."

please help, I would appreciate it
 alisonlash2222
Msg: 20
Posted: 9/6/2012 10:04:07 AM
Comes out ZERO every time!!! PLEASE HELP!!!!

http://www.pof.com/advancedsearch.aspx?iama=f&maritalstatus=2&seekinga=m&wantchildren=&MinAge=48&MaxAge=61&smoke=&country=17&drugs=1&City=M8Z+3K8&miles=50&interests=&state=51&viewtype=1&height=0&drink=&heightb=&haschildren=&haircolormult=&searchtype=9&body=&smarts=&income=&profession_id=&sorting=0&Go+Fishing%21=Go+Fishing%21
 OTTO BONN
Msg: 21
Posted: 9/6/2012 1:06:37 PM
Here's something that may fix your Advance Search problem. First of all, be sure you are signed in to your Inbox. Next, click Advanced Search. When the edit page opens, don't change anything, just click the Go Fishing button. Unless your search was really just too narrow or had errors, this ought to get it working again.

This has something to do with the newer categories towards the bottom of both columns in the Advanced Search editor. If you notice, those stay blank even if you've made choices and go back to edit. When you click Go Fishing when they are blank, that resets them to I don't care (actually, it takes them out of the page address altogether).

The searches posted in messages 17, 24 and 35 all came up empty for me when pasted in my browser and then launched. Going into the search editor and clicking Go Fishing made them work.

Comes out ZERO every time!!! PLEASE HELP!!!! Msg: 36

Change the Search Type to Friends or Hang Out. The IE one can be trouble and perhaps the guys are not wanting to use it.
 alisonlash2222
Msg: 22
Posted: 9/8/2012 10:25:43 AM
Ok tried that. Search results: 0

So just to make sure that I'm not the crazy one here with search parameters I went back to the advanced search and made it radically easy!

Female seeking Male
Ages 18-99 !!!!
Toronto 200 miles
I chose my category
For everthing else I selected "I dont care" (including category, drugs, etc)
****ZERO RESULTS***

So i changed my category also to "I dont care" and then got 700+! So then I selected each category one by one to see whats happening. For each one Igot 700+ except for Intimate Encounters! That gave me ZERO!!

Am I to believe that this is NOT a site error but a search parameter error on my part and that there are no men between the ages of 18 and 99 that want an intimate encounter within 200 miles of the largest city iin Canada????????? Or perhaps this site is judging for my promiscuous search????????????
 OTTO BONN
Msg: 23
Posted: 9/8/2012 11:36:24 AM
Am I to believe that this is NOT a site error but a search parameter error on my part and that there are no men between the ages of 18 and 99 that want an intimate encounter within 200 miles of the largest city in Canada?

The men are there. From the looks of it, they are using all the other categories instead of the IE, with Friends being the most popular. And since you are searching for a married man, you can bet quite a few of them are looking for what you are. The fact that they don't use the IE category does you a favor because if you send a first contact message to 4 men (or women) who do have IE listed on their profile, you will then be blocked by those who are using an IE filter in their Mail Settings.

The link you posted doesn't contain the errors that are causing the problem for others. In your case, 0 was an accurate response by the system.

Also, don't click on the bottom three categories in both columns of the Advanced Search editor if you want them to be I don't care. Just leave them blank.
 alisonlash2222
Msg: 24
Posted: 9/8/2012 12:29:16 PM
I appreciate what you are saying but you are completely wrong. If I search in the regular search and choose intimate encounters the number is 600+. In fact, if I search the regular search and choose intimate encounters and:
(a) place the age group to my liking--48-61 (instead of 18-99!!),
(b) choose one race (instead of all)
(c) narrow the geographical location to only 10 miles (instead of 200!!) to my POSTAL CODE (instead of Toronto)
it STILL comes out to 600+!!!!

Whereas if I use those same parameters in the advanced search it comes out ZERO!!

But I want to narrow my search to include things like (a) TWO races, (b) no dugs, (c) married (I am married and only want the same), (d) social drinker, (e) income and (d) zodiac sign.

Why is this so hard for anyone to figure out??????????????????
 OTTO BONN
Msg: 25
Posted: 9/8/2012 1:57:43 PM
Wowie! I see what you mean. Totally weird!

You can search for IE in Basic but not Advanced when a postal code or city is entered along with a distance.

Wish I had a workaround for you.
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Advanced Search Issues