Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Nude beaches- thoughts and experiences      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DawnTheRaven
Msg: 1
Nude beaches- thoughts and experiencesPage 1 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Hello all,

I have just started to recently go to a nude beach. I have heard mixed things from different people. I was just curious as to others opinions thoughts or experiences on it. I found it very interesting.
 U make it entertaining
Msg: 2
Nude beaches- thoughts and experiences
Posted: 7/9/2011 7:02:12 PM
My daughter has no problem going, and you are within her age bracket.

I commend you with being comfortable enough with your body to do so.
Hopefully in time we will become more like the Europeans, where it will be considered natural.

Myself .... nope.
Not for me.

I think I look better with my clothes on.
 DawnTheRaven
Msg: 3
Posted: 7/9/2011 7:05:22 PM
They had people of all ages there. I met someone older then my grandma who is 70. I will say she did look great. I liked it some were full nude some were semi some were clothed.

Thank you
 DawnTheRaven
Msg: 4
Posted: 7/9/2011 7:15:48 PM
whats that suppose to mean
 Friendly widow
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 7/9/2011 8:06:14 PM
Precisely what it says!!!
 monkeymeshack
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 7/9/2011 8:30:38 PM
I went to one couple of years back, basically on a dare from a friend I was with. We decided to only go topless, but it was a good experience, you only live once so live it to the fullest. If you enjoy it, go for it .(Btw people acted no different with their clothes off then they would of acted if they had their clothes on.)
 abelian
Msg: 7
Posted: 7/10/2011 4:12:29 AM
The only ``nude beaches'' I've been to were around lakes, not the ocean. However, the few times I've gone (which was a long time ago), I didn't really find the scenery compelling enough to go out of my way to go swimming. I, personally, am not at all inhibited and I'm not bothered in the least by being naked around a bunch of strangers, but I'm not going to go out of my way to find a nude beach unless it's full of naked women I want to see naked.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 7/10/2011 4:46:46 AM
It's AN experience. Nothing spectacularly enlightening about it, really. There is a few moments of fearing (as a guy) that I would have an "untoward, visible reaction" to the attractive women there, but after that, it's usually the same sort of "meh" reaction for everyone I know who has gone to one.

People are people, dressed or not. What might be more intriguing, though only in a minor way, is how if you take an average, VERY comfortable nudist off the nude beach, and place them into a situation elsewhere, where everyone is always dressed (such as in an office environment), that the very comfortable person will find they are NOT comfortable. This is for the simple reason of social integration, i.e., that if someone feels they fit in, they will feel fine, and if they don't they will feel awkward.

As to the reason there might be less trash on nude beaches, I'd suggest that is simply because there are fewer POCKETS to carry trash onto the beach WITH, and not that nudists are superior about minding their own garbage generation. They aren't ELVES, for goodness sake, they are just naked PEOPLE.
 charlie_girl_2
Msg: 9
Posted: 7/10/2011 5:18:06 AM
Couple years ago, a man I had connected with, rode over on his motorcycle from Orlando to take me for a ride and lunch. But he wanted to go to the nudist beach first which is nearby and I declined. Not my thing, even if this man was extremely good looking. Seems he and his ex always did this in other places and this was one place he had not yet been, he was set on going.

As mentioned, he is very handsome, tall and rugged, and I thought that he might not return. When he did, I said, "I bet all the women pulled their towels closer to you."
He said, " No. They didn't, but the men sure did!" As far as I know he never went back to that particular section of the beach.

DawnTheRaven
Msg: 10
Posted: 7/10/2011 6:44:12 AM
People do check each other out its part of human nature. There was no lewd acts at the beach there were families there. It was rather relaxing.
 likes2watch
Msg: 11
Posted: 7/10/2011 7:03:44 AM
I love swimming in the nude, and I don't care about other people seeing me naked, so I enjoy nude beaches.

I find there is a more common acceptance of the actual human physique, and people are not as much chasing after the ideal physique. Not to say that nobody cares how they look, but that they are not as interested in what they "should" look like.
 phil2847
Msg: 12
Posted: 7/10/2011 7:54:15 AM
I've been to St. Martin several times and on the French side, almost all the women are at least topless and depending which part of the beach you are at, people are nude! I Love It!!!
 RwFocusedLove
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 7/10/2011 8:37:09 AM
Love To Be Free And Nude!!! I've Been To Blacks Beach In Cali, It Was Okay Def Not What I Expected After Climbing Down A Cliff To Get There Only To Be Greeted By A Good Dozen Naked Old Men Waiting To Catch You!! RofLmaoOo But Seriously I'd Rather Just Go To Harbin Or Some Other Clothing Optional Hot Springs... Its Definitely More Peaceful, Controlled, And Relaxing~ True Freedom It Is!!!
 goodquestion
Msg: 14
Posted: 7/10/2011 8:48:58 AM
I don't think I would have a problem with it but I would be to afraid of having a spontanious erection or what ever you call it. I can't think of the right word for it, but just from having no clothes on and having nothing to do with sex and being naked I might be looked at like I am weird. Sometimes those things happen as if they have a brain of there own but the name of the action slipped my mind, I believe there is another name for it other than spontanious.
 abelian
Msg: 15
Posted: 7/10/2011 12:00:36 PM

that's NOT what nude beaches are about... a chance for you to ogle & leer at people while imagining what it would be like to have sex with them

OK, then I suppose I'm priggish. I can't really see the point of a nude beach if leering is out. What's left? Getting sand up the wazoo and dangling bait for the fish while swimming? Thanks, but as a practical matter, I'd wear a swimsuit. If I'm going to a nude beach it's for the scenery, not because being nude at the beach has anything else going for it.
 DawnTheRaven
Msg: 16
Posted: 7/10/2011 4:55:20 PM
I would say there were plenty of heterosexual couples maybe a few gays but majority were straight at the one I went to.
 MsMicki
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 7/10/2011 8:03:16 PM
A "true" nudist could give 2 chits what everyone looks like naked.
That is not what it is about.
It is about being free and natural like God originially planned for us.

Most the nude beaches in America....are for oogling and leering.
They are about parading your body for everyone to see.

I would much prefer to go to a private nudist camp.....where it's 99% members that are true naturists.
 DawnTheRaven
Msg: 18
Posted: 7/11/2011 5:44:49 PM
the beach i went to there were maybe one or two leering oogling idiots who got ran off the beach. no one was taking pictures of anyone else. It was very nice. I think someone of you have some misconceptions about some of the nude beaches at least the one I went to. I will say there were people of all ages shapes sizes and ethnicity. It was a extremely diverse population.
 abelian
Msg: 19
Posted: 7/11/2011 6:53:41 PM
I think someone of you have some misconceptions about some of the nude beaches at least the one I went to.

Well, I don't think I have any misperceptions. My lack of interest is due to my perception that nude beaches (and naturists, in general) is about a bunch of people getting naked to convice themselves and each other that being naked is wonderful by pretending no one is really naked. The whole pretense involved seems so Kafkaesque. I really can't see me talking to a naked woman and telling her how much I like her new hair style, if I'm supposed be talking about the hair on her head.

Personally, I think if they really believed their own pr about how beautiful the human body is, they'd encourage people to leer and oogle each other to appreciate the human body. As it stands, I'd rather just go to a regular beach where leering and oogling is what skimpy bathing suits encourage people to do.
 abelian
Msg: 20
Posted: 7/11/2011 8:07:32 PM
People's perceptions can be skewed by many things and each one is appropriate for that individual. But I believe the perception shared by most naturists would be that they are accepting nudity as the natural condition and clothed as the unnatural one which can lead to other unnatural behavior such as leering and oogling. When everyone has no clothes on, it is more difficult to objectify others since your own truth is hanging out for all to see as well.

I'm well aware of the pr. I just think the pr is more about convincing themselves of that than really believing it.

I agree that naturism is not for everyone since there are many people who need that pyschological distance from the fact that we are all nude under our clothes.

I don't need that ``psychological distance,'' (which along with ``we are all nude under our clothes,'' is just more psychobable). I have no problem taking of my clothes in front of strangers. I really couldn't care either way. I just don't need to go around saying weird things like that to justify it to myself or others. Naturists act as though it's a big deal to be uninhibited.
 goodquestion
Msg: 21
Posted: 7/12/2011 6:40:22 AM

Spending a lazy day at home, naked can be marvelously freeing and somewhat delightfully naughty. Not the same feeling in a social environment...at least, not for me.

I have done this before and found it very enjoyable. Unfortunately I do not have the privacy to do it right now.
 want to travel
Msg: 22
view profile
History
beaches- thoughts and experiences
Posted: 7/12/2011 7:10:19 AM
beaches.......in central Europe, women and men really started to go , or semi in the 1930's, at that time there was a health craze, of course..... men and women where separated, these attitudes spread through most, northern countries after 45,
By the time I first went to England, Spain, and France, most if not all of the women went , and most beaches had an area where , was ok,
I lived in Europe, and, my best friend from Canada, came to visit me, his future wife, lived in that country,they went to the 'nude' beach, and I went along, did I take it all off..... no
did I think it was alright YES!
I just did not feel like being ,I felt like an idiot lol, being the only person with a bathing suit on......
one more thing,this really should be in another place, because no one was there for ual things, people where just 'au naturel'
 keithmfd
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 7/12/2011 10:34:37 AM
To all the uninformed .I have been to several nudist beaches and resorts around the world I actually have a home in a resort year round in canada .One thing you should know most repectable places demand the use of a towel always So if your little thing pops up cover it till it goes away If you get caught without a towel not to worry everyone there has seen a hardon and most of the women know how to use it
If you stop playing with your peeppee long enough to grow up you will find both beaches and resorts a wonderful experience and if you ever come to my place clothes are optional too
 redbluffman68
Msg: 24
Posted: 12/1/2011 12:29:41 PM
I have been going to nude beaches since I was 14. personally I love to be naked most of the time and is rarely a sexual thing when at a nude beach ( depends on the circumstances). For most true nudists, its a freedom that we all love to share in and I have met more normal people who are nudists than I have met that are not nudists. Nudists tend to be more open because we have nothing really to hide. My wish is to find someone locally that is into nudism to share my life with.
 Sully8545
Msg: 25
Posted: 12/1/2011 2:14:37 PM
Important safety tip - put pleanty of sunblock on your azz or you won't sit for a week. Trust me on this one.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Nude beaches- thoughts and experiences