Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Someone please help me understand!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 StangMan9503
Msg: 1
Someone please help me understand!Page 1 of 1    
All right so the other night I met a girl on pof that is living in the area where I grew up in. In her profile it said she wasn't looking for someone to "churn her booty butter," which I thought was quite hilarious myself and proceeded to message her. I commented about her way of saying she wasn't looking for someone who wanted sex and she responded. Things started out great we did some video chatting and we just seemed to click like we had known each other for years. She even pretty much told me where she lived without actually giving me her address, where she works and what shift she works. Long story short she had mentioned a couple times she was tired and what not, well we happened to get disconnected and she was gone! I waited for a bit and assumed she was tired and went to bed. I sent her a message basically telling her I would be working the following day and if she'd like she could text me and gave her my phone number. She has only been on once since then. Also, she added me to her FB page, so she has to be slightly interested correct? I'm just so confused, someone please help me understand. Maybe i'm being too impatient!
 shakeitupbaby2012
Msg: 2
Someone please help me understand!
Posted: 7/11/2011 11:09:14 PM
Interest = contact. Sustained contact and meeting.

I recommend staying off of Facebook other than for close friends and family. I'd go so far as to say that if it's offered to Facebook to run the other way. It's immature and they're just doing it because it's routine among the kids these days. They either just want to chat or don't want to go thru telling you they have no interest in dating.
 StangMan9503
Msg: 3
Posted: 7/11/2011 11:13:16 PM
haha That makes me feel slightly better! Do you think I did wrong by giving her my number?
 Kitten189
Msg: 4
Posted: 7/12/2011 12:39:11 AM
You're coming across quite desperate,Op.
Settle down and if she's interested,she'll contact you.
Capeesh?
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 7/12/2011 4:39:13 AM
Chances are, the answer to this lies in your phrase "the other night." If that night was two weeks ago, chances are she's already done with you. If it was within a few days, it's likely that she just hasn't had time to get back to you.

Also, believe it or not, texting isn't ALWAYS instant. All this stuff goes through computers, and they break. I've had messages be delayed for as much as a week on my cell phone. Email is usually more reliable, as is direct communication.
 MsMuscleChick
Msg: 6
Posted: 7/12/2011 4:40:32 AM
Understand what? Wait until you hear back from her. Get together in person and see what is even there.

What is it with men and if we do not text them right away? Geez. I do not text men, I hope they have enough common sense to pick up the phone and dial. And, if I am not busy working like some of us have to do on here, I answer or i get back to them when I can.
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 7
Posted: 7/12/2011 8:15:50 AM
If she was under 25

Her mind is going. KIDS!!!!....AND he even has one in his main pic..So I HAVE to like them.

FB.........Pulease.

Then you said "she had mentioned a couple times she was tired and what not, well we happened to get disconnected and she was gone!" Well, dang! She tried to give you a hint she wanted to end the conversation and you were too thick to pick it - so she obviously disconnected! Next time, tune your antennas in to the subtle messages.

^^^^^^^^^^

She has learned the art of the confusing hang up on the zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz guy on the other end of the phone.

I usually do it in mid sentence while I'm speaking.

Move on...The Sunmaid raisin gal is out there somewhere looking for you.
 A Curious Kitten
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 7/12/2011 8:17:05 AM
She obviously needs her space for whatever reason she has. Respect it and move on without taking it personal.
 daynadaze
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 7/12/2011 2:24:35 PM
Depends, how long ago was this conversation?

If you would not let her go, maybe she broke the connection to get rid of you. But then again, maybe she lost her connection, it happens. If you see her online again, drop her a line, if she doesn't respond, let it go, she's not interested.
 getanet
Msg: 10
Posted: 7/12/2011 2:53:55 PM
Boy, she might have just backed up and thought to herself, "this is going too quick" or things could have been just "too familiar" with being from the same town. Sounds like you spaced on her hints to leave. If she doesn't contact you now, that is the biggest hint you could get. Me thinks the accidental "hangup" was it. I'd move on, and if she does contact you, go from there. I suspect non-interest on her part.
 4x4fan
Msg: 11
Posted: 7/12/2011 3:59:25 PM
Hmmm??? Well, she definately knows your interested, and you're left wondering if she's intersted. She's got hand and to be honest, you're coming off a little needy. Just relax, and don't be so available. Give the impression that you're a big boy with your own life and things going on. Ball is really in her court now.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Someone please help me understand!