Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Google Plus      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 pamsfl
Msg: 1
Google PlusPage 1 of 1    
So I got into the field trials for google plus and so far I'm not liking it as much as facebook. Just wondering what other people thought of it. A lot of people think it will replace facebook kind of like facebook replaced Myspace.
 Molly Maude
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Google Plus
Posted: 7/15/2011 1:28:23 PM
yeah ... me neither ... but I've only been in Facebook a couple of years!

pamsfl
Msg: 3
Google Plus
Posted: 7/15/2011 1:47:15 PM
Google plus is the new social network site put out by ..... google, of course! It just surpassed 10 million users. I can't believe you guys haven't heard of it!
 FrankNStein902
Msg: 4
Google Plus
Posted: 7/15/2011 2:01:52 PM

...just wondering what other people thought of it. A lot of people think it will replace facebook kind of like facebook replaced Myspace.

From what I know it is set up a bit better for data mining and because of Google's existing relationship with advertisers will probably be a bit more profitable.

So from a business point of view it loos like it will do ok, from a consumers point of view I would not participate with any of them.
 Spider_MacGyver
Msg: 5
Google Plus
Posted: 7/15/2011 3:37:11 PM
I'm giving it a try because of the feature F*c*book lacks -- segregating your "friends" with different levels of security clearance. I don't want those Middle-Aged Mean Girls at work seeing the same updates as my mom & sister, or even knowing where my family lives actually.
 RSwindol
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Google Plus
Posted: 7/16/2011 4:50:28 AM
I've been on Google Plus for a couple of weeks now, and I'm not really digging it. I can see that there might be some advantages of having separate "circles", but all in all it seems less user friendly.

It took me a while to simply upload a photo for my profile image. I mean, figuring out how to upload a photo was not a big deal. But then I was trying to figure out how to set that photo as my avatar. Then I realized I had to actually go to another location on my page it order to upload an image specifically for my profile's main image, so I obviously had to upload again. What's with that? What's the point of not having the option of setting any photo in your album as your main image?
 viper1j
Msg: 7
Google Plus
Posted: 7/16/2011 5:14:23 AM
From the Chrome to the Dome, Google wants it all. I think some are starting to see them as the new Microcrap.

Oh, Google! You're so Googly!

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/07/16/samsung_chromebook_five_series_review/
 Butterfly~Effect
Msg: 8
Google Plus
Posted: 7/17/2011 8:46:11 AM
I've been trying it ....and I don't think I like it either.

I noticed it doesn't have an inbox for private messaging. I have no desire to be on 'chat' and have shut the feature off on FB...so I don't want to be in a place that only allows messaging to be thru a chat feature.

Also, as someone previously said....it takes forever to upload a photo.

Although, with all the ridiculous changes FB is making....I may attempt google + again.
 viper1j
Msg: 9
Google Plus
Posted: 7/17/2011 11:31:45 AM
There's also no privacy..

You DID know that Google reads all your email didn't you?

Yahoo just started, but Google's been doing it for years, which is why I use real email, rathe than web based service, and pgp.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/07/11/yahoo_email_read/

Yahoo! reads! your! emails!
And it's your job to warn all your mates
Yahoo! is being criticised for the new Ts & Cs for its webmail service, which give it the right to scan your emails as well as making you responsible for telling anyone who might be emailing you, but the ICO has no problem with the changes.

Such scanning has been common for some time; Google was the first to scan all messages. But this led some to choose Yahoo! on the basis that it did not carry out such snooping.

Even more controversially, Yahoo! suggests it is the users' job to warn anyone who emails them that their messages will also be scanned.

Consumer lobby group Which?'s in-house lawyer Georgina Nelson said: "The obligation to notify those who email you that their message will be scanned is nonsensical and unrealistic. When exactly are you supposed to do this?"

The changes come as part of Yahoo!'s email upgrade. The company said all users will see a pop-up when they make the change.

Yahoo told PC Advisor that anyone who didn't like the changes should simply keep using their old account. But Yahoo! did say it would continue to scan old-school accounts for spam.

An ICO spokeswoman said: “We’ve spoken to Yahoo about their email scanning feature. As with any business or organisation that changes the way its customer data is used, Yahoo has an obligation to be upfront with their users to make sure their information is being processed fairly. This includes making sure they have clear and accessible privacy notices which will allow users to make informed decisions in relation to privacy and other aspects of the service.”®
 Sînz
Msg: 10
Google Plus
Posted: 7/17/2011 11:43:14 AM
I checked it out and I would have to say I enjoy facebook more. I do hope it does well though because competition forces innovation and creativity instead of becoming stale and boring. Personally the only thing I care about with google is their search engine and that's it so I'm positive I won't be using it.

That was an interesting read viper. It really makes me wonder if my comcast email account is even safe.
 viper1j
Msg: 11
Google Plus
Posted: 7/18/2011 6:46:50 AM
That was an interesting read viper. It really makes me wonder if my comcast email account is even safe.

It's all in the T&C. (Terms and Conditions) People read those things almost as often as they read EULAs. (End User License Agreement)

Exhibit A: Honestly now, how many peoplereading this post, ACTUALLY READ the entire POF T&C before filling out your registration?

Or did you just click/check "I agree" and move on?
 Sînz
Msg: 12
Google Plus
Posted: 7/18/2011 12:00:18 PM
Honestly now, how many people do read those things. They are all basically the same thing so if you read one you have read them all. This is our property, we can change anything whenever we want, you can't do anything about it, have a nice day.
 justagrlwithacat
Msg: 13
Google Plus
Posted: 7/18/2011 1:43:26 PM
@msg 6. if you create different groups or your frends, family, limited association, etc, you can specify what certain groups can see on fb. for instance my family cant see everything my friends see. and my mom sees even less. i have another group titled limited and they only have access to my user name. but not my wall or posts or friends, pics...nothing else really. just there for contact purposes.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Google Plus