Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Do you ladies rib your girlfriends for a woman card infraction?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Janet_Always
Msg: 2
Do you ladies rib your girlfriends for a woman card infraction?Page 1 of 1    
No. I can't think of anything that would even fall in the category of a "woman card" infraction.
 femaleconnection
Msg: 3
Do you ladies rib your girlfriends for a woman card infraction?
Posted: 7/16/2011 9:08:09 AM
When I have learned a freind faked her orgasms to 'please her man' I called her on it. Cant think of anything else at the moment. To me, a real woman never fakes an orgasm, thats a game for the young girls. lol
 Spider_MacGyver
Msg: 4
Posted: 7/16/2011 9:28:31 AM
No.
There is no woman card.

But you may have helped answer the question in another thread
("Women are less happy in marriage/relationships than men because they expect much more?")
Maybe the husbands soften for their women ... but only in the beginning... then they return to full man-card status.

This type ridicule generally comes from people who see it as Man=Strong=Good, and Women=Weak=Bad.

A woman can know how to work on cars without ridicule because although she's deviated from the list of can and can't do -- she is weak/ bad, aspiring to be strong/good.
A man who knows how to arrange bouquets, or other things not on the list, won't usually fare as well with the man-card-carrying club.

vvv Not the same thing. Calling out friends of either gender, on bad behavior or lapses in logic, is something I do for my friends and expect them to do for me.
 FlyyinSolo87
Msg: 5
Posted: 7/16/2011 9:32:57 AM
Woman: Would you sleep with another woman while we're together?
Man: No, never?
Woman: Well what if I would never know?
Man: Never.
Woman: What if I was really sick, and she was really hot, and I had said that you could?
Man: Well only if you say I can.
Woman: YOU F*CKING CHEATER!

I will always call woman on this. A real woman would never play games like this. This is psychotic, but some women seem to think this how a woman should be to "keep her man in line".
 shakeitupbaby2012
Msg: 8
Posted: 7/16/2011 10:31:55 AM
I don't see most women as weak. There are those who act as though they are-

I see it a bit differently than above.

The man card kicks in when a guy acts weak or does something out of character for the 'typical' guy.

So- guy=strong= good. guy=weak= bad. In very general terms.

I call my friends on things- infractions one could say on large life issues etc but not in a woman card context.
Faking an orgasm would definitely be an infraction of the woman card.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 7/16/2011 11:29:09 AM
Ribbing each other is a REQUIRED behavior for men. Not for women. I know it is required, because I did not learn it growing up (intellectual family), and found myself consistently excluded from guy interactions at work, until I taught myself to utter smiling "friendly insults" to my MALE coworkers.
It seems to perform the same bonding function that 'actually being helpful' does among women. It's actually a way for men to communicate their willingness to help, while avoiding an inadvertent challenge to the other guy's "maniliness," (i.e. ability to cope).
 U make it entertaining
Msg: 10
Posted: 7/16/2011 7:40:06 PM
I can't think of anything that would be called a "woman card" infraction.

The consensus here is faking orgasm.

I've never discussed orgasms with any of my girlfriends, so that is out.

I think men just like to tease one another.

Woman don't.

We try to be supportive on one another.

Even when women put up with shit to appease their partners.
 Lolita_LeBron
Msg: 11
Posted: 7/16/2011 8:32:44 PM
Yep, when a girlfriend of mine got pregnant for the fourth time to someone just as clueless as herself. Mind you, he is not the father of her other three kids.
 FlyyinSolo87
Msg: 12
Posted: 7/16/2011 8:38:10 PM
Ok Lolita you just reminded me of a time I got called out on something similar. However, the woman with 4 kids from 4 men(custody of NONE) called me out on being a wh*re who slept with men in hopes that they love me and marry me. Still don't understand her logic behind that statement.
 Helen0426
Msg: 13
Posted: 7/16/2011 11:20:19 PM
I'm not sure women really have an equivalent kind of thing. Not that's so culturally universal, anyway.

But, funny story!
 Irish Eyez
Msg: 14
Posted: 7/17/2011 2:27:40 PM
Yes, I give my friends' a hard time of it when needed!

But a man with a belly button piercing? It's as bad when I saw a guy with a toe ring.

Eww...
 PittsburghVixen
Msg: 15
Posted: 7/17/2011 2:46:35 PM
^^^ I agree on both of those. Eww.

I bust on my friends when appropriate (and they on me) but never thought of it as a "woman card" thing. Guess we don't feel the need to prove that we are women the way some men need to prove they're men. I don't really understand that.
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 16
Posted: 7/17/2011 2:58:45 PM
Your friend gets a effeminate card now.

If he doesn't remove the fawking thing..Get him some toenail polish.

No, not my friends but the day Shannon Faulkner quit the Citadel my boss offered to let me off work to go beat her upside the head.

I was fuming..She never took it serious at all. Set women back in the south another 50 years all over a joke application and no preparation.

Went to boot camp/the Citadel and never trained in the least for it........ freaking wimp.

I refer to people that bytch about equal this and that but do not prepare properly..as pulling a Faulkner.
 casey0413
Msg: 18
Posted: 7/17/2011 4:31:30 PM
I can't even really think what that is. But that is a hilarious story about your friend!
 Coxgirl
Msg: 19
Posted: 7/17/2011 8:08:39 PM
AHHH the good old "Man Card"..

I guess that is all in perception...

My youngests father is very fit and toned.. 6 pack and that sexy V at the bottom of his 6 pack.. and on the left side , right above his hip, but bellow his belly button he has a Dodge Tattoo (His has been a Dodge mechanic for over 6 years)..

Some guys say it looks gay.. or revoke his man card cause of placement.. in all honesty.. hes the one who gets looks, numbers & hit on by the ladies when he has no shirt on.. not them..

I think sometimes the good old man card is used to bring fellow men down..

On the ladies however.. we dont have a woman card.. my friends and I have more of an epic fail thing..
 Helen0426
Msg: 20
Posted: 7/20/2011 12:16:59 AM
Bizarrely, I did find an example of something I would consider a "woman card infraction," in fiction, recently. I'd been wondering about whether or not there even was such a thing. Turns out, I think there is, but it's very different from the "man card."

It's in the Grindhouse film, "Death Proof." The other women featured knew Rose McGowan's character, Pam, slightly. She and Julia, played by Sydney Tamiia Poitier, had known each other since grade school. They hadn't gotten along then, but they were adults now, and one of Julia's friends had been friendly with Pam at the bar where they all were.

And they let her go with that scary guy played by Kurt Russell, instead of taking her home themselves, knowing she was stranded.

THAT's a woman-card infraction. We look out for each other, even if we didn't get along in school. Even if we don't get along now. We don't let each other go with scary guys when we could just say, however grudgingly, "Hey, c'mon, we'll take you." It's just not done. We at least offer. And sometimes insist, if the person in question is impaired.

That's not really equivalent, is it? But it is the best example I could find of a "woman card" infraction.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Do you ladies rib your girlfriends for a woman card infraction?