Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > i dont get it really profile changes on its own      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 crjf
Msg: 1
i dont get it really profile changes on its ownPage 1 of 1    
Hello all,

upon coming to the site awhile back 6months ago i set up my profile put down what i was looking for etc...

for the most part i generally don't look at my own profile but here recently i have and everything was changed from what i originally put down like---

looking for hang out/no commitment/drinks allot/ blah blah blah--- i don't understand why these attributes on my profile keep changing all the time anyone else have a clue?

i don't think my password has been compromised but this is the third time i have noticed that a bunch of stuff on my profile was completely changed around to something completely different.

fitz
 GenevaLambkins
Msg: 2
i dont get it really profile changes on its own
Posted: 7/17/2011 2:09:59 PM
Main profile pic is supposed to be showing your face and recent. 40 year old car pic does not count.

Do you ever log in somewhere that is a shared computer that someone else uses?
 crjf
Msg: 3
Posted: 7/17/2011 3:05:09 PM
i log in every day i remember what i wrote-- the profile the way it is is fine when i checked it this morning instead of looking for a long term relationship it said looking for hang out/then drinks more than 3+ times a week and not looking for commitment. the car is 40 years old yes and i still have that car just like my many other things maybe my pics are full body but most ladies on here want to see the whole package not just head shots i think my pics are fine how they are the thing is i am only using this computer and not anyone elses no one else uses this besides me. i just dont understand how things can be fine one week then all the atributes on my profile are completely different i guess i shouldnt complain since its a free site.
 crjf
Msg: 4
Posted: 7/17/2011 3:06:13 PM
all photos are recent within the last few days except for the 40 year old car shot
 crjf
Msg: 5
Posted: 7/17/2011 3:41:37 PM
wow you sure do complain alot
 pinkoleander
Msg: 6
Posted: 7/17/2011 4:15:26 PM
Your wife probably has your password and keeps changing it to hang out/friends. Ask her.
 crjf
Msg: 7
Posted: 7/17/2011 4:41:08 PM
never been married nothin serious in awhile i see alot of women on here with full body shots there are pics of me with out the glases so.. maybe if you look again you will see i have a mix of things on my profile.
 Spider_MacGyver
Msg: 8
Posted: 7/17/2011 5:22:07 PM
OP,
You're being hacked one way or another. I just hope changing your profile setting is ALL they are doing with their access.

Change your password and make it one that is impossible to guess. If you forget what it is, it will be mailed to the email you specify -- which should also have a secure password nobody who knows you, ever knew, or could guess, or could get from your phone when you leave the room.

Truthfully I accidentally logged on one time into the account of a 19-year-old boy in Canada. We had the same password! And very similar user names.... but that's got to be a million-to-one chance. Somebody who knows you is having fun with your profile dude.
 crjf
Msg: 9
Posted: 7/17/2011 6:54:17 PM
thanks man gotcha
 Irish Eyez
Msg: 10
Posted: 7/18/2011 11:13:46 AM
OP Your main pic with sunglasses is actually against POF rules and if found, will be nuked. Upload it again and your uploading pic rights will be revoked.

One's face must be recognizable in ALL pics. Read the rules.

Meh...

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingposts7248892.aspx#7249224

As a Main Image, a Profile Shot where both Eyes are not visible is not acceptable and the Angle of the Head should be such that they can be clearly seen
 GenevaLambkins
Msg: 11
Posted: 7/18/2011 11:56:45 AM
I'm just wondering what you think is appealing to a woman about your main profile pic? What would make a woman see that and click to see your profile and find out more about you? There is nothing appealing about it at all.
 privat33r
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 7/18/2011 4:15:45 PM
Some attributes like "Talk/Email" were globally changed to "Hangout" cause really --- someone didn't believe us. There were a few other things added by default. I'm sure Markus tried his best to categorize people honestly. He's just trying to keep things moving, stir things up and KEEP people dating. That's the whole point.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > i dont get it really profile changes on its own