Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Rap Music      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Lybragh
Msg: 1
Rap MusicPage 1 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
I listen to a lot of hard-core rap, like Wu-Tang Clan and Mobb Deep. I also know a lot about rap music. Honestly, is this a turn-off for some guys? I'm wondering if I am judged by the type of music I listen to. What would you make of a woman who likes rap music?
 JustVicky89
Msg: 2
Rap Music
Posted: 7/17/2011 1:24:03 PM
Personally, I believe a womens taste in music reflexs her personality. Since you like rap, you seem very open to a variety of things. You like what you like, regardless of the genre. If he doesnt like it then... HE HAS NO TASTE!
 scottey63
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Rap Music
Posted: 7/17/2011 1:26:37 PM
I wouldn't date a woman who likes rap (it being music is a matter of opinion). Sooner or later she would want to have it on in my presence.
 Red Fish GF
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Rap Music
Posted: 7/17/2011 1:34:13 PM
^^^ I agree with Scottey63. I don't listen to rap music and neither does my boyfriend. There are some guys who like it though so what does it matter what a few people on the forum think? Not everyone is going to like the same things you do.

OP

Honestly, is this a turn-off for some guys?
 Lybragh
Msg: 5
Rap Music
Posted: 7/17/2011 1:46:53 PM
I believe I am seeking advice here and if you don't like my thread, just leave it alone.
 Red Fish GF
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Rap Music
Posted: 7/17/2011 1:48:55 PM
Touchy, touchy.

I'm just saying find a guy who likes rap music and don't worry about the others.
 forumfishie
Msg: 7
Rap Music
Posted: 7/17/2011 1:52:22 PM
Wu-tang Clan??
You are a teacher in Maryland
and you are driving around singing along

"It's the Method Man for short Mr. Meth
Moving on your left, ah!
And set it off, get it off, let it off like a gat
I wanna break full,****me back
Small change, they putting shame in the game
I take aim and blow that nig ga out the frame
And like Fame, my style'll live forever
Nig gaz crossing over, but they don't know no better"

You are 5'2" and like wearing Tiaras
It just doesn't make sense

What guy is going to have that in common with you?
and
Yeah, you would not be allowed in my car either

"I believe I am seeking advice here and if you don't like my thread, just leave it alone."

See? You are even getting his attitude from the songs

No guy is going to look forward getting verbally
shanked, by you, just because he doesn't like the Wu
 valenciacityx
Msg: 8
Rap Music
Posted: 7/17/2011 2:03:26 PM
reminds me of the white guy 'Michael Bolton' blarring the Gangsta in Office Space.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKlDBi0cyIA

I know I got old when I told my nephew to turn that shiate down 0r I will turn it OFF.
 U make it entertaining
Msg: 9
Rap Music
Posted: 7/17/2011 2:05:34 PM
I have a 20 year old son, and his very FAVORITE group is Wu-Tang Clan.
He and his buddies have this cranked up all the time.

What would you make of a woman who likes rap music?

I've heard LOTS of it.
I'm 53 ... and I like some of it.
Although I do question how many times you can say fvck in one sentence. lol.
I try to keep up on what's new, and having my son around ... well rap is part of the package.
He even writes the stuff and is cutting his first cd.

Judging a person on what they listen to is very shallow in my opinion.

Tastes change.

I like Frank Sinatra, 50's Rock and Roll, Big Bands, Jazz, Arrowsmith, Tragically Hip, Beyonce, the list is endless.

So I added rap to the list of my music pleasures.

Big Deal!

It's only music.

Like what you you like.

If it bothers someone, then they aren't for you.
 JeetKuneDo
Msg: 10
Rap Music
Posted: 7/17/2011 2:27:37 PM
I'll never date a woman who listens to rap. I don't really like the music. Sooner or later I will have to listen to the music. It's not my cup of tea.
 north-coast
Msg: 11
Rap Music
Posted: 7/17/2011 2:57:44 PM
I think music taste would be a trivial reason not to date someone. If the biggest "flaw" about someone I was dating was their music taste, then I would be very happy. I listen to some rap along with other types of music. I dated men that listened to music that I didn't like. Having different music taste largely meant that we couldn't go to some concerts together. Which wasn't a big deal. Because we had other things in common and there were other things that we did together. When we were in the same area, we would either compromise and listen to music that both people can tolerate or one person would use headphones or there would be no music at all.
 Cdn_Iceman
Msg: 12
Rap Music
Posted: 7/17/2011 3:11:43 PM
I don't care if a woman listens to Rap music as long as she's open to listening to other genre of music, I don't care what the music is, I tend to avoid women that likes one genre of music, I don't care if its rap/hip hop/r &b/country/metal./opera what ever....

If its one genre, im not interested in meeting them.

Maybe that's why your man of your dreams is avoiding you, too much rap music, what do I think of a woman that likes rap music, depends on who she likes, if its gangsta rap and thats all she listens to I wouldn't think much of her, Some rap is good, and some of it is shit, I dont like the ones with the Ignorant, misogynistic lyrics from some 8th grade drop out thug that thinks they are cool.

You can only tolerate " ho's , b1tches, suck my beep, shoot this, shoot that" for so long before it starts getting on your nerves.
 warren_book
Msg: 13
Rap Music
Posted: 7/17/2011 3:24:42 PM

Yes. Some guys.

I'm wondering if I am judged by the type of music I listen to

Of course you are judged by the music you listen to.
You are also judged by your profession.
Your looks.
Your clothes.
Your smell.
Your height.
Your hair.
Your weight.
Your posture.
Your smile.
Your eyes.
Your skin.
Your measurements.
You are constantly being judged in innumerable ways...people call them "preferences" so they can avoid thinking of that bad "judgment" word and all its negative associations about themselves.
They are judging where you fit into their life if at all.
People go through their life associating "good" and "bad" with things.
Then they use what they learn.

Nothing much? I'd read/hear that and I would have the same reaction as though I read/heard she had 5 kids from different fathers, tattoos, or piercings, or just wanted to be friends, judge that we aren't compatible and I would move on.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 14
Rap Music
Posted: 7/17/2011 3:29:17 PM
I'm pretty old, so it would be weird for a woman my age to be listening to it. But I remember Wu Tang Clan back when you were a teenager, so I don't think it's odd at all.

I think the main problem is that you explicitly say you're looking for Christian man. Now a woman who likes rap is not going to be a match for a guy who listens to the syrupy pap that Christian music stations play. I wouldn't listen to either, and I don't know which would make me destroy a car radio quicker.
 scottey63
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Rap Music
Posted: 7/17/2011 4:23:53 PM
I believe I am seeking advice here and if you don't like my thread, just leave it alone.

Yes, touchy, touchy.

Don't post questions if you're not prepared for the answers.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Rap Music
Posted: 7/17/2011 4:29:08 PM

Yes. ANYTHING about you is going to be a turn off for some guys, and a turn on for others, and a who cares for the rest.

I'm wondering if I am judged by the type of music I listen to.

Yes. People who do judge, will do so with anything and everything about you. Some will think LESS of you for having different tastes than they do, some will think more of you for it, and some wont care.

Pancakes, probably.

I'm another person with eclectic tastes, and I listen to what pleases me, without caring who does or doesn't also like it.
 Spider_MacGyver
Msg: 17
Rap Music
Posted: 7/17/2011 5:07:25 PM
You guys are going to try to sit here and tell me you don't have room in your lives even for "baby got back"? what-EVAH.

Music is just one of a million areas where closed-minded judgementalness manifests. If they write off a cute girl like you for your taste in music... they're going to have rigid opinions about other things too I betcha.

So listen close to what I say.
Cause this types of shits happens every day.
 Sînz
Msg: 18
Rap Music
Posted: 7/17/2011 7:36:00 PM
It would not bother me at all but I also listen to rap on a regular basis. I also listen to rock, metal, country, jazz, R&B, classical, etc.. but I also like to keep an open mind and listen to different things.
 colt8301
Msg: 19
Rap Music
Posted: 7/18/2011 3:22:41 AM

I listen to a lot of hard-core rap, like Wu-Tang Clan and Mobb Deep. I also know a lot about rap music. Honestly, is this a turn-off for some guys? I'm wondering if I am judged by the type of music I listen to. What would you make of a woman who likes rap music?

Ah, your stuck in the 90's rap....me too if I listen to rap it's something from the 90's. Wu tang likes to use "big" vocabulary words one of the reasons I listened.

Personally it would not bother me what she listens to, as long as she doesn't bother me about what I listen to. (Movie Scores).
 UglyFroggieCritter
Msg: 20
Rap Music
Posted: 7/18/2011 3:43:28 AM
I wouldn't necessarily turn someone down because of their taste in music but

their attitude would certainly see me doing a 180.
 Justplainjohn
Msg: 21
Rap Music
Posted: 7/18/2011 6:55:16 AM
Music can be an integral part of your life. and most likely reflex the type of recreation that you seek..... concerts, dancing, festivals tv shows

Personally i may be able to handle the rap ...... but music in general can be a deal breaker. Hard Rock, Head bang'n rock, screaming rock, and country will all be deal breakers for me.
 TDH49
Msg: 22
Rap Music
Posted: 7/18/2011 7:36:19 AM
I wouldn't date a woman who likes rap
Shocking that you would feel this way.

OP a lot of men will never date you because you loving rap music in there view might point to you liking or having dated African American men in the past. That can be very intimidating to some and they just refuse to go there. Not saying you have mind you, just saying some men will think this way.

Go look at those thread about that topic and see how many posters just refuse to date white women who have dated Arfrican American men in the past. And you will see what I'm talking about. In there minds you very well could have been introduced to rap by black men you dated in the past. The music itself they could care less about, but what it represents to them in their weak minds is very imtimidating.

You like what you like. Most men is open minded enough to look past music without over thinking it. The other's weren't for you anyway so no point in trying to educate them.
 Darkbutcomely
Msg: 23
Rap Music
Posted: 7/18/2011 8:13:17 AM
My 6 4 grey blue eyed scottish ex husband who has a master in Accounting loves rap. Third coast rap is his favorite. He will be 40 this year and he rocks it in his brand new Audi A5 coup. LOL. You guys should expand your minds.
 _TALL_IQ2_
Msg: 24
Rap Music
Posted: 7/18/2011 8:18:45 AM
My 6 4 grey blue eyed scottish ex husband who has a master in Accounting loves rap. Third coast rap is his favorite. He will be 40 this year

Well, to be your next Ex, some more conservative guys may just be motivated to PROFESS to like whatever music you put on your CD player while sitting on your sofa cuddling and watching silly horror flicks..
You may have some influence in developing others tastes in music, through habituation and conditioning them not to run when it comes on..
 The_Song
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Rap Music
Posted: 7/18/2011 9:36:49 AM
That entirely depends on the guys preference in music in the end. If the guy likes hard-core rap music, i dont think they would mind it. But if they had rap music then you might have some problems
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Rap Music