Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > I am very confused about my co-worker.....      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 deere rancher
Msg: 2
I am very confused about my co-worker.....Page 1 of 1    
uh , WHAT !!?? I tried to follow your story ...but how many different ppl are we talking about here ....looks like the easy way to find is to ASK HIM !
 Lolita_LeBron
Msg: 3
I am very confused about my co-worker.....
Posted: 7/17/2011 7:17:39 PM
You are his boss, and should be setting an example for the rest of the office pool. People look to you as a role model and when you get involved in the whole "he likes you" nonsense with the other workers in the office, what happens next is that you become the topic of everyone's gossip. Adding him to your Facebook page and playing the "Like" game just as a joke to peeve him was childish. You provoked him with that political nonsense, simple.

You have to give thought to another thing: sexual harrassment. With the gossip going around already ( I am sure there is otherwise, your other co-workers wouldn't be telling you things), this man can get pissed over something someone else said, mistake a gesture of yours and file a complaint against you. Men can file them, too, in case you thought you were immune to it.

Quit playing games in the office and stick to what you go there, for which is work.
 808md
Msg: 4
Posted: 7/17/2011 7:18:59 PM
you are his boss? then keep the relationship purely professional.
 MsMuscleChick
Msg: 5
Posted: 7/17/2011 7:20:24 PM
I am doubling what Lolita said here. Good lord...you are his boss. WTF?
 _TALL_IQ2_
Msg: 6
Posted: 7/17/2011 7:20:47 PM

I think they are seeing things. What do you guys think?

what's confusing? he likes you, in a way that some of us would "Prefer Not To Say"..
 Lolita_LeBron
Msg: 8
Posted: 7/17/2011 7:41:44 PM

I just recently became his boss. I have worked with him for about 2 and a half years. I was just wondering. I am also telling these employees that it sounds like nothing.

How long you have worked with him has nothing to do with it, nor does when you became his boss. Point is, now, you already told people you think it is nothing, yet you entertain nonsense on Facebook and conversation with office peers about this young man. If anything were to happen, something bad, you already put it out there that it sounds like nothing.

Just do yourself a favor and try to live up to your position as a serious worker and someone's boss. You are supposed to be setting the example. Your peers don't even take you seriously by involving you in childish nonsense. What you mentioned in your opening thread is so junior high school.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 9
Posted: 7/17/2011 7:59:40 PM
Yes, he likes you.

And it sounds like you have been professional. Just wanted to use up one of the responses so there would be one less beating you up for asking if a guy is crushing on you.
 daynadaze
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 7/17/2011 8:06:11 PM
Is he 12? He sounds annoying and immature and if you are his boss, back way off or plan on losing your job if this keeps up. I'm sure you won't listen to me, but his actions are silly, I would not want him to put me in a bad position at work.
 scottey63
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 7/17/2011 8:09:56 PM
I think that now that you're his boss, the idea of dating him shouldn't even occur to you, regrdless of how long you've been his boss.
 unclezeus
Msg: 13
Posted: 7/17/2011 8:51:09 PM
The key word here is "Co-worker". If you value your job, forget about the co-worker.

What do you guys think?
...I get the feeling he is effeminate, or very inexperienced with girls. And if you are his boss at work, don't get involved with him.
 Cdn_Iceman
Msg: 14
Posted: 7/17/2011 9:15:50 PM
Okay Julietmirror not good kid, first thing he isn't a co worker, you're his BOSS, if you are going to go anywhere in life especially your career you need to separate your personal life and feelings from your work, you are there to earn revenue for the company and for yourself

Im sure some will say you cant help who you fall in love with and blah blah blah, and I think that's a crock, there are certain situations or lines you do not cross, and this is one of them.

You need to be professional about it, especially if you're a boss
 Smilingeyes10
Msg: 15
Posted: 7/17/2011 9:16:24 PM
OK let's take this forward a couple of months, and say you date him, and then the inevitable happens, you break up!!!

What then? How do you deal with this professionally? This is what you have to ask yourself. Management will see this as a huge RED FLAG and prospects for future promotions within the company will cease to exist. You are not only jeopardizing his job, you are jeopardizing your own future and any career you wanted with the company will fade into insignificance. Do you want a career or do you want to date a member of your team? Think carefully!

Don't mix business with pleasure, it doesn't work, trust me!
 motown cowgirl
Msg: 16
Posted: 7/18/2011 6:51:17 AM
Trust me, I am trying to play this off with the employees so that this doesn't get out of control.

The facebook thing was actually very annoying,

if you are annoyed by facebook, you are not in an effective or a competent position to be supervising others.

Everybody has their girl-ish crush, I suppose.

re-direct your childish interests into a less potentially harmful outlet. go stare at the Orlando Bloom poster on the back of your office door something. ;)

I am allowed to like someone without it becoming an office scandal.....

....but you definitely have the potential for turning it into a two-bit scandal. hmm let's see, that's about a year and a half's worth of sniping around the water cooler, at least. plus they will hit the "refresh" button on your little story at every xmas party/company picnic, guaranteed. then you will keep wondering what all the laughing is about that suddenly stops every time you approach.
 JD4Real29
Msg: 17
Posted: 7/18/2011 9:25:36 AM
On being professional:

Don't date co-workers and don't add co-workers to FB.
 getanet
Msg: 18
Posted: 7/18/2011 11:58:15 AM
Nothing good comes from Facebook. Yet another example for the archives.

YEAH he LIKES YOU. But, obviously YOU didn't think too much of him in the previous couple of years? Why now? He sounds really wishy-washy though. But, you kind of do too! Stop confusing each other and move on.
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 19
Posted: 7/18/2011 2:48:26 PM
I'm guessing he probably does.
As young guys can act very goofy when smitten.
But as his boss...ignore it for both yall's jobs.
Be the ice queen if you have to.
Best female bosses are that way.

Just save your warm queen side
for someone not connected to work.
 buckeye1332
Msg: 20
Posted: 7/18/2011 3:04:46 PM
Sounds like he is stalker-ish, and likes to play games.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > I am very confused about my co-worker.....