Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > I'd like to get my profile reviewed!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 grin_cat
Msg: 1
I'd like to get my profile reviewed!Page 1 of 1    
Hey, guys, I want to have my profile and pics reviewed. Lately I have had no luck getting responses and I suspect there's something wrong with my own profile, but I don't know what :-/
Thanks!!!
 1bellanella
Msg: 2
view profile
History
I'd like to get my profile reviewed!
Posted: 7/18/2011 2:18:33 PM
I like your pics. You may want to add some captions to let people know what you were doing and how recent the pics are.
I would make the "about me" section a bit more concise. It rambles from one topic to another. The part about being useful in the community needs to be changed.
 grin_cat
Msg: 3
Posted: 7/18/2011 11:56:21 PM
cool, thanks. I'm following your advise (slowly but steady).
I still expect more people to comment here!!!
 Skotch
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 7/19/2011 7:08:40 AM
Pictures: Yah, they're good. Like the other poster said, maybe some (more) captions, possibly dates on them to let gals know if its been years since you looked like that.

Interests: Good work there too. I was going to think that Knowledge and Thinking are pretty much the same thing, but really, it doesn't matter to a computer who's trying to match up like interests.

About Me: Like a resume, you don't want it to be a wall of text. Add a blank line between paragraphs. I say this a lot to people that I review.

I am also pleased when I work out but so far it has been somewhat complicated the 'eat healthy' part- since I eat at work I don't have too many options, in fact I have only two: I eat or I don't :-/ and I usually chose the first one unless there is fish to eat.
Work out and eat are two different things and you slide from work out to eat like they're the same thing. "...has been somewhat complicated the 'eat healthy' part-' I have no idea what you're saying here. I think you need to end a sentence and start another properly, otherwise it doesn't read well. You also make it sound like eating at work is unhealthy. Its not *inherently* unhealthy. I eat very well at work. Why is eating at your work not eating healthy? Maybe your two options should be "eat unhealthy or don't eat at all." That would tell my your food options aren't all that healthy at work. You usually chose to eat unless there's fish to eat? Then you chose not to eat? I guess it works if that's what you actually mean, but again, it reads really awkward. Even if you hate fish.

I am Argentinian
English is a second language? Or at least the US dialect? This would explain a lot, although really doesn't change what I'm going to say or have said. Anyway...

I get on best
I'm assuming that California is not that much different speaking than Wisconsin, and "I get on best" is not a common phrase. 'I get along best' is much more clear, but still makes you sound foreign (which may not be a bad thing). If you want to sound more natural you'd probably want something like "I like people who.." or "I get along with people who are..."

This is just a pet-peeve of mine. You say you get (along) well with people who are assertive but then state you're looking for someone who's laid back. I see versions of this all the time where people say they're a "go getter" but then later say they're "laid back." Its kind of mutually exclusive or combinations that don't go together. You can't be tall and short at the same time, in other words. That's just me and your example is not nearly as bad as some I've read. (I like to stay in and like to go out... ffs, which do you prefer?!)

First Date: This is good. You've combined a "whatever works" (which is usually a cop out in this section) with specific examples.
 grin_cat
Msg: 5
Posted: 7/19/2011 9:48:16 AM
Thanks Skotch, I got some work to do in my profile...
 grin_cat
Msg: 6
Posted: 7/20/2011 9:55:33 PM
any better?? I did some small changes to the profile to see if I can get more concise whit what I want to say. I also added captions to some pictures.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > I'd like to get my profile reviewed!