Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Your child with you on your profile picture good/bad?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Rozewater
Msg: 2
Your child with you on your profile picture good/bad?Page 1 of 1    
Unfortunately it's becoming more common, especially with men for some reason. I find it's in poor taste to have children in your photos on a DATING site. First, the child has no say whether his/her photo is plastered everywhere on the net and second it's a DATING site - it's about you not the child. Mention you have children in your profile. Keep the family album for Facebook.
 Rozewater
Msg: 4
Your child with you on your profile picture good/bad?
Posted: 7/19/2011 3:31:04 AM
Well, why bother asking then?
 CallmeKen
Msg: 5
Posted: 7/19/2011 3:43:10 AM

i would say come on guys/girls get a grip!

Rant over? Good. Facts of life. This is a DATING website. This is NOT a "show off your kid" website. There are half a bazillion photo sharing websites for that. Heck, make a Facebook page for her. I don't care.

I have a son. He is the crowning achievement of my life. I have a drawer full of his pictures. But not here. Never here. Your photos should be about you. Dates should get to know you. Not your kid - at least not at first.

Using your kid like a puppy in the park to pick up women is a douchebag thing to do. You're not going to convince me otherwise, so don't try. Just delete the two photos. Problem solved. And while you're at it, delete the one with your "niice". Some women don't like approaching guys who have other women on their arm. Yes, I know, she's family. She still has a vagina. That counts.

Really, people dig in their heels on the weirdest stuff. If this is the worst battle you have in life, fall to your knees and count yourself blessed.
 motown cowgirl
Msg: 9
Posted: 7/19/2011 4:14:48 AM
Thats your opinion though i dissagree and i feel its good for someone to see you how you are every day and not just your absoloute best pics. Good views though but i hate the pc do gooders that go on about weirdos being every where waiting to pounce and thats kind of my main grievence

no, your main grievance is that you hate to hear people who have strong opinions contrary to your own, because you only want to hear your own strong opinions.

look at it this way... if you find a pc do gooder lady who freaks out about the pic of your kid on a dating site, there goes another person you don't want to date. and that's life. why don't you just get on with it and allow other people the same freedom of expression that you demand for yourself?
 Tree633
Msg: 10
Posted: 7/19/2011 4:32:33 AM
Post the pics you like. Those who object to them will weed themselves out. Do you really want to date a closed minded and critical lady who thinks that since this is a dating site only dating is allowed or that a picture of a father with his child is in poor taste or wrong saying things like, The child didn't have a choice!". A person who says that believes they are standing up for child rights and are blind to beating you up because they are negative, critical, and self centered thinking. They believe they have been taken advantage of ( and may have been) so see it in everything they see. It's the huge plank in the eye Christ talked about. They don't see truth. It looks like you have pics up that display your life and what's important to you along with shots so that a potential partner has a good idea of who you are ahead of time. That's very nice on your part. Look at your motive for what you did. Then compare it to what others say are the motive you followed.

You probably read women's profiles just as most of us men do. You've probably seen the same things I have. Most women post pics of their kids, dogs, cats, sunsets, nature shots, etc.... almost everything but them. That's indicative of something, maybe a person who lives by feelings rather than rational thought. What does a picture of a sunset convey about a person's character and integrity? The only thing that comes to my mind is it's indicative of a person who lives by how they feel, which means they're not living by truth, rational thinking, etc.... Make sense? A rational woman can have pictures of her children or car just as men may do. Nothing wrong with that. Many put up unposed pictures of themselves engaged in activities taken by a friend. Others put up posed shots or a combination of posed and unposed.

Watch out for those who criticize you for what you do. Who wants a critical person tearing them down every day? Watch out for those who believe they are their emotions. Emotions are not truthful and color the truth. Watch out for people who say, "I feel" when they should be saying, "I think" or "I know". The things most people are critical over are the very things they do. Ever heard of for every finger you point at someone, you have 3 pointing back? They believe they are speaking truthfully, but are really judging themselves and showing the world how black their heart is. They need love, the best love there is, one that fills and changes perspectives one heart at a time - Christ's.

Don't change to increase your chances. That's goal focused thinking and leads many to manipulate. People want an opposite sex partner and willing to do most anything to get one including changing themselves to attract another. Bad, self-centered thinking. Maybe that's one reason why the divorce rate is so high. They give, then the fantasy comes crashing down and suddenly they're not giving any more and the taking begins. The walls come crashing down. Many women say the men stopped pursuing. Tells me the women didn't know the difference between a man pursuing the woman he loves and a self-centered man getting what he wants. Only a self-centered person is blind to self-centeredness. Many women never really love their husband. They just loved being chased, in a relationship, the security of a relationship, having children, etc... As proof I offer up what many women will confess to or one you may have experienced - women trying to change men. If they loved them, they wouldn't change a thing about them. Instead of complaining about his eccentricities, they'd be rejoicing over them for that's what they should have fallen in love with. Make sense?

Be yourself. Ignore the haters. Listen to what people say, learning to distinguish self-centered vindictive advice from wise counsel. Look for a woman who lists her preferences, likes and dislikes. Avoid the ones who criticize or describe things by what they don't like. They are the narccist judgementalists. (That's why the world is hot on positive thinking now. A person in judgment has a very critical point of view. A preference will be seen as a negative thing by them. If a person were truly positive they would see murder as a positive thing, not a good or bad thing, etc... get it? A realist sees things just as they are without discussing unseen motives. They observe what IS said and done and speak only to that. That's usually when the judgmental person screams, Stop judging! They want you to view them as they want the world to view them, knowing deep down from guilt and conviction that what they do is wrong, but not ready to face it. They view themselves harshly and believe you view them harshly.)

Be you and let the world weed itself out.
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 12
Posted: 7/19/2011 4:40:42 AM
It shows what I consider to be lack of common sense.

Who are you advertising dans,YOU or some baby you had with someone you no longer like.?

It puts the picture of" Oh geez I have to deal with baby momma da rama."

Because its now OUT THERE she cheated on you.

You are shooting yourself in the foot online with that pic.....

You asked.......You got opinions.
 Tree633
Msg: 14
Posted: 7/19/2011 5:01:13 AM
Re-read my post. I edited it slightly to make it read better. The post above yours is a case in point of the mote in peoples eyes. She sees your baby as bringing drama into your life and it spilling over into your dating life. Guess who has drama in their life and it follows them around like a bad stink? It's not you. They see drama where none exists. That means their life is drama. The drama most speak of is the result of the person's inability to deal with life. Many cope with life instead of living it and living thru the ups and downs. People with drama believe it's in everybody elses life, not theirs.

Ever hear the joke of the blonde who went to the doctor saying she hurts everywhere? The doc examined her and couldn't find anything wrong. He then asked her again and she touched her finger to her forearm and yelled out in pain. Doc said, your finger is broken.

That's what the mote in a person's eye does. Their belief system is revealed by how they see things. A drama filled person sees drama everywhere and will let you know in no uncertain terms, just as any other sin-nature reveals itself. The planks hurt when you jam them in.
 MsSookieStackhouse
Msg: 15
Posted: 7/19/2011 5:23:45 AM
I wouldn't be too happy if my sons father posted our sons photos on an adult dating website. If you want to share pics of your kids then open up a photobucket account or send them privately.
 Skotch
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 7/19/2011 5:44:32 AM
I find it odd that callmeken says something about using your kid to pick up women is a douchy thing to do but here he has his guineau pig (adorable) doing the same thing. I see nothing wrong with having a picture or two of you and your kids and it would be somewhat hypocritical of me as most of my pictures have one or both of my pets in it.

Your main picture should be a little a head shot though, and I haven't really seen a good head shot photo with a kid in it. That's not a horrible sin, but its something to think aobut.

(side note, peppermint made the same point as callmeken and isn't hypocritical about it, but I'm still gunna stick to my guns and saying having a picture of you with your kid is just showing that this is who you are).
 MsSookieStackhouse
Msg: 18
Posted: 7/19/2011 5:55:26 AM

And if a dating is one of the most natural things a human can do next to dating sleeping and breathing ...

huh?

what the problem is with your ex having a pic with him self on a dating site?

I guess I didn't make my statement clear enough. I meant that if my sons dad posted a pic of my son on an adult dating website I'd be pissed. This isn't the place for kids pictures. There are tons of pervs on here - and I mean tons! And do you know how easy it is for someone to lift photos from your profile and post them somewhere else?
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 19
Posted: 7/19/2011 6:08:23 AM

! it is a discussion forum isnt it ?

Not if you READ the rules op.

FORUM RULES:
"No Threads, Posts or Messages for the Purpose of Chatting "

Chatting is having a discussion.

Also you asked it in a survey type question..also against the rules if you READ.

Maybe you need a bit of help reading. Thankyou

^^^^^^^^^^^^You're welcome.

You list single not divorced..So you don't have an ex wife you have a BABY MAMMA.

peppermint just because i posted a discussion on infidelity doesnt mean i have been cheated on!

According to your defender whom I "moted" .Of course it does. LOL
vvvvvvvvv

Cheating is DA RAMA is it not?
Making babies with women you do not intend on being with is DA RAMA............

You asked about opinions of the picture.
You asked about cheating.

Just ask yourself for opinions next time.
Maybe polarize the thread since you can't read rules and think men give more intelligent answers..HISTORY people!!!

You came seeking validation.PERIOD.

It is not appropriate in any circumstance to post a childs picture on an adult dating website..

As said save it for facebook and share with who cares...........
 MsSookieStackhouse
Msg: 21
Posted: 7/19/2011 6:15:14 AM
"Your child with you on your profile picture good/bad??"

You asked the question. I'm giving my own opinion.

I say "bad".
 motown cowgirl
Msg: 24
Posted: 7/19/2011 6:48:42 AM
Mssooki can you explain why you would feel that way ?

well um, i'm not speaking for her or nuttin' but maybe she doesn't want to add to the ONLINE PEDOPHILE CATALOG....

And if a dating is one of the most natural things a human can do next to dating sleeping and breathing

i am sure you take a dump every day and that's pretty darn natural too, but we don't want to see a picture of it.... k?

but i would just like to no the exact problem rather than your emotion of it

i don't think you are capable of seeing the exact problem. i think you are only capable of seeing things your way... as evidenced by every single one of your posts to date.... perhaps that's why you are a SINGLE daddy. but for some reason you have this overwhelming need to be "natural" by posting a pic of you and your kid on an adult dating site. wtf. as others have said, if you insist on sharing these photos with your audience, then you can still do that by making them PRIVATE images while at the same time not creating unnecessary risk for your kid by adding to the "free online catalog of cute kids for pedophiles and baby-snatchers". but if somebody dates ken just to get their hot lil' hands on his guinea pig (look out, ken!!), nobody except ken will bat an eye about it. as a matter of fact, the police will be laughing when he calls. there's the difference. mmmm..... cuy con frijoles.... ken stay away from those ecuadorean ladies will ya. just sayin'
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Your child with you on your profile picture good/bad?