Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > TMI? Less is more?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 HeartOfGoldGuy
Msg: 1
view profile
History
TMI? Less is more?Page 1 of 1    
Hello, I would appreciate any feedback on my profile. I have changed it a few times, it as gone from being too heartfelt, to too silly, to too sexy. Now I feel it might be too long LOL. I get some good feedback on it, but I am seeking to improve it. Maybe a pic of a more handsome guy sailing a boat or posing in front of an expensice car would improve it LOL.
Thank you for your feedback.
 Skotch
Msg: 2
view profile
History
TMI? Less is more?
Posted: 7/19/2011 6:34:00 AM
Pictures: You've got a couple with you holding the camera to the mirror in the bathroom. I've heard multiple people say this is bad. I don't think getting rid of them is going to help but maybe having better ones to replace it would. Unlike the previous poster, I like the picture of you with the woman, but I'd make her smiley face, as if this could be you and you'd be happy, not bored! I really don't understand the joke with the hoody picture/caption.

Interests: Anything that doesn't come up in blue text is not searchable or won't match you up and vice versa with gals like do the same thing. Such as spectacular weather is not going to match you up with some 41 year old hot blonde who put watching storms. It's a two way street, but at least think about holding up your end there. You've got enough there that its not a big deal, but might want to think about it if the ones that aren't are something you really like.

About Me: I can't stress enough how intimidating your text looks. I haven't even started to read it and I'm kind of dreading it. Add lines of spaces between your paragraphs and it'll look a lot more friendly.

Well intentioned , optimistic. Sexy bohemian professional, strong, genuine, modest, ;) good physique, fun loving, passionate, caring, good libido, irreverent, possessing a quick wit and slight edge and no lack of adjectives when talking about me me me.
You don't say? From this I realize that you're not modest, you don't even pretend to fake it. "Sexy", "passionate", and "good libido" can be or are references to sex. Generally you want to *try* to keep that on a low-down. I'd just get rid of "good libido." If you don't, ffs take off "modest." Really when you start listing off more than three adjectives you lose me. What are your main ones. Modesty, quick wit, slight edge, well intentioned, optimisitc, and genuine can all be shown in your profile without having to say it. They also tend to be things that are "in the eyes of the beholder."

I want one woman only, someone good to me, never to be taken for granted.
Who's not going to be taken for granted?
-never to take each other for granted.
-who would never take me for granted.
-who I would never take for granted.
Its not a big deal, but your whole profile reads like this. Ever watch lord of the rings? Remember pretty boy elf guy with the white hair? Legolas or whoever. Every one of his lines in those movies is some corny catch phrase. Yah, your profile is like that.

I enjoy hiking, or whatever you call walks in the woods.
People call that hiking. Your whatever line makes me want to tell you not to be a dumbass.

Im a a Little League Dad
Here's a good time to mention your grammer. Put a space after each period (or two), after each comma, etc etc. Remember to use ' on all your I'ms, can'ts, you'res, etc. I'd actually say the spacing is the most important part, it makes it easier to read. If you hadn't figured it out, the quote above needs to remove an 'a'.

Site says I have no fish personality. Fish Chow wasn't available.
huh? Not the joke, I'm sure I'd get the joke if I understood why (this?) site says you have no personality. By the way, do you like avoiding the pronoun in the beginning of the sentence? Its alright once or twice, but you use it so much it becomes work filling in the assumed in my head.

card to be redeemed by gr
Is this part of the joke? That we're not supposed to know how to redeem the card? Or does "gr" mean something? It started funny, the punch line sucks.

get matching tattoos after cleaning my basement.
Maybe its just not my type of humor, but this was dumb. Don't be a dumbass?

Sorry if I came off a little harsh. I tend to do that every once in a while. Your profile again reads like a bunch of cliche's. This might work, but when I look at it subjectively I just view you in a bad light. At least space the paragraphs out so I have a little rest for my eyes when I'm reading it.
 HeartOfGoldGuy
Msg: 3
view profile
History
TMI? Less is more?
Posted: 7/19/2011 10:42:50 AM
That pic is supposed to be amusing, I don't think its going to turn anyone off. And if they dont have a sense of humor, I don't mind if they are turned off. I'd like to hear a woman's POV.
Long and rambling long winded prose! LOL. Hey you used the word " long" two times, couldn't you come up with something more original? Only kidding, thanks for the feedback.
 HeartOfGoldGuy
Msg: 4
view profile
History
TMI? Less is more?
Posted: 7/20/2011 8:15:34 PM
Im working on shortening this, but I get some good feedback, its humorous. Should I start over, keeping it short and sweet?
 SunnyGal42
Msg: 5
TMI? Less is more?
Posted: 7/20/2011 8:49:25 PM
You re a VERY good looking guy,( too bad I live in Washington state) BUT

Too long of a profile. I stopped readin after 3 paragraphs.

Try to MAKE it 3 paragraphs with about 3 - 4 sentences each paragraph so it's not so overwhelming

=)
 HeartOfGoldGuy
Msg: 6
view profile
History
TMI? Less is more?
Posted: 7/20/2011 9:05:00 PM
Thank you for taking the time to reply, and the kind compliment. I agree, its time to do some editing!
 HeartOfGoldGuy
Msg: 7
view profile
History
TMI? Less is more?
Posted: 8/1/2011 11:42:53 AM
This a completely refurbished profile. Much shorter, less comical. Feedback please. Thank you!
 Mr. Natural
Msg: 8
TMI? Less is more?
Posted: 8/1/2011 12:18:39 PM
The short profile is better but you also need some descriptions of your interests that include how your woman could share them with you and have fun, so she can picture herself with you. Give her some visual imagery.

I'd lose the pic in the kitchen since its poor quality. Ironically your best two pics are the self shots, as far as showing off that you're in good shape, physique, etc. If you could get someone else to take pics of you dressed like that, where they're not tilted and grainy, that would be an improvement.
 HeartOfGoldGuy
Msg: 9
view profile
History
TMI? Less is more?
Posted: 12/19/2011 7:46:22 PM
I have made some changes, I would appreciate any feedback, thanks!
 JAD2011
Msg: 10
TMI? Less is more?
Posted: 12/19/2011 8:07:47 PM
I looked at your profile. I checked the photos first (as I normally do when looking at a profile). I will say that all photos show a gray headed man (and I love gray hair) but your profile stats listed you as having black hair. Just a small thing but if it doesn't match it makes a person wonder why ... are you wishing you still had black hair or just picked that randomly.

As for the entire profile itself. Honestly ... it seems very disjointed to me. Just random thoughts made into what are supposed to be sentences. It doesn't read well (and I couldn't even make myself read the entire thing) and it doesn't "flow". lol

I know that some people say photos taken of yourself in the mirror are bad but lets face it ... sometimes you just don't have someone else around to take a photo of you. After all ... you are single ... most likely living alone (unless you have kids in the home) so taking your own photo can be a necessity. So I don't think self-photos are so horribly bad. They are better than no photos at all.

JAD
 RedElectric
Msg: 11
TMI? Less is more?
Posted: 12/19/2011 10:22:41 PM

Maybe a pic of a more handsome guy sailing a boat or posing in front of an expensice car would improve it LOL.

NO! Only gold diggers care about your toys!!
I *loathe* guys with shirtless photos, 5 pics of his car, his boat, his motorcycle... NO ONE BUT YOU CARES! Funny that those guys like girls who are non materialistic. LoL
 HeartOfGoldGuy
Msg: 12
view profile
History
TMI? Less is more?
Posted: 12/20/2011 10:47:36 AM
A friend of mine suggested taking my photos off. Sheesh, that hurt! She also told me that I am " way hotter in person." I know am not very photogenic type. But I think it sounds pathetic to write " hey, Im better looking in person." But... I am!!!
 HeartOfGoldGuy
Msg: 13
view profile
History
TMI? Less is more?
Posted: 12/21/2011 7:53:16 PM
I want to attract a non materialistic type.
 You go first
Msg: 14
TMI? Less is more?
Posted: 12/21/2011 9:47:38 PM
The main photo should be that big smile, but closer up/shoulders and head. If you can't convince one of your kids or a co-worker to take your photo, pretend you're a tourist and get a stranger to do it.

The profile spends way too much time blahblahblahblah in the opening. Fast-forward to the details. Start with the line about being in NYC (etc.).

I really had a hard time reading it without little paragraphs (like I've done here). Please try and edit in some white space.

The quotes are too much. One, maybe, but this is too many.

What are your introduction messages like??
 HeartOfGoldGuy
Msg: 15
view profile
History
TMI? Less is more?
Posted: 12/25/2011 8:29:51 PM
I mowed down the first 2 paragraphs, and eliminated the additional quotes. Hope this reads better. Thank you for your input! Merry Christmas.
 rec_diver
Msg: 16
TMI? Less is more?
Posted: 12/25/2011 8:36:29 PM
I heard it's almost impossible to get a date with one of those smiley faced people, how the heck did you do it?

Are they really that happy or is that just the face they show to the public?
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > TMI? Less is more?