Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > When should a Guy throw in the Towel ?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 GothamCityBoy
Msg: 1
When should a Guy throw in the Towel ?Page 1 of 1    
I have a friend that's 3 month's into dating this woman.
She's been hounding him about deleting chick's numbers from his phone, yahoo address
book and Facebook page.
I told him to tell her he already did !
But he's soooo in love !
So when should a guy....." Throw in the towel ".....3 months.....6.....a year ?
 808md
Msg: 2
When should a Guy throw in the Towel ?
Posted: 7/21/2011 4:53:03 PM
I would never let anybody tell me to "delete" my past.
 Janet_Always
Msg: 3
Posted: 7/21/2011 4:53:54 PM
I think when someone starts hounding me about anything, I'd just apologize for my atrocious behavior... and tell him to never call me again.

Can't this twit just wait to get married to start nagging like the rest of us?
 MissNoWhere
Msg: 4
Posted: 7/21/2011 5:03:15 PM
Well obviously he will be the one to make that decision once he's actually at the point where it's no longer acceptable to him. Everyone has a different threshold for what they deem acceptable and not.

I don't think it's wise that you told him to lie to her. If she's been hounding him she's most likely also checked up on it and will continue to do so. Telling him to lie to her does not make him look good and if he were to tell her that you were the one who suggested it, ahhhh that could spell a lot of trouble for you and your friendship. Remember, he is "soooo in love."
 GypsyEyes50
Msg: 5
Posted: 7/21/2011 5:04:12 PM
MY definition for "throw in the towel" in the relationship arena is to quit, to end it, to walk away. But, unless I'm mistaken, I think in the context of your post it means to do the stuff your friend's GF has requested????

So, in that context
1) Female contacts a man has in a variety of mediums fall into many categories, from platonic friends, to former co-workers, to whatever. No matter what, to expect a blanket delete of all females is plain unreasonable, at any point in the relationship.
2) How has this woman come aware of whose numbers he has?
3) Honestly, I've never made inquiries as to whose numbers a man has, nor spoken of his needing to delete any, even yrs into a relationship. I HAVE, however, expected him to be faithful, once we have agreed to a monogamous one-on-one relationship. IF I have sound reason to think he is behaving otherwise, I'll bring it up....otherwise, I could not care less whose numbers he has! (Nor has anyone asked for what numbers I have and/or demanded I get rid of them!)
 Beachgirltoo
Msg: 6
Posted: 7/21/2011 5:10:12 PM
That is really nonsense. Obviously there is some kind of trust issue going on if she's pulling that. Have I been living in a cave? Does throwing in the towel mean you're deleting all of your past history ?
 GothamCityBoy
Msg: 7
Posted: 7/21/2011 5:12:51 PM
Yes, it means you're being a simulated....like the Borg from Star trek !
 Red Fish GF
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 7/21/2011 5:30:56 PM
seuleforums
3) Honestly, I've never made inquiries as to whose numbers a man has, nor spoken of his needing to delete any, even yrs into a relationship. I HAVE, however, expected him to be faithful, once we have agreed to a monogamous one-on-one relationship. IF I have sound reason to think he is behaving otherwise, I'll bring it up....otherwise, I could not care less whose numbers he has! (Nor has anyone asked for what numbers I have and/or demanded I get rid of them!)

I wouldn't be in a relationship with someone who insisted I get rid of all phone numbers and friends on social networking sites that are male. My SO has never asked to see who is in the contacts on my phone. He has NO reason to. I don't expect him to delete females from his contacts either.
 808md
Msg: 9
Posted: 7/21/2011 5:31:52 PM
I outing myself as a geek and no girl will ever contact me again...but dude...it's assimilated.
 Melannie1
Msg: 10
Posted: 7/21/2011 5:43:39 PM
Hi GothamCity Boy.... sounds like you are concerned about your friend. However; it is his life. From what you stated your friend is 'in love'. He appears to not mind this woman hounding him. Really Mr GothamCityBoy, is this really your business? If he is in love with her..... let him be in love. Obviously, clingy and paranoid women do not work for you however, they are working for him. Just concentrate on your own life.... and support him if the separation does occur. Melannie 1
 GothamCityBoy
Msg: 11
Posted: 7/21/2011 5:51:52 PM
Well, Melannie !

He's my friend and he mentioned this to me !
Because he's in love doesn't mean he's nuts.....guys always need a punch of reality when they flip over some she devil.
And as for supporting him if this thing collapse......yeah right, I'll be the one telling him I told ya so !
 femaleconnection
Msg: 12
Posted: 7/21/2011 9:03:56 PM
If someone asked me to delete contacts from any device to soothe thier ego I would lose alot of respect for them. It all goes down hill from there.
 sweet_n_heart
Msg: 13
Posted: 7/22/2011 8:23:32 AM
I'm sure your friend is a smart guy, so if it truly bugged him or whatever, he would drop her like a hot potato.

Unfortunately, right now, what she's doing he's accepting and since he's "in love", he will accept this disrespect for probably awhile.

I personally wouldn't want to be with someone who didn't trust me. NO ONE has the right to tell me to delete all my male contacts on everything.
 running_wild89
Msg: 14
Posted: 7/23/2011 1:24:11 PM
the man needs to put his foot down.

PREACH
 abelian
Msg: 15
Posted: 7/23/2011 2:47:05 PM

But he's soooo in love !

If he's sooooo in love, he would have already done it without her having to ask.
 geoffonpof1
Msg: 16
Posted: 7/23/2011 3:42:33 PM
IMHO seems like she is having issues in the area of trust/jealousy. Regarding her "hounding me" that reeks with "control tendencies."
He sooooo in love with her, shouldn't that prove to her that he has no interest in having a FWB relationship with anyone.
Senario: what if he has female co-workers that are friends what will he do, quit his job?
 unclezeus
Msg: 17
Posted: 7/23/2011 4:57:08 PM

But he's soooo in love !

Never. You don't delete your history. You put it away, but you don't delete it.

And he is NOT in love. He is infatuated. There is a big difference. Tell him to tell her to shut up about it, because he isn't going to delete anything. Nor should he delete anything.
 never2old2race
Msg: 18
Posted: 7/23/2011 5:32:39 PM
Tell your friend to find someone else and gets his nuts off of the wacko. Unless he like drama. And if that's the case.. I'd just shut up.. pull up a chair and watch the "dramatic show" and thank the heavens above that the friend is not you. Bring some popcorn with you next time you see him. I'm with Unclezeus on this on.
 Lolita_LeBron
Msg: 19
Posted: 7/23/2011 6:12:05 PM
No one ever truly deletes anything. They usually keep it hidden in a place that cannot be found by anyone but the person who hid them.

When you are sure of someone's love, you don't need any additional confirmations.

Guess we know how that turned out.
 Darkbutcomely
Msg: 20
Posted: 7/25/2011 6:06:07 AM
NEVER. NEVER give up those numbers you might need them one day. And if she is so insecure as to be hounding him 3 months into the relationship GOOD luck to his dog after a year. I see a bunny boiler.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > When should a Guy throw in the Towel ?