Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > What do women want?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 GWSmith
Msg: 2
What do women want?Page 1 of 17    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)
They all want something different.
 morta1ez
Msg: 3
view profile
History
What do women want?
Posted: 7/22/2011 8:28:38 PM
If any of us new that we would either be in loving relationships or run screaming to the hills.
 dminjb
Msg: 4
What do women want?
Posted: 7/22/2011 8:32:30 PM
A man who looks like Matthew McConaughey, sings like Barry White, is as smart as Bill Gates, as rich as Donald Trump, who likes to sweep, vacume, cook, clean, do laundry and iron, all while naked and telling me how beautiful I am ...
 morta1ez
Msg: 5
view profile
History
What do women want?
Posted: 7/22/2011 8:46:00 PM

A man who looks like Matthew McConaughey, sings like Barry White, is as smart as Bill Gates, as rich as Donald Trump, who likes to sweep, vacume, cook, clean, do laundry and iron, all while naked and telling me how beautiful I am ...

So running into the woods screaming it is.
 RazaMixta
Msg: 6
What do women want?
Posted: 7/22/2011 8:48:06 PM
Women's needs and wants may change over time, as she grows and matures but...

~A man who can kill spiders ...! That's awesome! Seriously! For 2 reasons, 1 because it is a real need and 2 because the whole idea had me tingle with not only excitement but riotous laughter... Honestly! when was the last time someone offered to kill spiders for you?

~Caressed, I like being caressed ... I will NEVER outgrow that.
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 7
What do women want?
Posted: 7/22/2011 8:48:30 PM
Every woman wants something different and when they have it they want something else. My quess is there is no answer to this question. Just nod and say yes dear!
 morta1ez
Msg: 8
view profile
History
What do women want?
Posted: 7/22/2011 8:57:31 PM

Women's needs and wants may change over time, as she grows and matures but...

~A man who can kill spiders ...! That's awesome! Seriously! For 2 reasons, 1 because it is a real need and 2 because the whole idea had me tingle with not only excitement but riotous laughter... Honestly! when was the last time someone offered to kill spiders for you?

~Caressed, I like being caressed ... I will NEVER outgrow that.

So you liked my profile.
 RazaMixta
Msg: 9
What do women want?
Posted: 7/22/2011 9:04:11 PM
Best profile I've read so far!

Got to tell you Mortalez we have a lot more spiders here in Victoria than in Texas ... you could consider expanding.
 oldsoul_new1911
Msg: 11
What do women want?
Posted: 7/22/2011 9:32:07 PM

What do women want?

For you to know what you want, be honest about it, consistent about it, to take responsibility for it, and let her worry about what she wants.

Rather than know what you want, keep it secret or pretend you want something more agreeable, figure out what she wants so you can manipulate how she sees you so you can then try to give her what she wants for a little bit, just long enough to get what you "really" want, and then go away.

I read all the profile's and you see most of them say, honesty, kind, caring, fun man

That's because they are idiots and doing the same thing as what a lot of men do.
Just throw this crap out there because it seemed like a good idea at the time, hide what they really want, try to control everything to guarantee they get what they want without ever having to take responsibility for it.

So I was just wandering what does a lady really want?

Which is it? A lady or a woman? Try to be consistent with at least your questions.
A lady wants a manse and a master of the house with a southern foghorn leghorn accent, to throw soirees and cotillion balls, to maintain equanimity in the face of adversity and those that act like less than gentleman, to exude a sense of class, wealth, bustles, stablemen and houseboys.
Yeah, I recently read one of my grandma's bodice rippers while waiting for her eye appointment to be done.

Someone they can show off or someone they can be happy with.

Why can't it be both?

Just sort of confused...not meaning anything by it, ugly or mean or anything

I don't think you are confused...I just think you are insecure and aren't getting what you want when you want it and like to blame others.
 merchantcarnival
Msg: 12
What do women want?
Posted: 7/23/2011 1:33:28 AM
Because this is a free site, many women search for that "home run" of a boyfriend since there's no financial consequences of being on the site.

They say "I want an honest, caring guy. I want a chivalrous guy" blah blah blah...but as many guys on here (us average guys) have figured out, most women on here are looking for a hunk regardless of how douchey his personality is.

In general, the male/female situation is a lot like the movie Forrest Gump (only a guy doesn't have to be mentally retarded to experience what he experienced with Jenny before she got her head out of the clouds.) In their 20s, they chase the hot guy that gives them the drama and excitement they want (in the form of emotional and/or physical abuse.) Then the woman is too old to attract that type of guy anymore, and also wants to settle down and have kids, and realizes that the stable/regular guy isn't so bad after all.
 valenciacityx
Msg: 13
What do women want?
Posted: 7/23/2011 1:36:59 AM
***** Mmmmm, what want by woman you have brought to search ....mmmm?
Woman is neither want nor don't want - woman is all guess, mystery, puzzle - you should try to riddle Sphynx you should.... mmmmm. impatient wantabe PUA Jedi.
channelling my inner Yoda - What ever she would say she would want - needs to be couched with the reactions and reality that are done, rather than said. Pay attention to her words - her actions more. You will find they are more than often incongruous - and it is only a matter of time before you are guilty of 'not listening'
Enjoy the game.
My every favorite - well yes, that is what I said, but what I meant was ! Look for the double bonus points if the event happens in the bedroom.
 morta1ez
Msg: 14
view profile
History
What do women want?
Posted: 7/23/2011 1:48:45 AM

*Get a profile review.
*Stop thinking that all women are the same and want the same things.
*Read profiles more carefully and look for someone who actually has things in common with you, specific things.
*Send messages to women who have specific things in common with you and mention in the mail the specific reasons why you contacted her.
*Stop thinking all woman are the same. Each woman is an individual.

What makes you think he has not done just those things? plenty men only send messages to those who have like interests and they still get rejected. if this guy gets the same reaction from all the women he contacts of cource he will start to believe all or most women are the same. I have messaged women who 's profile stated they sought the exact sane things as me and got read/delete, one of my friends got a thanks but no thanks and their profiles were almost identical in the interests section read through the bull and you will find this is common male and female.
 SylvanSwan
Msg: 15
What do women want?
Posted: 7/23/2011 2:06:50 AM

...but it seems like if your not gods gift to women then they just pass you by. I know some men on here may be gods gift to women but alot of us are just average...

Why are you so fixated on "gods gift to women" ... ? What does that mean to you?

To me, it means an entitled, narcisstic and stuck-up man, the type that are really into themselves. The type of man that really irritates me (and probably most women).

Why are you so confused about women? You have been in relationships before, oui?
 morta1ez
Msg: 16
view profile
History
What do women want?
Posted: 7/23/2011 2:27:57 AM

Why are you so fixated on "gods gift to women" ... ? What does that mean to you?

To me, it means an entitled, narcisstic and stuck-up man, the type that are really into themselves. The type of man that really irritates me (and probably most women).

Why are you so confused about women? You have been in relationships before, oui?

He is prolly talking about that guy who all the girls stare and giggle at at the gym after making noises like "hmm mm mm", or that guy who has not had a job since he was 16 and he drops his girlfriend off at work in HER car and takes it too the carwash and washes it with no shirt, or the one who has the 2 hottest girl in the bar fighting over him at brewsky's every friday night.

We have all met those guys and now they owe their easy life to nothing more than a luck stroke of genetics.
 Walts
Msg: 17
What do women want?
Posted: 7/23/2011 4:52:47 AM

at 50 YO, if you have to ask, you are in real trouble.

Well, I'm 50, and I would "have" to ask, if I was really looking for the answer. Is it because the OP is actually wanting an answer that he is "in real trouble"???

Women have always said what they wanted. Unfortunately, not all, but most guys never truly listened and therefore there understanding, if any, is opposite of the females.

Ya have to be on this side of the fence to realize how hilarious your words are. Men and women generally do NOT communicate the same way. In fact, with my 50 years behind me I have found it's not what women DO say that gives their words meaning, but it's what they don't say that is more informative.
For an answer to the OP's question, there is no set answer. Like most have already said, everyone is different in what they THINK they NEED or WANT. Some people will actually change these requirements as days,weeks,even hours pass.
 abelian
Msg: 18
What do women want?
Posted: 7/23/2011 5:02:44 AM

at 50 YO, if you have to ask, you are in real trouble. Women have always said what they wanted.

Telepathy doesn't count. Neither does telling other women.
 DivineBovine
Msg: 19
view profile
History
What do women want?
Posted: 7/23/2011 5:18:38 AM
we really truly honestly want men to stop asking this question on the forums.

as so many have pointed out to you, we all want something different. you just have to find the person who's different matches YOUR different!

daisy_petal
Msg: 20
What do women want?
Posted: 7/23/2011 6:17:31 AM
Funny, "average" looking men usually complain because they do not score, or women do not notice how nice they are through their profile. Maybe lower your sdtandards a little and you may meet an average looking nice woman like yourself.

Or perhaps women just don't want you.
 U make it entertaining
Msg: 21
What do women want?
Posted: 7/23/2011 6:40:41 AM

we really truly honestly want men to stop asking this question on the forums. ... DivineBovine

^^^^
THIS ... READ THIS!

Honestly ...

Why do you care what women want.
Be who you are.

If I tailored my persona to be who a man wanted me to be, then I would not be a genuine individual.

Get it?
 MsMuscleChick
Msg: 22
What do women want?
Posted: 7/23/2011 6:43:04 AM
We all want someone we are attracted to mentally AND physically.

You will see all sorts of profiles that is how on line is. I see the same shit you see ~ it does not mean most of these men are a match for me ! This is not about showing off ( good Lord, really?) . We , like men want to be happy. We also want someone who has the other qualities that match our INDIVIDUAL needs.
 Kitten189
Msg: 23
What do women want?
Posted: 7/23/2011 6:54:08 AM
We dont want to respond to asinine questions such as this.

Also the "Why Doesn't Anyone Respond To Me?" and "Im a Nice Guy" questions that we read here in the Forums every single day.

We dont want to have to answer those sorts of Q's.
 valenciacityx
Msg: 24
What do women want?
Posted: 7/23/2011 7:29:20 AM
Look, you're all individuals,
You dont have to have a group think and horde victimization
There is not one idea among you all
Think for yourselves
I'm not
You're not what?
I'm not an individual
What the deuce ?

ok so maybe i watch entirely too much Monty Python
 DivineBovine
Msg: 25
view profile
History
What do women want?
Posted: 7/23/2011 7:43:25 AM

lower your sdtandards a little

oh, puh-leeze!

no one has to lower their standards.

standards are as personal and individual as fingerprints, just like that elusive something that we "want" in another.

sure, if he's one of those men who are only messaging that top 20% "most beautiful" (whatever that is), i would recommend that he take a look around at the rest of the women in his area.

i sure hope that people's "standards" don't mean looks but character and personality, and he shouldn't lower his standards when it comes to those. and no one should ever confuse "flexibility" and a willingness to compromise with lowering standards either.
 Walts
Msg: 26
What do women want?
Posted: 7/23/2011 8:10:54 AM

I always wonder when I read questions like this if you're bypassing average looking women. I've talked to countless men who were "average" who complain about the women they've met.

How would you define "average" in today's world when describing a woman????? Are you describing physical attributes or other things when you say "average"?????

And when you say men who are "average" what are YOU describing.

Again, all individual prefrences. I don't like "average" or the "majority", so why wouldn't I "bypass" these types??????
 totalazzhole
Msg: 27
What do women want?
Posted: 7/23/2011 8:14:50 AM
Most don't know themselves, so how are they going to tell YOU ?

(similar to most men BTW) most people don't REALLY know what they want

but he answer for the women is simple..me.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > What do women want?