Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > low self confidence because I have bad IBS      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 _TALL_IQ2_
Msg: 2
low self confidence because I have bad IBSPage 1 of 1    
What do you think I should do?

How about start by defining just what the heck IBS is? And how it affects your daily life, or is it not disabling?
I googled it and found something that doesn't seem to be disabling.. Have you tried beano? Diet change?

Remember everyone else out there is NOT perfect either, despite everything they may claim to be in their embellished profile..

IF you've been tested for most all the possible causes with negative results, have you researched H.pylori?
That persistent stomach bacteria can hide in the stomach lining and cause ulcers eventually, or recurrent IBS that seems to defy treatment. There are a few gram-negative antibiotics ( clarithromycin and amoxicillin) that WILL kill it if taken as prescribed.. Sometimes requiring other meds concurrently to help heal the stomach lining.
 4evaWakefield49
Msg: 4
view profile
History
low self confidence because I have bad IBS
Posted: 7/23/2011 8:25:35 AM
My friend just went to the doctors a few months ago for IBS...he prescribed Lotronex, and she has had close to zero problems since then. You do realize it's a lot more common than you think it is, just that cuz of the sensitive nature...people tend NOT to talk about it. I suggest (if you havent already) make an appt with the doc, and hopefully you'll get it under control, and not be worried about it "rearing" it's ugly head! Lotsa luck
 pinkoleander
Msg: 5
Posted: 7/23/2011 8:39:02 AM
You need to see a doctor and get some meds. You need to learn which foods trigger it and which help and possibly any emotional situations as well (yes, I am aware it is a medical condition but stress can trigger it.) Finally, just let the girl know what it is and how it affects you. It's only the potty for God's sake. There are far worse things you could suffer from. And yeah, I know whereof I speak...
 MsMuscleChick
Msg: 7
Posted: 7/23/2011 8:58:51 AM
You are hot. Do not feel that way. Someone will get to know you and like you or they will not.
 Janet_Always
Msg: 8
Posted: 7/23/2011 9:09:08 AM
Have you tried a more holistic approach to your IBS? There may be supplements or more specific dietary changes that will have better results than what your MD can recommend. Find someone in your area to consult with -- health food stores, chiropractors, acupuncturists -- are all good sources.

Yoga is great for stress/anxiety management. Give that a try also.

And honestly so what if you get embarrassed occasionally and have to leave a date to poo... embarrassment won't kill you. You're giving this IBS way too much power over your life.
 Kitten189
Msg: 11
Posted: 7/23/2011 9:46:48 AM
Op,dont let it control your life.
You may be surprised at the support/understanding a decent girl could give.

Ps. I lurve your arms..................phwoar
 smartypants24
Msg: 12
Posted: 7/23/2011 9:47:41 AM
Ever read the book "Everyone Poops"?...Well it's true. Sure, you have a medical condition that can be embarrassing at times because you can't always control how or when you have to go. But really, if someone you're dating can't handle the fact that you, like every living creature on the planet, have to evacuate your bowels, she's the one with issues, not you.
 Darkbutcomely
Msg: 13
Posted: 7/23/2011 10:24:27 AM
Totally agree with you Muscle. YOU can make it. cause baby YOU are HOT. How shallow was that. BUT it is true. Just tell her you have IBS and nerves makes it worse. AND at the moment you are little nervous. Being honest will help you both out. AND relax. BE yourself. From the sound of your posting your sound great. She is lucky to have you. (repeat before date)
 Walts
Msg: 15
Posted: 7/23/2011 11:34:12 AM
You're letting stomach problems control your dating?????

Really????? Ya gotta feel what I go thru with my ulcers. (or what goes thru me)
If you are actually freaking out, commenting on your "low self-confidence" and/or "anxiety" which helps set off your IBS, then work on those problems first. Your IBS will be somewhat controlled(at least a little bit) by your state of mind.

I know once I learned how to say "I don't give a phuck" (and mean it), the ulcers have settled down quite nicely. Of course there are days.........
 aphroditecda
Msg: 18
Posted: 7/23/2011 12:23:14 PM
I get it ..I get panic attacks but going to the gym and working out regularly helps me alot.... get some anxiety relief... try different things untilyou find one that works.. we all get anxiety when meeting new people and trust me..you are not the only one who has not dated in two years... welcome to the club ..
 shakeitupbaby2012
Msg: 19
Posted: 7/23/2011 12:52:35 PM
IBS isn't just stress related.
If you haven't kept a food/ trigger ( emotional, food, meds, etc)
It's helpful. Have you ruled out allergies / food intolerance etc?
Not to undermine it, but adding fiber to the diet can help, starting off with one that's no one you're intolerant to and with a small
amount.
Natural remedies- like homeopathics- may be of use. Use a classically trained homeopath- not many around in the States but many more in the UK-
Probiotics help build up the normal flora in the gut-

I would have no issue dating someone with IBS.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > low self confidence because I have bad IBS