Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Forum romance [Thread Closed - See within]      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Jen_29
Msg: 1
Forum romance [Thread Closed - See within]Page 1 of 1    
I am curious. Have you ever romantically connected with another forum member?
After a while, you begin to like and dislike certain people who post here.

Several examples of similar threads are already in progess - see below posts for details and add your thoughts to those threads

This Thread Closed

_TALL_IQ2_
Msg: 2
Forum romance
Posted: 7/28/2011 6:49:13 PM

Hi Jen, sorry, you are too far away..
As has apparently been the case for MOST Forumites crushes that may have developed over the years..
Yes, if ONLY POF would log their Forum posts back onto their profiles.. We could learn oh so much about people's personality they would NEVER put in their profile...

But here in the Forums many people feel free to express their true selves, since the likelyhood of EVER meeting IRL is so very slim..
That can benefit some shy types, and have an extreme detriment to others...

So yes it CAN happen over the years/many miles, but is VERY rare.. Darn..
 Janet_Always
Msg: 3
Forum romance
Posted: 7/28/2011 7:45:59 PM
I met several people from the local California threads a few years ago. Men and women, but nothing romantic ever.

There are certainly some posters that I really enjoy reading what they have to say. Do I have a crush? No, not really. Maybe admiration... but that goes for some of the females as well.

The mean, stupid and nasty ones are kinda fun, too.
 _shakti_
Msg: 4
Forum romance
Posted: 7/28/2011 7:53:07 PM
I met one yes, it didn't turn out to be romantic, but I'm grateful to have met him all the same.

I still harbour a couple of forum crushes too.. it's amazing the view you get of people through this means. I would never have believed it until it actually happened to me.

Wasn't there an even older forum crush thread? Going to have to search that..
 UglyFroggieCritter
Msg: 5
Forum romance
Posted: 7/28/2011 7:54:47 PM
^^ See post 4, Cowboy supplies a link to it.
 _shakti_
Msg: 6
Forum romance
Posted: 7/28/2011 7:57:46 PM
I meant one older than that, but maybe I was thinking of this one:

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts7183204.aspx
 jblack187
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Forum romance
Posted: 7/28/2011 8:18:50 PM
Never had any "forum romance" but there was the time that I gave this dude some sex/foreplay advice and ended up getting a bunch of messages because of it
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 8
Forum romance
Posted: 7/28/2011 8:19:00 PM

Nope. I have very strict rules about fraternizing with the hired help. (Or something like that.)
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Forum romance [Thread Closed - See within]