Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Casual dating - the rules      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 K&M~House~of~Evil
Msg: 3
Casual dating - the rulesPage 1 of 1    
^^^ Very nice, He must be a sensative man?

What is Casual dating vs normal dating??? ohh yeah...it's called going DUTCH. (lame)

crazyowl
Msg: 5
Casual dating - the rules
Posted: 7/20/2005 11:38:30 PM
i think this is pretty much the same with 'friends with benefits'. or maybe i'm wrong. but you're very right. i was involved some time ago in something like that. and i broke the 1st rule... i got involved a little too much, even though she told me she's gonna date other people.
 HAHANOW
Msg: 7
Posted: 7/21/2005 12:37:02 AM
alway spilt the freakin check!
 carribeanking7
Msg: 8
Posted: 7/21/2005 1:23:11 AM
@TDH...hiya pal..........

OT...
casual dating is tiring.......especially when they dont read your profile properly......
I get plenty of mail..so I just stopped deleting...its now a 5 page scroll.......
met many in person....but no takers......only comments like "you do exist" whatever that is supposed to mean.

I do agree with you ..the question whether you are dating anyone else...is annoying especially coming from those you are meeting for the first time....
This is what I do...I throw the question back..."are You ?" she replies "NO"....I respond "well you should" then for some reason she stops contacting or forwarding you good jokes...LOL

add another rule.....read the profile CAREFULLY.....

I remember one date where she was shocked I smoke........says so in my profile "smokes often"

Another rule to add is......take periodical breaks to break the monotony...which im doing now...to catch up on reading...beer...pool with the guys...life is not all about dating......
 rory27
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 7/21/2005 2:07:36 AM
As to a woman dating others, "well, you should". Excellent, as always, carrib. I, however, don't find it annoying at all.

I'm always delighted when I find that my first date is currently dating others. It tells me several things:

1) She's popular and desireable.

2) Chances are she's not going to get overly needy and desperate right away, and stage one-sided conversations on the second date as to where "our relationship stands".

3) I'll be challenged to be a better man in relation to her other daters/lovers.
 ¤°§åüçêy§oul§pinr°¤
Msg: 10
Posted: 7/21/2005 3:57:26 AM
I'd have to think of more, but my main rules on casual dating rules are:
1. NO kissing from me to you, You can kiss me tho. (it's too personal for me)
2. Keep it ruff (making love is for ppl in love)
3. "No you can't meet my kid!"

For me to keep it casual, I have to do these three things not to get my feelings involved.
 fishbill
Msg: 12
Posted: 7/21/2005 10:10:54 AM
This is friking amazing, not that I know much about "casual dating" or why or who that I always thought meant the "first few dates"....but that this is the second time in 6 months I have seen a dude mention another dudes posts in agreement! Now thats what I call a sensitve man. Lets take a collection for the Golden Condom (no its not filled with piss), get your minds out of the gutter.
 wykkidd
Msg: 19
Posted: 6/3/2006 3:59:21 AM
I think the term "casual dating" is a cop out....It seems to me that it is really no more than
"friends with benefits"...and it allows the person the option of saying "well it was only casual" when and if someone better comes along..as well no real effort needs to be put into the relationship because again...it was only "casual dating"...
 luvnthatswirl
Msg: 20
Posted: 6/3/2006 4:59:54 AM
Nope.... not in MY book.

"Casual dating" is when two adults can go out (or stay in) and have a good time enjoying each other's company, with no expectations. Casual dating DOES NOT MEAN casual sex. Both parties are aware that the other is dating other people (dating does not necessarily mean having sex with) and are okay with it. Neither is looking for long-term commitment (marriage) or a steady relationship (boyfriend/girlfriend) of any kind, but does enjoy the companionship of the opposite sex.

"Friends with benefits" (I hate that stupid term) involves CASUAL SEX, which is NOT casual dating.
 Esperanza143
Msg: 21
Posted: 6/3/2006 5:13:36 AM
If I am casually dating...I often go in my own car..meet somewhere, pay my share...and enjoy company...these are the guys that you can call on short notice and say "hey, what ya doing?" " wanna go shoot couple games of pool and have a beer?"
 Marsupial
Msg: 22
Posted: 6/3/2006 6:10:37 AM
Rules were meant to be broken.

If i have a casual, ever, and i see that gleam in her eyes it's done. Casual is over.

Why would anyone want to waste their time with a situation they KNOW is not going anywhere.

If the magicical sparks not there, Cupid's not around, and you are wasting your time.

Stupid rules of engagement. bleh.

My advice......

Slink thru the tall grass at the watering hole, making as little noise as possible. get yourself close enough........ POUNCE!!
Bring her back to the lair, dinner is served.

Oh and never forget that line about the hunter being hunted. You could be caught, caged and laden with chains. Or wind up on the stewpot yourself, heh, which of course wouldn't be bad.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Casual dating - the rules